Search results

1. dewickt

C22 Warning - tube preamps

Here is a factory warning about tube preamps, this can include other brands like Marantz 7C and Citation.
  2. dewickt

NEW OWNERS of McIntosh

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Grange and Randall Lead Management Buyout of Fine Sounds Groupin Partnership with LBO France and Yarpa Owner Management to Fast-Track Plans for Accelerated Global Growth New York, April 2014 --- Mauro Grange, CEO of Fine Sounds SpA, and Charlie Randall, longtime...
  3. dewickt

MAC1500 Bottom Cover

Got a MAC1500 in for update, an eBay item that came missing it's bottom cover. In the process of looking for a cover I found a machine shop that came up with a nice bottom cover, cost for perforated metal was inexpensive compared to sheet steel with ventilation holes drilled into it.
  4. dewickt

BA-5000 Parts IC

Have a BA-5000 on the bench, its will traveled but still measures 400W, problem is one of the meters is dead. I Did a quick trace and found a dead TA1376P, a simple inline amplifier with an ALC pin, and also found that this IC is nowhere to found. Help, anyone know where to find a TA1376P ??
  5. dewickt

Preamp S/N Measurments

Have seen lots of debate on what McIntosh preamplifier is the best, OK we all have our favorites, specification wise the newer the better. Here is some real data on signal to noise that I have measured using my test setup and RMAA software, AUX in to MAIN out for all tests. Note, my system...
  6. dewickt

Logan AB2, eating 6550s

Have a Logan amplifier on the bench, seems to be a bit on the rare side. It is rated 150W per channel, 4 6550 per channel, so far it has had 3 of the original (maybe) Svetlana SV6550's arc and open the 10 ohm cathode resistors and one 220 ohm screen resistor. Now comes the question, are these...
  7. dewickt

FM1000 Sensitivity Problem

Here is an unusual problem with the FM1000 I currently have on the bench. First check shows the sensitivity at 30+uV, pulled 6DJ6 and tried a known good new one, still 30uV, cleaned pins now is 1 uV. While doing some tests a while later I notice it is back to 30+uV, what is going on!! Cleaned...
  8. dewickt

Marantz 19 Scope Tube

Am looking for the OEM part number for the scope tube used in the model 19, one on the bench is very dim and I would like to replace it if possible.
  9. dewickt

De emphasis for Singapore

Have a tuner on the bench that is headed for Singapore, have set it for 220VAC but don't know if I should change the de-emphasis from 75us to 50us. Does anyone have a listing of world wide settings, could use them in the future, for now the setting for Singapore will do.
  10. dewickt

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Hollidays.
  11. dewickt

What is wrong with this picture ....

Got this in for service, OK he kept the knobs at home for safer shipping. I unpacked it and did a double take - what is wrong with this tuner ???????
  12. dewickt

DEADBEAT ripped me off.

Looks like I have been had by a DEADBEAT. Went by name of Cool_Blue here on AK. He had me update his MC30’s and MX110 for a total bill of $743, made a few more postings and vanished. Can anyone find this deadbeat. ***address edited out by Kamakiri*** This was the address I used to...
  13. dewickt

I don't believe what I see ----

Had this sent to me, amazing, bet he could make a bunch more by breaking them into smaller lots. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5826510432&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1
  14. dewickt

Sad MC225 - how not to update/mod

This sad MC225 came in for repair, I almost sent it back untouched. I decided to take the challenge and at least get it working again. Here are pictures of a stock 225 and a modded 225, in my work neatness counts, and original looks mean everything.
  15. dewickt

Sx-1280 - Pa1001a

Does anyone have a cross reference for an IC - PA1001A, I think this 1280 has been lightning hit as it also had an IC out in the 10.7 IF, PA1003, found a cross for it but still no audio out of the tuner section.
  16. dewickt

Free Book of Price Listings 1970 to 72

Had a 3 ring binder given to me, it has price listings of most makes and models for 1970 to 1972, neat to look up Scott, Gerard, Sansui and most of the manufacturers that the store it came from in Atlanta sold. Here is the best part I don't collect paper - free for the cost of mailing to the...
  17. dewickt

SA-9100 Voltages

Have a really nice SA9100 on the bench, clips on the + side starting at 60 Watts, I suspect the voltages from the regulator board are wrong. Did a quick check and none of the minus outputs are the same as the plus outputs from the regulators...usually I would expect matching voltages + and - for...
  18. dewickt

GoldenTube SEP 1 - Help

Working on an SEP 1 (NOS), added jumpers to enable balance control, balance control doesn't do anything. Does anyone know a mod to make it work or have a schematic ??
  19. dewickt

Back home and in the shop

Missed everyone for the past week, was out of town on business trip to D.C. and area, actually I was across the river in Alexandria and had a grand view of the capital. Should have taken my lap-top since the hotel was fully wired, got back to 5400 pieces of mail with 160 of them actually valid...
  20. dewickt

SA-9800 Bias setup - How & How Much

Have a Pioneer SA-9800 on the bench, fixed the problems that it was brought in for but in checkout I noticed it pulls 1.3 amps on the AC line. I think that this is high, does anyone have the procedure to set bias
  21. dewickt

Yamaha CA-1010

Have SandyG's Yamaha CA-1010 on the bench, to save lots of time does anyone have a schematic ???
  22. dewickt

If you come to see me in Knoxville - READ

A warning for all visitors to Knoxville A VISITORS' GUIDE TO KNOXVILLE 1. You must learn to pronounce the city name correctly. It is NOX-VULL. 2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Knoxville has its own version of traffic rules....the Trans-Am with the loudest...
  23. dewickt

Martel FAX-200C

Got this one on a trade, never have seen one before. Replaced a bunch of 'Atlas Oil Filled' capacitors and the voltage doubler capacitors and it plays like a charm. Does anybody recognize it, and is it worth anything.
  24. dewickt

Help - Heathkit Speakers ??

I am the new owner of a pair of old Heathkit speakers, does anybody have a model number for these. They have a Jensen 12" 'Duaxial' speaker in each cabinet, I was told early 50's, are they worth anything ??
  25. dewickt

McIntosh - Hints and Kinks

Since I get to work on McIntosh equipment most every day I think a Helpfull Hints topic can benafit all of us in the McIntosh fourum. Feel free to post your hint or kink, each one of us may have a unique solution for a problem they have run into and others may need a solution for.
Back
Top Bottom