1. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

Ah, didnt catch that
  2. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

just in case I dont get my own before the auction goes away
  3. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

yep, its cracked, seller stated that. I figured for the price I could live with that cosmetic defect for a little bit.
  4. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

The auction pics kind of suck frankly, I will probably get a couple of my own shortly. I take it there isnt any registry or database for the S/N's on these?
  5. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

Well, I just got to unpack it last night, not quite as well packed as I hoped but it looks like UPS was surprisingly gentle with it. Other than the faceplate being cracked as stated in the auction it is in beautiful condition...it looks brand new, not a scratch or ding on it! All lights work...
  6. danbennett2u

Yamaha Changer vs Kyocera

Ok, Yamaha just sent me the original owners manual, the specs I just listed for the cdc805 are the same for the cdc705
  7. danbennett2u

The cdc605 looks completely different than my 705... the 705 looks exactly like a CDC805 without the digital out and linking capability. According to the manual the CDC-805 has: dynamic range of 95, S/N ratio of 105db THD of .0035% I dont know what kirr is but it sounds like the S-bit...
  8. danbennett2u

I did try both connecting to the amp and using the headphone output with the Kyocera, I didnt hear a difference. I will admit I only used the changer with the headphone output, as I don't have it plugged into my amp yet. Does anyone know when Yamaha started using S-Bit DAC's
  9. danbennett2u

I have been listening for the past few nights (with headphones) to my Yamaha CDC-705 cd changer. I did this mainly to see if it worked (it was free) and I havent had any issues with it. I noticed that I really enjoy the sound of it...more so than my Kyocera DA-310cx single disc player. I was...
  10. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

Thanks for the tip! Just in case I need to get some do they use any exotic lamps or are they something pretty standard?
  11. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

Great! I am very happy with my Pioneer SA-9100, but I am interested in hearing something a little higher end! I will probably just use it with broken glass for now, as I dont have the income to satisfy both my hobby and my real bills yet. Glad to know it is still available though!
  12. danbennett2u

First McIntosh...MA 6100

Just won this auction... my first piece and pretty excited, I figured $250 is a decent price even though the glass is cracked. I am a little anxious to hear what it sounds like!:music: MA 6100
  13. danbennett2u

Sansui database - Update

881 serial number My recently acquired 881 is S/N 824090427
  14. danbennett2u

Which Yamaha CDC units are the best?

Cdc-705 Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I noticed the CDC-505 and CDC-905 share the same manual. I have a CDC-705 and from the looks of it, it is exactly like the 905, but with a different remote and no digital out. Since the remote looks like a slightly older design, and it does not...
  15. danbennett2u

Superscope tube?

This doesn't look like tube gear to me, can anyone tell me if it is indeed? the sealed back of the cabinet and mid 70's look makes me think the seller is mistaken. http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/393706988.html
  16. danbennett2u

Need suggestions for a Sansui and Marantz sleeper to complete my rack

I don't know much about Marantz, so I can't help much there. For $150 or less you can get some excellent Sansui's. From what I understand the earlier Sansui's are pretty "warm". I had a 350A (very nice looking!) and although a little below your power and price rating (20wpc) mine was indeed...
  17. danbennett2u

Need suggestions for a Sansui and Marantz sleeper to complete my rack

what budget are you looking to spend, and power range are you looking for
  18. danbennett2u

Realistic STA-52 vs STA-52b

OK, thanks. Radio Shack has specifications for the STA-52b on their web site, I guess that is going to be quite different from either the STA-52 or STA-52A
  19. danbennett2u

Realistic STA-52 vs STA-52b

Anyone know if there is any difference between the two, or a MSRP?
  20. danbennett2u

My review of the Sony STR 6060FW

I have a STR-7065 but it seems the earlier models are more highly regarded... not that I am going to let go of my 7065, but you guys have convinced me to look for one of the 6xxx series!
  21. danbennett2u

Which to keep?

I kind of figured "keep it all" would be the concensus, and am starting to lean that way anyway. It's too hard for me to let vintage gear go
  22. danbennett2u

Which to keep?

Sorry, this is a disjointed mess but here it goes: I found all of this stuff this last weekend at thrift stores and grabbed it all: Sansui 881 with original manuals/reference card: $45 Realistic STA-52, nice shape: $25 Hitachi FT-5000 tuner, dirty but works nice: $3 mid-late 70's Sanyo DD...
  23. danbennett2u

SA-9100 Rumbles when cold

The sound comes through the output to the speakers, not the unit itself, so moving the speakers out of the room won't help isolate the problem. Sorry if I didnt make that too clear. I do like this amp a lot, just looking for a good place to start troubleshooting.
  24. danbennett2u

Any ideas anyone? If it matters any, I can turn it up all the way if no signal is applied to the inputs, but as soon as I put some signal to it she rumbles. Again, it goes away after it is on for a minute or two...
  25. danbennett2u

Hi, I found this amp at a local flea market, on sale for $45 bucks. :banana: It is in beautiful cosmetic condition, and the sound is wonderful. It seems to have one small problem: When it is first turned on, if I try to get more than very low volume it has a deep oscilating rumbling...
Back
Top Bottom