Search results

1. cube-tube

Cube-Tube's system, NOW with Room Acoustics Treatments... Finally!

The 2" Impression panels came in Friday, the 4" Alpha panels showed up first thing yesterday morning around 9am! That alone was shocking! They were supposed to ship out on the 24th and arrive by the 29th! Good on GIK Acoustics for that. As for fit and finish, I've read that a lot of these panels...
  2. cube-tube

QUAD Artera Pre...

I'm on the hunt for a new preamp as I just sold my Schiit Freya+. Currently I'm using my Topping A90 headphone amp as the preamp for my system since it has balanced inputs & outputs. It sounds surprisingly good, as in really good! It sounds great as a headphone amp, but I wasn't expecting it to...
  3. cube-tube

Lost another furry family member last night...

When my girlfriend and I first got together 12 years ago, about 4 months into our relationship, we decided to adopt a kitten. When at the pet store, this little guy (Trouble) came right up to us, along with his little sister (Charlie). So we adopted both of them. Fast forward to about 5 or 6...
  4. cube-tube

Our Residence Pipe Organ & Cassette Decks (Trip down Memory Lane)...

I was asked by a member in another forum as to why I don't have a reel-to-reel deck with my stack of cassette decks. I started typing this up in the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread in that forum, but soon realized it was way too large of a post and too way off topic, so made it...
  5. cube-tube

Buzzing & Humming Issue... Looking for suggestions/solutions please...

To start off, I didn't want to say anything about this until I had time to run through things and try and solve the issue myself. With that being said... As some of you may know by now, I have four cassette decks. Three of them are connected to a dbx 400x route selector in the usual manner...
  6. cube-tube

Remember the old dbx 400x Program Route Selector?..

I'm working on a little "vintage" project that's going to be going in the rear of my listening room and will be connected to the main system in the front of the room. The thing is, I'm going to have 4 sources and I will have to be able to select between them. A dbx 400x would be a perfect...
  7. cube-tube

Getting into Room Acoustics Treatments...

Since yesterday afternoon or so, I've been actively researching something I've never bothered with before, treating my room which is said to be more effective than swapping equipment, which I can completely understand. Naturally, the first company I looked at is GIK Acoustics. I was prepared to...
  8. cube-tube

We lost our 30+ year old kitty today...

Well, just an hour ago, our family lost another sweet kitty of over 30 years! His name was Puzz and my grandmother got him as a kitten when I was only 14 years old! 14 years old and I am now 44! Yes, Puzz lived for over 30 healthy years! Though the last month or two, he declined rather quickly...
  9. cube-tube

Precisely why I hate USPS, FedEx & UPS...

So I ordered a matched pair of tubes several days ago, and the package was promised to be here today (Dec 6th) via USPS. The mail always comes through here around 10am, and today nothing. I go online and look at the poor excuse that USPS provides as "tracking" and it shows the tubes leaving...
  10. cube-tube

NOS Raytheon-Baldwin 6SN7GTB tubes...

Ahh... Now I remember why I loved these old Raytheon/Baldwin 6SN7GTB's so much. Not only do these tubes look like they just came out of the factory, they are also quieter than the stock JJ tubes. The JJ's offered up just the slightest bit of hiss with my ear up to the tweeter. These Raytheon's...
  11. cube-tube

We lost one of our babies this morning...

Well we lost another one of our sweet babies today. Mina's health started declining around the beginning of the week We took her to Companion Animal Hospital (who we've gone to for 10 years now) Thursday and she was put on an IV for 10 minutes or so to get some fluids back in her as well as some...
  12. cube-tube

Long post, but please read... Sonus faber or NHT?... Or?...

So I was just watching one of Paul's latest "Ask Paul" videos (PS Audio) where someone asked Paul about either upgrading his Stellar Gain Cell DAC or getting dual REL subs. Paul's answer was essentially to upgrade the speakers. Ever since we planned to move into a house, I have been thinking...
  13. cube-tube

Moving into a house finally!! Need help/suggestions please...

