Search results

1. helios660

Official Jolida JD9 thread

Mcintosh C2200 with a Silvercore SUT made for Denon 103. - This setup is 10-15 times more expensive than what I paid for my JD9 ....damn, the JD9 is good!
  2. helios660

Hey guys, I think the time has come to let go of my JD9. I cant believe it has been almost 4 years since I started this thread and it's been a lot of fun watching it grow over the years.... Obbligato's, 627's, Mullards, sound dampening all over. I have plenty of photos, some of which are...
  3. helios660

Rega Owner's Thread

Does anyone here have an extra 2mm shim for a planar 3 / RB300? If not, where is the best place to get them? Thanks!
  4. helios660

Command Hooks Cable Isolation

Anyone using Command hooks for cable isolation? It works pretty awesome, if you have to route cables behind a HT rig.
  5. helios660

Anyone have a suggestion for lowering gain out of the JD9? Tubes? ICs? I got a new preamp and power amp recently and I would like to be able to get more gain out of the pre without playback being too loud.
  6. helios660

Anyone leave their JD9 on all the time?
  7. helios660

Caps came......more photos for reference
  8. helios660

I am finally getting around to swapping the opamps in this thing. Ordered 2 opa627ap's for now. What position do you guys say makes the most difference? and what sonic qualities change? After skimming thru this thread again this week it seems like replacing the outputs first is what I should do...
  9. helios660

After 3 years, I have updated the original post with a quick reference. If anyone would like me to add to it, let me know. If anyone has anymore helpful links I can add, let me know.
  10. helios660

Post your photography!!

Awesome shots Chillwolf!
  11. helios660

Has anyone tried Wondercaps in their JD9?
  12. helios660

I think I said it already, but in case I didnt. This guide is awesome! Thank you!
  13. helios660

JOLIDA JD9 Shenda vs Maryland + Review

The thought of the tubes making no difference is laughable. My tube swap made a massive difference. Was night and day.
  14. helios660

tube depot $47 for a pair. including shipping, pairing and testing for low noise and microphonics. i would only recommended these new sensor mullards if your looking to roll off the top. they are on the dark side. i would also suggest waiting till your arum is completely broken in, before...
  15. helios660

Not to take any credit away from bsujeep, because his points are valid (and please try what he suggests as well), but i get the impression that you need a more drastic change. Something that capacitance switches are not going to give you. The first thing i would check is the calibration of the...
  16. helios660

Fisher "Studio Standard" MT-6430 Turntable

lets see a photo!
  17. helios660

brett is correct, its switch 4 not switch 5 like i said. sorry for the confusion. i changed in in my original post.
  18. helios660

im sorry i can not offer a better answer than the one im about to give. but ....here it goes.. ....the "correct setting" is the setting that sounds best to YOU, on YOUR system in YOUR room. i feel like this goes for most home audio questions like this. the settings are there for the listener to...
  19. helios660

JOLIDA JD9 Shenda vs Maryland + Review

i think this thread has proven the designs are in fact the same. as jolida.net states on their site and that they are not lying. personally it would be a no-brainer for me - for 300$ less...i would go for jolida.net i've ordered direct from jolida.net and had very good communication, fast...
  20. helios660

Best TUBE integrated amp under $1,000

+1, point to point wiring in a new unit at this price is pretty amazing.
  21. helios660

WOW, those are amazing links. thanks!
  22. helios660

Source Technologies 277 Speakers: Opinions/Comments

did you ever end up buying these? i have a pair an i love them
Back
Top Bottom