Search results

1. Asmodeus2112

A-1020 on the hobbyist bench

Hmm, I have not expertise here, but maybe push to limits for a little bit and then test on the curve tester again to see if it's specs changed?
  2. Asmodeus2112

HK 775s, 725, 715, 705 shipping horror!

Good grief.... no longer going to respond to this.
  3. Asmodeus2112

Broken solder pins on switch

Since the pins seem to be ok with being bent once, I bent the pins so that i could solder leads onto them. Worked well. Looks like the lead is touching the case, but it's just an optical illusion.
  4. Asmodeus2112

I am going to go back and give some nice reviews to all the people who I have had good experiences with!
  5. Asmodeus2112

Yes, it's a real shame. After I requested a refund the first message was that they were really sorry, and that yes it's now worthless. They didn't want to pay to have them shipped back so i should just throw them away or use them for parts. Then they asked for me to cancel the return request...
  6. Asmodeus2112

No, I think I am proteceted by Ebay. The seller has to refund me in full plus pay for return shipping. I have put a refund request in and then the seller and I negotiate. If we can't come to an agreement then ebay will step in. I think what usually happens is the seller makes an offer for me to...
  7. Asmodeus2112

OMG, I bought two 775 power amps, plus the 725 preamp, 715 tuner and 705 tape deck. Paid an ok but fair price. The seller put them all in one box, with NO packing at all! OMG, what a shame, they are just really, really damaged now. Ugh. Starting the return process, but I am just sick to my...
  8. Asmodeus2112

Yep, got it. Was just saying that the ones done by someone else look a bit sketch.
  9. Asmodeus2112

Those solder joints look like they are flagging from being too cool.
  10. Asmodeus2112

Yamaha newbie A-700 resto thread

The Hako is nice, but I'm sure plenty of the ones from China do a fine job as well. Many of the other methods work too, but the solder sucker is sure nice.
  11. Asmodeus2112

Incoming B-6...Might be a basket case...will need Avionics help for sure !!! FIXED,sorta !!!

Well if it makes you feel any better I just finished restoring an HK EQ (Don't judge, I'm collecting all the pieces from American Psycho). Was working excellent then I put the front bezel back on and smoke - pop. I put the little LED board in upside down and grounded the positive rail. What was...
  12. Asmodeus2112

Ok, yeah. There is enough space between the PCB and bottom of the switch. Got it.
  13. Asmodeus2112

My SOP is to desolder switches, disassemble and clean. Most equipment I have worked on use Alps switches, but recently came across a different brand switch. Problem is that the mfg bent some of the pins when they installed them, and the metal is very brittle and broke as I was removing the...
  14. Asmodeus2112

Yamaha newbie A-700 resto thread

Since y'all are talking shop... I've really liked using these little swabs with flux remover. I use a little dispenser bottle to put drops on the swab. Couldn't imagine living with thought the solder sucker. I hope you like yours too.
  15. Asmodeus2112

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Wow, nice. How do they sound?
  16. Asmodeus2112

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Yeah, agree with Avionic, that TT is nice!
  17. Asmodeus2112

Nice amp, I have an A-1000 in the queue. Nice Snowmobile too, I remember when the original came out, pushing the design back in the day.
  18. Asmodeus2112

Yamaha C4 vs Yamaha CX 70

The line was the C-2a, C-4 and C-6, lower number a better preamp.
  19. Asmodeus2112

M-60 can it be saved?

I think they are important to replace. Someday the amp might get shipped. I use bumpers that I get from work. Something like these:https://www.mcmaster.com/products/rubber/bumpers~/adhesive-back-bumpers-6/
  20. Asmodeus2112

M-60 can it be saved?

Wow. I am confident that it could be saved. I am sure that if you account for the value of your time it won't make economical sense, but I do a whole bunch of repairs that don't make economic sense... So, have fun and best of luck. I will be watching with much interest. I have a working M-60 if...
  21. Asmodeus2112

M-4 What's up?

This is an interesting video. This guy uses ulrasonic cleaning. Anyone know what his "special oil" is? Assuming D100 or similar is as good/better, buy curious.
  22. Asmodeus2112

HA-1 "Restore"

I sent the caps back to the owner with the HA-1. :( Next time!
  23. Asmodeus2112

Yamaha M4 Incoming

Very nice! I love this era too. I have two M-4's, and in a moment of foolishness sold my C-4 last year. I am now looking for a nice C-4 again... Or a C-2. I have a C-6, but it's really not in the same league IMO as the C-4 better yet the C-2s.
  24. Asmodeus2112

Light socket

You might try https://sites.google.com/site/dgwojocom/
Back
Top Bottom