Search results

1. doctorolds

Frazier Grand Marshall Speakers

Interesting! :lurk:
  2. doctorolds

Klipsch CP-1

Welcome to forum! Personally I think you made a good choice by keeping them all these years, but time will tell once you test them further. I would test the DC resistance on all of the drivers in both cabinets and definitely before applying power to the intact one. The link below will provide...
  3. doctorolds

Happy Birthday avionic!

Wishing you a wonderful birthday sir! Hope that you had a great day and are having a wonderful evening. :cool:
  4. doctorolds

What's your latest audio purchase?

I could not resist grabbing a pair of Goodmans T88 3-ways from my friend and fellow AK member @kirkendoll, great deal on some unknown speakers and a non working lawnmower, lol. Started thread on the speaker sub forum looking for info, but no replies yet since I can't find any information either.
  5. doctorolds

Im in it now!

Welcome @Olddude446. You have come to the right place and I hope that you find what you desire! :rockon:
  6. doctorolds

KLH Model 17 Woofer Treatment

THE ONLY PROPER CHOICE.
  7. doctorolds

Goodmans Model T88 info desired please.

I was lucky enough to get these from my buddy @kirkendoll that got tired of looking at them and knew that I would do something with them, thanks again Luke! Both of us have searched for this model over the years and have not found any information, curious as to why? Funny thing is that these...
  8. doctorolds

Have a source/link for your switch box?
  9. doctorolds

Yamaha speaker ID

Very, very likely in about 10 minutes after posting! Anything reasonably priced is a contact now situation or you miss it???
  10. doctorolds

Yamaha speaker ID

Look like NS-690 to me. Go get them now, test and purchase if functional.
  11. doctorolds

Need some help identifying this cabinet and what speakers i could get to replace what is currently in there

Here's my 1 cents worth. Two different drivers that are decent in my opinion, the LT-12 has a problem. Preferably I would choose to diagnose and repair the EV if possible, if successful then I would source another for a matching pair. If not able to repair the EV source another University. If...
  12. doctorolds

Need some help identifying this cabinet and what speakers i could get to replace what is currently in there

Curious, is the tweeter in the LT-12 good/working for sure, and are you sure just the control is bad?
  13. doctorolds

Rectilinear 5 Speakers

If I had to guess the 5, and hard to believe they would have changed it for the 5A. Since so little information is available on either model all we can really do is wonder! Every pair I have seen for sale I requested photos/information on the woofers, folks are lazy so my requests were ignored...
  14. doctorolds

Rectilinear 5 Speakers

If my old ass remembers correctly, those are the original woofers. At the moment I cannot find where I wrote it down, sorry about that.
  15. doctorolds

I think that would be awesome! Be sure to take a pic and post it.
  16. doctorolds

To bad your equalizer doesn't have blue lights on all the sliders, lol. Enjoy. :music:
  17. doctorolds

A possible solution, don't bid, lol.
  18. doctorolds

Old Cross overs - Leave as-is or Replace?

Just saying that if they came with electrolytic capacitors as a lot did back then, just grab some new electrolytic caps as replacements. They are cheap, but better quality then they used to be. Minimal investment of time and money to see if they now sound better. You could always invest more...
  19. doctorolds

Replacement Horn Tweeter for Pioneer cs-63

Those Pioneer capacitors usually drift out of tolerance and I always recommend to just replace with new like type capacitors. Glad to hear that you are enjoying them!
  20. doctorolds

Old Cross overs - Leave as-is or Replace?

Also, if you're not sure about getting a substantial improvement or if you're keeping them just replace the capacitors with new capacitors of the same type, in my opinion. You can always go down the rabbit hole and choose something different as far as capacitors go if you think you can make them...
  21. doctorolds

KLH Models 23, 17, 6

Nothing wrong with grabbing a bunch of KLH speakers at all in my opinion. Once you get the caps replaced and other neccessary bits completed you can listen to them all and choose what's best in your opinion. I'm fairly sure it will be the 23's, but it's your choice. Curious about the Pioneer...
  22. doctorolds

Rectilinear 5 Speakers

Sounds good. I purchased a pair of 5's not "A" years ago now. Original woofers replaced incorrectly, but purchased a pair from model III's. I have still not finished restoration so I cannot comment on their sound, or my speed, lol. I believe I have obtained the correct model numbers for the...
  23. doctorolds

Rectilinear 5 Speakers

Congrats @lickyweaks, glad you were successful in purchasing another pair of 5's after all these years! I'm not sure if you plan on opening them up or not, but I'm curious about the model numbers on the woofers. They could have had the surrounds replaced incorrectly, but still be original? If...
  24. doctorolds

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you have acquired two great pieces of gear that now bring you closer to hopefully achieving a system that can make you happy for many years! :beerchug:
Back
Top Bottom