Search results

1. Payneman

Did my 2330 just die? Help please.

2330 I found a reputable tech fairly close. It's in his hands now. I should have it in three to four weeks. The dog's name is Brandy, she's a 7 year old Golden Retriever / Great Pyrenees mix. Personality x 10.
  2. Payneman

I'm in a Quadry I have two Pioneer Quad units QX-747, 949. I just acquired a Sansui

I found an AK thread I found a great thread on AK comparing Quad units. Along with your advice, it was also very helpful. I haven't looked at the QRX 7500, since I already have three quad units, and will need to let go of at least one, I doubt I'll be chasing down another.
  3. Payneman

I'm in a Quadry I have two Pioneer Quad units QX-747, 949. I just acquired a Sansui

Okay all you quadramaniacs and quadraphiles: I'm in a Quadry! I have two Pioneer Quad units QX-747, 949. I'm using the 949 downstairs with a Pioneer PL-55DX TT and a Sansui QD-5500 RTR through 4 Pioneer HPM 60's. I now have a Sansui QRX 6500 and a Sansui QX-500 rear quadraphonic amp I...
  4. Payneman

Sansui QRX-6500 Power cord

I found one that required no modification at all. I guess I am lucky!
  5. Payneman

Hey! I found the power cord - at a thrift store. Thanks for the tip AKers
  6. Payneman

Great advice and direction, I'll run with it!
  7. Payneman

Okay - following your direction here is what I found. First off your right I don't hear a click anymore. I have another amp and connected the 2330 pre-out from the 2330 to main-in on that other unit. Just like you said, it worked like a single unit. All the function on the 2330 worked just as...
  8. Payneman

I picked up QXR-6500 at an estate sale, no Power cord. Does anyone know where these can be had other than gleaning through thrift stores or spending and arm and a leg? If I find one I may have to post the pumped up banana dude.
  9. Payneman

2330 Yes, it was the .25 amp fuse on the inside of the unit. After re-installing, it hasn't blown again.
  10. Payneman

ChrisMarantz - Visual inspection done - I can't see anything burned and I looked pretty close. blhagstrom - I have another amp and will try everything you suggested. This is good stuff. It will give me a much better picture of exactly how much is wrong. When I replaced the fuse it did stay...
  11. Payneman

Turned it on - there was a loud popping through the speakers. Smelled something burning, it was nasty. All of the lights remained on and the unit was still going through the functions, tuner, phono, tape 1, etc. but there is no output at all. Completely silent. I pulled the fuse in back and it...
  12. Payneman

Introduction to Marantz

Good for you man, nice score. Lamps are easy to replace too.
  13. Payneman

Scored a 2330 with issues.

No. The guy I purchased it from (that worked on it) thinks that some component in the tuner section is breaking down from the heat. He also thinks the problem might also lie in the power supply which provides voltage to the tuner section. I think this is more likely because even after it heats...
  14. Payneman

Receivers 40wpc or Less You Have Loved

Best receiver under 40 wpc was first receiver, an Akai AA-1135 (35 wpc). Exceptional sound, precise tuner and at 35 wpc it still had the chops to upset the neighbors. Of course I was in a duplex. Very easy to look at too!
  15. Payneman

The thread on how to clean a tuner is excellent! I'm ready to tackle it now. Funny thing about the tuner on the my 2330, when the receiver is cold (like being turned off overnight) I turn it on and the tuner works great, pulls in a strong signal. After it's warmed up 30-40 minutes the tuner will...
  16. Payneman

Yes, I'm going to follow Catrafter's cleaning instructions on the tuner. Since I'm under the hood and the tuner has had these intermittent issues it makes a lot of sense to clean it up.
  17. Payneman

You are all awesome. I appreciate all the great suggestions and information. Especially the tuner cleaning and the FM mute adjustment on the back of the 2330. The unit was "serviced" before I got it. The electrolytic caps on the power supply board, main electrolytic filter capacitors for the...
  18. Payneman

Okay - I worked on this system tonight for quite a while. Here is what I found. The RT 707 I hooked up to Tape 2 had both R & L output knobs on the back of the unit set to zero. I hadn't hooked it up for a while, should have checked it. That problem was solved real quick. One big slice of humble...
  19. Payneman

What song is IMPOSSIBLE not to play loud?

Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Baba O'Reilly = The Who
  20. Payneman

Problem identified with the tuner. It was a user error. User has been duly chastised. Only problem now is with the Source switch. Tape 1 and Tape 2 do not engage the audio on either deck. Man this thing sounds amazing, makes this hard core Pioneer guy wonder what he's been missing.
  21. Payneman

What is the best Marantz Cassette Deck?

I'm familiar with that model - when is the last time you recorded a tape with it?
  22. Payneman

Thanks for the good information. I was wondering about the mutipath button, I saw it engage the meters in both AM & FM. I have some Deoxit cleaner and lube so I can go to work on the tape monitor switch. I do get noise in FM and it intermittently brings in stations. It acts like it can't lock...
  23. Payneman

Thank Joel - me too! The receiver is awesome looking, it's a work of art.
  24. Payneman

I hooked it up tonight to my MB Quart 1002 S speaks and achieved audio nirvana. A couple of issues I still need to smooth out: I can't get the tuner to bring in a station which is a big concern, I have an attic antenna so it should be bringing in a great signal, all the other receivers I've...
Back
Top Bottom