Search results

1. DaaDaa

Home Bluetooth speaker

Hi guys. I want to buy a Bluetooth speaker for home. I have never paid attention to these products before so I don't know much about the options available. Based on my limited research I have identified these options: Fluance fi70 Audioengine hd3 Audioengine b2 And Klipsch one I would like...
  2. DaaDaa

Tone Deaf test: prove that you are not tone deaf

i got 83% answering 30 out of 36 correctly. I was lousy taking piano lessons as a child so I always knew that i wasn't good at it. beats being completely tone deaf though. Result: Not tone deaf! Stage A: 12/12 Stage B: 9/12 Stage C: 9/12 Final score: 30/36 = 83% here do the test and tell me...
  3. DaaDaa

Do you like your stereo to sound good?

I was wondering if there is anyone else here that likes his or her stereo system to sound good? I respect the opinion of the people who prefer a worse sound but I personally, after years of experience, find that I gravitate towards a more good sound in contrast to not so good sound. thank you.
  4. DaaDaa

Putin the audiophile

5. DaaDaa

DaaDaa's Stereo

AudioQuest Niagara 1200 => Custom Win 10 PC => USB => Singxer F-1 => Coax cable => OKTO DAC8stereo => XLR interconnect => Kinki M1 integrated amp => Speaker cable => Tannoy Definition DC10A The USB cable is a $15 one from monoprice. The Source The DAC The interconnect The AMP Speaker cable...
  6. DaaDaa

just had a home intruder

1 am wife is back from a 12 hour shif at hospital. we come home she is getting ready to sleep, i'm working on some paper, i hear a noise and i have no idea what it is and it is this guy trying to get in by removing the window. i got out and ask him what he is doing and he says: "I live here" . i...
  7. DaaDaa

Excellent article on What is accurate sound and in-room sound reproduction

excellent article regarding in room response of loudspeakers and its relation to idealized performance parameters published by manufacturers. highly recommended https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/what-is-accurate-sound-r923/
  8. DaaDaa

the shitshow that is the shipping cost

54 pounds 24 by 24 by 12. 2 months ago cost $58 shipped to Zrizona yesterday same amp same box same zide same weight $158 via fedex ground and $175 for ups ground. and ofcourse the guy there had no explanation except that ""it is what the computer says"
  9. DaaDaa

In the grand tradition of low power transistor amps: Sparkler Audio

There is a rooted, well respected, and well documented tradition of low powered transistor amplifiers. but there is actually two very different approaches to low powered transistor (this excludes class A like first watt and many many others. it only includes class AB, B and chip amps resulting...
  10. DaaDaa

good video on the importance of shielding

This video goes over all the physical and performance differences between budget $8 XLR cables and fancier $50 Xlr cables but the part that is interesting is how susceptible to EMI noise they are and that why i am posting it to really hammer down this imoprtant point: 1 -shielded cables are...
  11. DaaDaa

Yamaha A-S3200 .... Same amp new price

there entire series are updated with new prices. https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s3200/index.html
  12. DaaDaa

what is overhang and where is it hung?

i continue to not be happy with any of the AT carts that i have tried and im wondering if i am mountign them wrong. both of my AT carts come with the full box so im assuming the overhanf gauge is the piece og plastic that the carts are mounted on in the retail box, but how am I supposed to use them?
  13. DaaDaa

most beautiful electronics of all time

I'm sure there were similar threads, i just couldn't find them. Denon GR-535 is one of those forgotten gems in terms of aesthetics. unfortunately it is a receiver, were it not, i would have owned one just to look at.
  14. DaaDaa

Michi: Rotel's new top of the line series of electronics

Rotel has a new sub brand that is their top of the line competing with the likes of Bryston and Pass. I am interested in their pre specifically so I am looking into when Rotel of America will start selling. I would love to get my hands on it. The pre has built in DAC and seems to be a statement...
  15. DaaDaa

what happened to PSaudio speakers? did they give up before starting to sell them?

I remember last year PSaudio made a big deal about their new line of speakers ... but i never saw them on sale on their website and they just went away? what happened there? i didi a search and found this video for example:
  16. DaaDaa

Jbl Everest sometime needs to jump on this

Holyshit I have never seen a pair of Everest this cheap https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649509510-jbl-everest-dd66000/
  17. DaaDaa

do you plug your holes?!

is there any objective benefit to using shorting plugs on RCA inputs on pre amp or integrated amps? do you do it? if so which type of plugs do you use? there are also these ones that i dont think rrally do the shorting? im not sure, but doesnt seem right, smells funky. and then ofcourse...
  18. DaaDaa

If Dual Concentric speakers are so good why doesn't everyone use them?

I'm studying various options for new speakers and I am looking into dual concentric options from the likes of kef and Tannoy and my question is if Dual Concentric designs are so good then why are they not more prominent? What is s special about the Tannoy DCs that commands such premium? and...
  19. DaaDaa

WTF is up with SHURE cartridges in the market?

I'm relatively new to LP playback and so far i have mostly stuck with Denon and AT carts and i was looking around to try something different and was checking out the recommended carts on Analog planet and it mentioned Shure M97xE as recommended for around $80 bucks. so i go on ebay and you can...
  20. DaaDaa

Micro Seiki owner's club

I think there was a thread but i think that the thread starter deleted it, or i simply couldn't find it. anyway since im really enjoying my micro there needs to be an official thread for it.
  21. DaaDaa

load impedance for MC cartridges

the load impedance settings on my phono stage allows for 15, 30, 60, 100, 500, 1000 ohm and for Denon DL 301 II cartridge to my ear the best most full bodied and less sibilant sound results from setting it to 500 ohm and 1k also sounds fine. so far so good, but I have this suspicion that...
  22. DaaDaa

Headshell for Micro Seiki straight arm

would this headshell fit micro seiki CF-2...
  23. DaaDaa

GSG design sale

they are having an incredible sale on flat packs for the finest subwoofers you can ever imgine. \ they are of course humongous and need to be built by you and chances are you will have to demolish them with a wrecking ball to get rid of them because they are indestructible. very very...
  24. DaaDaa

Alex Cavali's new monoprice licencsed DAC

alex Cavali needs no introduction, specially the headphone crowd have lusted over his liquid line of headphone amplifiers for the last one or two decades and he has a long legacy before that as well. monoprice released two headphones amps designed by Mr. Cavali. the budet one was the liquid...
  25. DaaDaa

Angel's horns proudly made in Missouri, hot good superior fever God bless

im sure next is going to be a special edition with pictures of an eagle, a bible and a gun and an endorsement from sean hannity.
Back
Top Bottom