So a friend of mine is going to rent a house to us that's been in his family (his wife actually grew up in it) since 1952. The house was built in 1951, has somewhat dark wood floors throughout, and the rooms are a bit smallish, but luckily no popcorn ceilings! All of the ceilings are I guess you...
  14. cube-tube

Phil Collins - Hello, I Must Be Going - Remastered vs Original Pressing...

A couple years back, I got on a pre-order list for a box set of Phil Collins albums that were in the process of being remastered. A couple of them were released at one time, others were released as they became available. One of them didn't come until about 5 months later. I only opened and...
  15. cube-tube

Lost a family member yesterday...

Well yesterday was a long, sad day. One of our kitties named Harpo had to be put down. He had been acting a bit off the past couple of weeks, and for about the past 4 days hasn't been eating or drinking much of anything, and his breathing had become very labored. We took him to the vet a...
  16. cube-tube

Turntable Differences...

As some of you may know, a couple years back I used to own a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB DC turntable. I now own a Music Hall mmf 2.3SE. From what I can tell, they are identical except for the tonearms. The Pro-Ject uses a full carbon tonearm and comes with an acrylic platter. The Music...
  17. cube-tube

Professional reviews...

Does anyone know of or have any links or pdf files of any original reviews for the Monitor Audio Silver 3i bookshelf speakers I'm using? Even some measurement charts? I can find reviews for the Studio 6, 10 and 15 quite easily, but not the Silver 3i, or even the 4i for that matter. I have...
  18. cube-tube

Welcome back old friends...

I missed them from the point of selling them and shipping them off several years ago. For the past few months, in the process of settling back into the apartment and hunting for a quality, solid pair of speakers to use. Considering small 2-way towers and multiple 2-way bookshelf speakers...
  19. cube-tube

Disney Movie "The One And Only Ivan" filming at my work!...

If anyone is interested in such things, Disney is coming out with the new movie named "The One And Only Ivan". They're shooting in four different locations in town, all within a couple miles of each other, but the main part of it is being shot in the Southgate Plaza, which is the same exact...
  20. cube-tube

A big change to my system today...

Well... Something happened today, and it sounds a LOT better than I was expecting! This is only a temp setup to break in the Audio Nirvana Super 12 Ferrite drivers. The AN's are running fullrange, the Eminence Acoustinator N2012 woofers are boosted 11 dB and rolling off after 165 Hz. And no...
  21. cube-tube

The Ex's New System...

One of my brothers and I went over to my ex-girlfriend's place today to help her set up her new stereo system. I'm actually quite proud of her. She researched on her own and decided on a brand new pair of Elac B6 speakers. To round out the system, I gave her my Luxman PD277 turntable with Linn...
  22. cube-tube

I'm the proud new father of TWINS!

Just received a second JL Audio e110 subwoofer, from the same gentleman that I purchased the other e110 and both Carver amps from as well as the Carver C-1 preamp I was using for a while. Both of these subs are practically new. He owned them both for a year or so and barely used them. After...
  23. cube-tube

Central Florida Z Club meet @ Ace Cafe in Orlando, FL...

Drove out to meet up with the Central FL Z Club today at the Ace Cafe in Orlando this evening. First time attending. We (me and my girlfriend in my Z and my brother in his Z) had a really great time. And a great group of people and Z's! We will be going again!
  24. cube-tube

Freshening up old Genesis Enclosures... Tips please...

So I want to freshen up my old 1979 Genesis II's. The enclosures are in excellent shape, but the wood has to be dried out like crazy by now. I want to get them all spiffy again, but have never done anything like this before. I have a bottle of this Howard's Beeswax conditioner and polish that...
  25. cube-tube

Touched by Bob Carver...

My girlfriend and I had planned our vacation for 9 months in advance to go to Carver Fest 2017 up in Bryston City, NC... The Hurricane Irma decided to pay us a visit. Needless to say, we cancelled our vacation. With that said, one of the members on the Carver Site that I bought my C1 preamp...
Back
Top Bottom