Search results

1. tjohnusa

Bose accoustmas speakers Question

I have a set and remember when they were first rolled out way back when. It was a draw dropping demo at the time and started the small surround sound speakers we have today. I bought mine to use in my bedroom because of their small footprint but have since replaced the cubes with Klipsch...
  2. tjohnusa

OHM C3's

Hmmm...I have never heard the C3 but love the C2. I would imagine they are close in signature and am wondering if your woofers just need a break in. Their customer service is quite good so maybe ask them.
  3. tjohnusa

B&W LM1

I recently picked up a set of these on a facebook for sale site at an amazing price. These are the best sounding 5 1/4 inch two way speakers I have ever heard. Thin in the bass department but paired with a powered sub I love the detail of the tweeter. Voices come through with great clarity. I...
  4. tjohnusa

Mini/Micro audio system speakers

A little off topic but I have a set of satts from Klipsch promedia 2.1 after the sub amp died I replaced the jack with proper connectors and had them in my bedroom system with a bose acoustamass bass module....they were much better than the cubes and about the same size. A set can be had on ebay...
  5. tjohnusa

My Best Buy Visit

With vinyl coming back in vouge you will see audio come back. Audio is now mostly earbuds and Bluetooth speakers but records will be cool once again, which leads to listening sessions, and listening parties. I can forsee a nice home setup a want soon. The prices of vinyl have been shooting...
  6. tjohnusa

JBL L112 Woofer paint

How about a picture?
  7. tjohnusa

JBL L112 what can I expect?

I have a set and am running them with a Hafler 60wpc amp and NAD pre....no issues and excellent "voice" speakers.
  8. tjohnusa

whats the best sounding "small" speaker you've ever heard

Running a set of Klipsch promedia satellites with a Bose acoustamass sub....they are more detailed than the cubes and a nice small system.
  9. tjohnusa

South Carolina?

Beaufort here
  10. tjohnusa

T-Amp for Andrew Jones Pioneer's?

I am using this amp in my bedroom setup. Sounds great and at 20 watts it can get some good volume if you want. I am also running my bookshelfs with a powered sub. https://audioengineusa.com/shop/factory-refurbished/n22-desktop-audio-amplifier-refurbished/
  11. tjohnusa

Ohm model B with no woofers

those are worth saving
  12. tjohnusa

What Turntable new or Vintage...can I find for under $100....?

Get on barter town. There is a music hall 2.2 for sale with acrylic platter and upgraded counter weight for $229 plus shipping.....that would be perfect.
  13. tjohnusa

Looking for a new TV

Even a 1080p display makes a awful computer monitor, especially if your gaming. You can get some nice 27" monitors for $150 now.
  14. tjohnusa

Would you Choose Jbl L100 Pioneer, Hpm100 or Top Advents?

Look at my avatar and guess...
  15. tjohnusa

My first OHM find, info appreciated.

Go play the lottery...you are on a streak!!!
  16. tjohnusa

Compact, Inexpensive Sub for Sony 55" Bravia TV

If your looking for something small this sub has impressive bass for it's size: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJZETZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I bought one for my surround setup on my screened porch and needed something this small to fit into a cabinet. I had a Klipsch...
  17. tjohnusa

Freezing, Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 4GB

Damn miners....is it freezing only with video playback or normal desktop work also? I would try to pull the card and run onboard graphics to narrow down the problem.
  18. tjohnusa

Bought the VIZIO SB3621n-E8M 36" 2.1 Sound Bar System,

I recently upgraded my living room tv to 4k and decided to go with a soundbar. I picked up a Samsung with the wireless sub and since I have rear speakers with wires run through the walls I wanted something with surround. This unit was around $140 and a wireless surround kit was on sale for $60...
  19. tjohnusa

Looking for a new TV

In an effort to keep costs down manufacturers are eliminating things like RCA output jacks and headphone jacks going with a single optical out. Make sure your tv has that and scour craigslist. With many people wanting new larger 4k TV's you can get a nice used 32" for a song.
  20. tjohnusa

Analog to Dolby Processor

You can still get some nice sound from an older avr. I was running a NAD 716 I bought on craigslist for $50 that produced some decent surround from a analog rca cable from my directv receiver if you are trying to do it on the cheap. I still have that receiver just collecting dust if your interested.
  21. tjohnusa

New technology with vintage amps - solution available?

For $229 you can get a xbox oneS and have a 4k player but it only has optical out or hdmi. It is a very nice digital source with expanding apps library....and of course now your talking video games on a big screen!
  22. tjohnusa

Need optical help

I have a LG 43uj6300 4k tv and want to run the audio to my 2 channel stereo. I am using a xbox one s as my digital source. I am using this converter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009346RSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 since there isn't a line out or earphone jack on the tv...
  23. tjohnusa

Bluetooth outdoor speakers

I recently picked this up and highly recommend for the price....impressive bass and tight highs. https://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B074P79X9C/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1524508365&sr=1-1&keywords=onyx
  24. tjohnusa

Bluetooth speakers who’s rockin them

I have a few wired setups but could always use something portable and started out with a small ihome something or another stereo speaker (cheap and got sound out of it) then picked up a photive soundscape that had a passive radiator and a bit more wattage and that sounded deceptively good. I...
Back
Top Bottom