Search results

1. Snow

Pioneer SX-1000tw

If it is working and sounds good I think it would be a good deal at $100.00 you can always part it out for more if it quits on you so no chance of losing money.
  2. Snow

Shipping surprises

Good point I did not think of that, I have never taken anything to a thrift because when I am done with something it is not worth giving them something totally used up but I will donate un wanted electronics to the local recycler or aluminum cans to a transfer/dump site re use area because I...
  3. Snow

Shipping surprises

Well you only have a few choices either send them back keep them throw them away or sell them, I would try and send them back if they provided a label because to me that is the right thing to do but they they may not even want them back and then do whatever you like. In any case the decision is...
  4. Snow

TOSHIBA :

Congrats nice looking unit. It likely cost more for gas back and forth then the receiver did.
  5. Snow

Bring Your Own Bag

Good to hear I have been wondering for years when we would come to our senses and stop using plastic for almost everything, some places are using thicker plastic bags and charging a small fee for them` which I think is pissing in the wind. Most people wont care enough about a small fee to reuse...
  6. Snow

McIntosh mc2kw amplifiers Anchorage Alaska

Yes you are correct they are not in Anchorage but they are listed in the Anchorage CL and there is no Seward CL hence why I stated Anchorage even though that is not technically correct, Good to know the original MSRP and a place fairly close that would be willing to repair them if brought in...
  7. Snow

Bring Your Own Bag

As stated over and over in this thread the 10 cent fee is not the issue for me it is the total lack of regard for either customer or employee that upset me, yes there was no signage for the change in policy nor did the clerk have any idea as to why the policy had changed thereby leaving both her...
  8. Snow

FB Marketplace sellers are getting worse

I suppose you are correct it just seems that little old ladies should be more honest then most folks if they look like your grandma. Regards Snow
  9. Snow

Bring Your Own Bag

I agree that plastic anything will degrade much slower then anything aluminum and is way more harmful to the environment. I noticed recently that my local Fred Meyers stores put out reusable thick plastic bags last week which is great if people actually use them as designed instead of just...
  10. Snow

Oil Changes these days! $$$$$

I had my oil changed recently by a local Jiffy lube I bought the oil and filter it was $120.00 total my best friends uncle has a car that he said that it cost 5k to change the oil in it no idea what it is or how often it needs done.
  11. Snow

The Smoke Is Finally lessening

Well we have almost 426 million acres of land here so 3 million acres that have burned so far is a small portion of the total land mass but creates a lot of smoke. Yes 80 degrees in the summer is pretty normal for here but still warmer then I like, it has gotten to 100 above here before and...
  12. Snow

I'm turning in my keys.

Thanks Ernie and I wish you the best you have always been one of the good ones in my eyes. Regards Snow
  13. Snow

I think about it every winter but I have been here most of my life and there are many things that I enjoy about living here. Regards Snow
  14. Snow

Bring Your Own Bag

They save the cords and sell it for scrap. the thing is that makes no sense because it would take hundreds of cords to make as much money as much money as I would pay for one item un clean copper sells for very little. While I agree with you that less plastic waste is a good thing, you stating...
  15. Snow

FB Marketplace sellers are getting worse

I have little faith in people it seems the majority are very self centered and most think nothing of not keeping their word if it benefits them in some way, I have had little old ladies lie straight to my face while looking me in the eye. As soon as someone tells me a price on something then...
  16. Snow

I am in Alaska, we had a very cold and snowy winter and as soon as break up came it turned hot for us in the 80's and the fires began. Regards Snow
  17. Snow

Yes I can smell it night and day, some days the smoke is bad enough that you cant see the sun it is just a red orb in the sky but recently we have had rain so that is helping with slowing down the fires and making the air cleaner of course with the rain comes flooding so others are bothered by...
  18. Snow

No idea other then I have only seen them on tube amps myself. Regards Snow
  19. Snow

No idea they look like they get pretty warm from looking at the color of the metal. I would love to hear them perhaps they may be the ones that change my mind about the Mcintosh sound, I have never heard anything by Mcintosh that made me say wow I want one. Regards Snow
  20. Snow

No idea if this is a good price or not but if it is a good price you may wish to act quickly No affiliation whatsoever. 25k https://anchorage.craigslist.org/ele/d/seward-mcintosh-mc2kw-amplifiers/7508785812.html
  21. Snow

How old were you when you stopped listening to new music?

Well to me at least that is fine even though that is not for me. Some people tend to stick with what they know and enjoy, I have a BIL who has never left his home state and has only been a few miles away from his birth spot a few times in his entire life and he is in late 70"s much like tastes...
  22. Snow

Bring Your Own Bag

I have no issue with that and I wish it would happen in the USA also That may well be but that is not the case where I live in Alaska. The cost of the bags do not bother me it is only 10 cents each after all, it is the way they went about it that bothers me, first not a single sign anywhere...
  23. Snow

It seems that it has been at least a month since we could see clearly more then a few hundred feet locally due to fires, there is over 500 fires burning currently with 3 million acres burned so far but today is the first day in quite a while that it has cleared up a bit. I could tell that...
  24. Snow

Bring Your Own Bag

Fair enough it just seemed to come off as that way to me when you stated that you would not be abusive to the cashier that I somehow had been. very easy to misinterpret what someone means in text versus a face to face conversation where one can read facial expressions and other body language...
  25. Snow

Bring Your Own Bag

Good on them. In this case I think it likely has more to do with cost cutting then saving the environment because the cost of plastic has went way up recently because the cost of petroleum used to make plastic products has went up, I was puzzled as to why the cost of tape had increased as much...
Back
Top Bottom