Search results

1. Harolda

Still waiting for an answer Patrice. It is time that you make real commitment that you honor...

Still waiting for an answer Patrice. It is time that you make real commitment that you honor. After all my final option is to look for legal advice
  2. Harolda

Sansui B-2301L / Sansui C-2301 restoration

I like that your rebuild, the build quality of that amp and that Enigma Album ;)
  3. Harolda

A very slow AU 111 restoration/upgrade

Well i have to buy one of those. The power switch stopped working again yesterday.
  4. Harolda

Yesterday the AU111 was allowed to swap places with its younger brother the AU X1. I am very happy with the amp so far. I have to listen more to it, also with Vinyl, to get a better impression.
  5. Harolda

So finally, the amp is ready. I had some final issues. The power switch stopped working, but that could be solved with a few cleaning cycles with contact spray Next to that there was an oscillation in the phono stage. That really got me chasing my tail. Looking again at every detail in the...
  6. Harolda

Another Yamaha B2 restoration

So, the restauration of my AU111 comes to an end, so I slowly started making an inventory what needs to be done to the B2. Here some are pictures The caps, if they are leaky, have not leaked on the chassis. Anyway, they will go. The chassis is very clean, the whole amp is very clean inside...
  7. Harolda

Today I am at 95%. The new PCB for the phono amp is in the amp now. Waiting for the new F+T PSU caps to arrive and then it should be finished (at least the electronics). To understand the functioning and rewiring of the selector switch was one of the most difficult jobs in the amp. I did my...
  8. Harolda

Favorite Sansui acquisition of 2022 - acquisition goal for 2023?

My goal was and still is to finish my AU111 before spring kicks in. A few minor jobs left. Today I took the front panel out of it's wrapping. It was stored for 3 years. I am looking out for an AU111G, but they are rare and prices are high. I was not aware of teh BA209, but that really looks nice.
  9. Harolda

Sansui AU-X1

Congrats with the special amp and I wish you all success and wisdom in the job ahead. I have been enjoying mine since 2014 in my main system. Other amps have come and gone but the AU-X1 remains. some advise :) take your time be prepared to spend a lot on parts (especially caps) no deoxit on the...
  10. Harolda

I decided to go for: 50+50uF 500V from F+T 33+33uf 500V from F+T 2 seperate axial 22uF 500V axial caps from F+T I also noted that the CE-manufacturing caps are intended to be used with a twist-lock adapter. Something like this: I do not know if this fits in the amp and i do not really like...
  11. Harolda

Yep already looking at another cap, also ended up at JJ. What did you use for the 40x40uf cap?
  12. Harolda

Just received the "new" to me AU-111

Congratulations with this great amp. You will certainly enjoy it when some work has been done to it. I am just finishing a restore on mine an had the opportunity to listen to the amp a few days. It is really outstanding. like _Mano stated the oil caps should be replaced as a minimum. Those are...
  13. Harolda

I also found this nice shematic on a french forum: http://audiyofan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=9840
  14. Harolda

_Mano did you also replace the power supply caps? And if so, did you also use CE-manufacturing for the 20uF and 40uF? I have some difficulties to get one of the caps attached to the chassis. I can use the original clamp but than I have interference with the panel that goes behind the pots and...
  15. Harolda

Finally after more than 3 years, the AU 111 is playing music again. It took a while, but from what I can hear it was worth it. I am playing via the headphone out from a pc and it already sounds great. The amp is dead quiet, no hum, hiss or anything in the background.
  16. Harolda

Working on the pre-amp section now. yesterday I had some issues of low amplitude in one channel. This morning this was solved when i attached a test lead of the scope. It seems that the tubes not always seat properly. After pressing down the tube pins from the rear a bit, everything was fine...
  17. Harolda

Yes I also thought about that and that was the reason that I bought a set of those. Then you could exactly match the original pot. However the shafts are too short, from what I could remember.
  18. Harolda

I have also been thinking about this, but until now I found no other solution than this with broken pots. I found this online as a possible solution. If I perform my calculations I get the same voltage divider on the centre tap. However the resistances to achieve this are different. On my...
  19. Harolda

I noticed a mistake in the diagram of the previous post. It should be like this: The wiper of the pot goes to 5.6k and then via 250pf and 500pf to the selector switch (treble circuit)
  20. Harolda

This is what i did on the treble pot. I used this setup to create center tap pot from a pot that has no center tap! To make this work you need to do the following: 1) The original treble pot is 250k with center tap and this 250k is always in the signal line even when the treble adjust is...
  21. Harolda

Sansui AU-111 rebuild

I am now in the process of correcting the imbalance. I measured all treble and bass pots and corrected the center tap resistance and the total resistance of the pots with some resistors. I am waiting for the resistors to arrive. I will post the solution later this week I was able to source a...
  22. Harolda

Yes, not so long ago I was about to give up (or at least thinking about what to do with a defect OT) :) Thanks for all the help and patience _Mano
  23. Harolda

I have it off the dim bulb now at 100% line voltage (230V). What a difference now. I put a signal of 0.1V 1khz into the power amp and i get a nice undistored sine wave at my dummy loads with 14.2Vrms and 0.03% THD on both channels Next is to put some square wave into the output amp to see if...
  24. Harolda

Yes correct, the only thing i needed to do is to swap the wires from the PI to the pin 6 (terminal post) for both 6L6. The side that drives V9 and V10 is mirrored vs what is in the schematic: C71 is connected to pin 2 iso pin 7 R83 is connected to pin 6 iso pin 1 R85 is connected to pin 1 iso...
  25. Harolda

Yessss yesss yesss I found it, in my last check. You never believe what it was There was a wire issue with the wire from the PI to the two 6L6's. By looking at the schematic everything looked ok, but in the amp the PI tubes are connected as mirrored. you see that by looking both 12BH7A's and...
Back
Top Bottom