Search results

1. sax6

Yamaha RX 595 _ bass control working at 20Hz_ typo ?

Could this be thru ? owner manual states that bass control of that receiver adds or substracs 10Db at 20Hz ( ? ? ) I cannot even hear 20hz tones ( maybe feel them ) Also it states turnover frequency at 350 hz. Someone could clarifie ? I know that, some sansui bass controls work at 50hz (...
  2. sax6

IMF TLS50 value with new Monacor MSH 115 instead of originals ELAC

hello Grabbed a pair of TLS50 but midranges were refoamed with incorrect / spliced foam. And one of the Elac had a scrapping voice coil. Tried to find the original 200e but could not. In the end, I've ordered some Monacor drop in replacement known to be good. To me ears, the rendering is...
  3. sax6

IMF midrange - ELAC 4/200 foam replacement

Hello ! Trying to source ELAC 4/200 '' exact fit '' foam replacement, somewhere. They are the midrange driver in the IMF TLS50 Anyone has a clue ? Thank you very much
  4. sax6

B&W DM2A woofer - metalic vibration with bass thumps

Hello One speaker develloped an annoying kind of metalic vibration with almost every bass thumps. Sticking my ear against the upper panel, it's like something lose. I've opened up ( removed woofer ) discovered nothing obvious. Afterward, I've bumped into this pic, showing the back of the...
  5. sax6

Help needed about Energy ESM

Would you confirmed these ESM1 holds original woofer... geez, they wear a kind of '' Boston A-xx '' large cone lip suspension... a feel of a RS replacement woofer. Thx for Larsen...I mean, feedback
  6. sax6

Sony Str4800sd - only one filter cap ?

Why is so ? Old fashion rail voltage design ? Should get one soon anyway.. just wanted to learn about this design. I know, it is STK loaded, but, Sony's STK. Thx
  7. sax6

What does '' STK '' stands for....

.Title says it all
  8. sax6

Canadian made Diotte Speakers - Anybody knows ?

For sale near by my place. They look Mmm... maybe well made but a little DIY'ish. Anybody knows about these ? Woofer seems kind of Radio Shack but with a square magnet... Never saw one. Anyway, feedback would be appreciated. Thx. Pics property from Kijiji seller.
  9. sax6

RADFORD 12 SLS

Seeking info about these, mainly about if they are Transmission Line
  10. sax6

Pierre Etienne Leon MII ( pics of inside )

Just picked up a pair of these... very impressed with the soundstage and bass. Paid some too much money for them but, it's a christmas gift from me to me. Took some pics inside after opening up the'' back door '' Seems odd that the woofer is recessed. I think Focal is good tough. And Audax...
  11. sax6

Cerwin Vega suited for ... low listening level

Hi Known for party level listening, do Cerwin Vega speakers could be suited for late night listening, as in, rounded bass rendering and sweet highs ? I know that their woofers have large excursion so that is what made me think that bass would be good for a '' while the kids and girlfriend were...
  12. sax6

Value of IMF TLS 50 ( unknown version ) and Sansui amp

An ad is beeing posted 50 miles from me, offers a Sansui AU-7700 / TU-7700, BANG & OLUFSON Beogram 1600 turntable ... and ....and.... a pair of IMF speakers .. for... for.... for 1500$ canadian currency. I'm craving for TL speakers... but the seller will let go only if bought as a lot...
  13. sax6

Are these Dynaco A10 ?

If so, well, I'm not so interested.... All I need is a pair of 25 TV-EW woofers...
  14. sax6

Saving Energy 22 tweeters

Could I save my tweeters by lowering ( attenuating ) the treble on my amplifier ? These Energys will be for low level listening as they put out good ( very ) bass response at low level. Three pegs supporting the grill >>> early production >> old tweeters >>> dried up ferrofluid. I'm willing...
  15. sax6

Optimus T-110 special surround ???

Does a generic 10 inches surround would fit the passive radiator ? I heard it would not. I ask the reference here ! THX
  16. sax6

IMF TLS 50I worth 500$ can

Delivered to my door. I know, I know, mids need to be refoamed. Is a refoam with generic foam OK ? Geez.. All I read about them is good juice... Pic Credit: CAM
  17. sax6

Identify these Wharfedale SVP

I have them Wharfy's model somewhere in my mind.... but for now, my mind is missing. Good choice for a '' round bass '' rendering ?
  18. sax6

Found some, well, ar2 ax

made in canada ah ah ahh... How low can a company go by duplicating another well known manufacturer. Pic 2 even says '' This is the original '' C'mon guys Geezzz us . All in all, this is just for laugh.. and a lot of it.
  19. sax6

Correct BA100 woofers ?

I have a chance on these but the woofers smell Radio Shack. Seller states that they are authorized Boston replacement woofers. Never heard of that. Someone else had experiences about '' authorized Boston replacement woofers '' ?
  20. sax6

I Wanna cry but it is no use...

Missed a pair of IMF. I think by the pic they were ALS 40. Phoned the nice old lady and ... '''' Oh, they are long gone... ( me ) Simple curiosity mam. For how much did you sell them ? ( nice old lady ) I think I got 20$ for them .. ( me ) Arrrgghhhhhh. Can't win'em all. But these, I'll have...
  21. sax6

Speaker manufacturer code >>>> 1055

Hi I would like to know if someone outhere knows who build/designed this woofer. I've found the code 1056, it's Fisher. But can't fine 1055. It's a 10 inches Alnico woofer that comes from ESS tempest LS5 I know, not the prettiest refoam ever but I like them very much.... waiting for the...
  22. sax6

EPI 200 C WOOFER

hello What model should I ask for on canadian selling sites if I want a original woofer for my EPI 200C ?? Geezus... just found those speakers at Salvation. Sadly, they miss on original woofer and I'm trying to find a ( used ) one. I know, Human speakers holds them, but at this horrifying...
  23. sax6

Will there be vintage gear in heaven..

I cannot get enough time listening to all amps and speakers I have. I ( still ) have to go to work, get the laundry clean, write up the income tax form and, and so on. Having been blessed with so many vintage gear scores, I cannot manage to have the time to enjoy them all. Hitting 53 years old...
  24. sax6

Best glue ( in Canada ) for CV surrounds

Hi I'm in Canada ( Quebec ) Heard you all about Aleens glue. I guess we ( Quebecers ) do not hold this one in stores. I've, some sort of' scored , CV D3 for 25$. Indeed, foam suspension is long gone. I've ordered the correct surrounds ( flexible ) for my first CVs. Now. Wuaht would be the...
  25. sax6

Those Rare Yamaha speakers for 100$ NS 570

On sale on my local Kijiji. I went to the place last night, not knowning what they were at all. Geez, these are big and heavy and.... I must say, ugly without the grill. The seller had only a cheapy all in one stereo to play them.... at least, I could verify that all drivers worked. But I...
Back
Top Bottom