Search results

1. Dlaska

Conrad Johnson help (Sonographe SC25 Pre) SS

I have a CJ Sonographe SC25 Pre That need help. It has major distortion when first turned on but as it warms up it clears up except for a little in the right channel. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what mite be the problem. This is a SS unit so the warm up thing has me a bit...
  2. Dlaska

Snell THX Music and Cinema on local CL....

Hi all sooo.... I have similar situation but it is $100 for an earlier molde but some of the pices at missing namely the seond crossover and a lower tower. My question is can you clone the crossover? I have a pair of Eii's an if I can get another crossover made I'll have the star to a killer THX...
  3. Dlaska

Snell thx music and cinema reference

Looking for any information on this Snell Thx system circa 1996
  4. Dlaska

Resistors Wire wound vs Metal film

Guys great infor thanks a lot dan
  5. Dlaska

2chanman I'm replacing resistors on the L&R channel both PC-28 boards on a Dynaco 410 see link below. All values match just not wore wound. http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/components/ST400/chnl_fix.html#410fuses BinaryMike love the fine print Anymore insight is appreciated Dan
  6. Dlaska

I ordered some resisters for a repair on a SS Dynaco amp and when they arrived they were "Blue" Metal Filml not the Wire wound "Brown" I requested. I would like to know how much noticeable difference (SQ) are the between the two constructions? Wonder if it worth the hassle of sending them back...
  7. Dlaska

AMC CVT 1030 Pre (tube)

I can pick one of theses up for under $200 anyone have experience with them love to have some input from ya all, I't's going up against my Sonograph SC25 (CJ SS) amp is a Rotel RB991, Speaks Snell EII's Dan
  8. Dlaska

DAC between my Imac (primary source) and my Preamp?

can you control the volume from the computer going threw the usb like you do going threw the headphone jack?
  9. Dlaska

Need a goto for Conrad Johnson

I have a Sonographe sc25 Pre (SS Conrad Johnson) that has a hiss about 10db in the right channel. I could use some trouble shooting advise or a goto for a CJ repair shop in the Portland OR area. Dan
  10. Dlaska

Need a go to for Cap- Nichicon 1000uf 100v *VX(M)

Thanks guys
  11. Dlaska

Need a go to for Cap- Nichicon 1000uf 100v *VX(M)

2 caps blown in a Rotel RB 991 I just picked up. need place to get new ones either in Portland OR or on web Thanks in advance Dan
  12. Dlaska

I don't believe My imac (White version) has a digital or optical out for audio just a 1/8" headphone jack. so does a DAC really make any sense?
  13. Dlaska

I'm back in this world after a 20 year hiatus and was wondering if I should put a DAC between my Imac (primary source) and my Preamp? Would it help? Also any suggestion on interconnects from the Imac to the DAC or Pre.
  14. Dlaska

PC as source component

I'm back in this world after a 20 year hiatus and was wondering if I should put a DAC between my Imac (primary source) and my Preamp? Would it help? Also any suggestion on interconnects from the Imac to the DAC or Pre.
  15. Dlaska

Dynaco ST400 410 416 vs Carver TMF15,25,35, Cube

Add Adcom and early Belles to the list Go Packers!
  16. Dlaska

Help!!! I need your ears and the gray matter between them!

yeah love the Snell's
  17. Dlaska

Dynaco ST400 410 416 vs Carver TMF15,25,35, Cube

1. Sound quality 2. Reliability 3. Value 4. Appearance
  18. Dlaska

thanks for the leads Crown? I just sold a IC 150 pre replace it with the Dynaco Pat-4 better but still not there yet never consider their amps what are the like for sound quality? Dan
  19. Dlaska

By passing your pre Imac - amp - speakers

Thanks I tried for a while and didn't like the sound so went back threw the pre dan
  20. Dlaska

By passing your pre Imac - amp - speakers

Is anyone doing this? Seams more direct. would you put a DAC in the line?
  21. Dlaska

Hi all! First Post to AK and I need some help My new job allows me to work from home so I built an office and unearthed my old system after 20yrs. I want to do some up grades to the pieces. I am currently have a Dynaco ST 120, Dynaco Pat 4 (just sold a Crown IC150) Nad tuner and a Dennon tap...
Back
Top Bottom