Search results

1. E2

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Good to see it's still out there. Running a pair of Mani 2's for over 2 years also a thrift find. Nice speakers. I have never found them difficult to drive unless you are trying to play them very loud.....
  2. E2

Vintage gear pricing - little love for integrateds?

I am always relisting. In two markets. The vintage market is strong. My CR 2040 (Receiver) is getting love. Especially the Euro model.... Interesting about peak market. :dunno:
  3. E2

Harman Kardon Citation Receiver resto

The only vintage receiver I want.....chasing something modern though. Nice job. Hopefully it still sounds nice a few years later.
  4. E2

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

5. E2

Newbie Here What do you experts think?

It's kind of amazing what could be had. And what much of it was worth then. I had 2 pairs of Utah speakers. Model escapes me. I sold them and a Panasonic quad receiver for $120. When I auditioned them for the young buyer I cranked them up and the sound knocked one of those crappy Utahs over...
  6. E2

Run vintage Kenwood KR5200 receiver $30 in Kansas City

I had a 7600 that took forever to get $100 for back in the day. I was surprised in the lack of interest in that unit.
  7. E2

2325 value?

At least the OP being crucified is apropos ....... at least yee will arise with Marantz? :dunno:
  8. E2

Vintage gear pricing - little love for integrateds?

Doesn't matter, even DC stations are lacking. I listened briefly to the local classical station today at home. I listen to it in the car often, usually a CD for something else. People like the look of vintage receivers. And that waaarm sound.....o_O If I had kept the Sansui 9090 I had in non...
  9. E2

PIONEER SX-980 worth?

^ Somebody will pay close to his price. The vintage receiver market is whacked. There are a few pieces I have looked at from Audiolab, Leak, Denon, Parasound, and Yamaha that could be had for the price, or very close to the prices quoted by motorstereo.
  10. E2

House of Secrets 92 would have been real good. I always wanted that comic 44 years ago but it was $30 for a clean one. I have been mulling moving my humble collection for some time. I flipped a low grade Amazing Spiderman 2 four years ago....
  11. E2

Cost to sell on eBay

Every flipper I know have always done most of this. Guys that flip anything, they aren't involved with audio..... I am somewhat surprised that people need to sell vintage receivers on Ebay, or any decent vintage stereo equipment. Can still sell on CL or FBM for this material.
  12. E2

Here is an original, record is nm, sleeve is lower VG+. Can't bring myself to part with it. I paid $6 fifteen years ago. The sleeve condition enabled my acquisition. Some mint loony left it because it wasn't mint enough for them. Pissed me off I missed what ever else was there.....
  13. E2

Today's JAZZ playlist

14. E2

Linda's sticker shenanigans on her record collection...a poll

That's my mother's name. To funny. I wonder how old this Linda is. It was a popular name over 70 years ago. I never encounter young people named Linda. Young being under 30.... At least this isn't a slob job (Yes, the point of the thread) ...man I have seen some screwy things people have done...
  15. E2

Cost to sell on eBay

This depends on how poor you are. You always want to be poor, or rich, no in between......
  16. E2

Sublime......
  17. E2

Anything like that from the mid 60's is great. Here's another that my brother beat to death, and apparently one of my uncle's when it originally came out...
  18. E2

This is how I was influenced by early MTV before it went to shit by 84......
  19. E2

Nice fiery spin. One of my best used bin cd finds......
  20. E2

It pays to recycle

It's because some dolt will get hurt, and sue. It's the same reason the local gardening place that's been around for 75 years can't sell different kinds of cider around the holiday season like they did forever. Somebody got sick, so guess what, they stopped it. These places get slammed, they...
  21. E2

3070? I have that deck. It was the first good deck I used. My Father had the one I initially used new.....
  22. E2

It pays to recycle

What varies wildly is who you are dealing with. Run by the state/local county government, or private? The problem is the knuckleheads. You would have people fighting over stuff. You would have idiots getting hurt trying to sue, and or hurting people. It would be a clusterfuck to put it mildly...
Back
Top Bottom