Search results

1. R

Jensen KT-32 Triplex (Imperial) Mono Speaker - Huge Cabinet - What to Do

Hi, do you still have this speaker system. I have two as my primary speaker system. They are the best and worth good $. Rich
  2. R

New Dynaco ST-70(!) Question

I've restored many of these amps and find the Power Trans. to be the biggest variable. The operating temps vary greatly on these. It seems that the newer ones (post 1966) run hotter, but that's conjecture with little data to back it up. After 10 plus years running and restoring these amps I have...
  3. R

Which are for you best vintage power amplifiers?

High end is in the ear of the listener. I have two fully restored 1954 Seeburg HF1-L6 auxiliary amps (20 watts, all tube, 2-12BH7As, KT-66 power tubes, 5V4 rectifier, similar circuit design (so I'm told) to the McIntosh MC-30s. These drive a set of 16 Ohm Jensen Triplex speakers (same components...
  4. R

Sansui 500 restore

Hello Bret! I have watched your videos on the model 500 repair with great interest. Great job on the YouTube videos! I have two of these 500s in need of restore. Both light up, neither has sound. I'm just wondering if you kept a complete list if Caps purchased. If so, that would save a ton of...
  5. R

Today's curbside scroe: Dynakit Mark II mono amp

Missed all the inputs on follow up posts. Looks like you already have plenty of help. Best of Luck!
  6. R

Today's curbside scroe: Dynakit Mark II mono amp

This is a very good amp for a first time resto. I have restored and sold many Dynaco amps. Parts are available from multiple sources and not crazy expensive. Triode Electronics, Dynakit, Inc, DIYTube to name a few. Heed all of the warnings about electrical shock risks, but once you learn how to...
  7. R

Dynaco ST70 rebuild

Oops, I said "triad" but what I meant was "Triode" Electronics. No disrespect meant to this beautiful traditional restoration. I just found that trying to mess with that quad can cap, and separate diode and bias supply "strip" was tedious. One board solved all three issues. Easy to install and...
  8. R

Dynaco ST70 rebuild

One more thought. I also have never had a problem with stock dynaco tube sockets that I wasn't able to fix by adjusting. I've had one 15.6 resistor fail and one power transformer melt down (what a stink!) Rich
  9. R

Dynaco ST70 rebuild

For what it's worth I have tried most of the mod boards and keep going back to original. I restore these all the time and have sold many on EBay recently. Prices are crazy on these right now. I sold one restored for $920!!! Anyway, I don't have the patience to measure all of the components to...
  10. R

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Listening to vintage music on vintage audio Nat king cole singing O Come All Ye Faithful. 'Tis the season! I have a 160gig iPod plugged directly into two 1954 Seeburg H FA1-L6 mono bloc tube amps pushing a pair 1956 Jensen TriPlex speakers. I know the iPod May be heresy but to my ears it...
  11. R

IPods and You

I've read lots of pros and cons about IPods. I'm an old schooler. I've been through all forms of the media from 78s to MP3. I love my IPods!!! I now have two 160GB Classics with various sorting of 15500 songs from Classical to Hard Rock. The collection is still growing. I plug them DIRECTLY into...
  12. R

Greetings from Dunstable, Mass.

Clarification Wow, never heard of Seeburg? Seeburg was the NUMBER 1 provider of Commercial Jukeboxes in the US from ~ 1950 thru the 70s. The consistently beat the second best (Wurlitzer). Google Seeburg and see what you find. The 1953 model G played 100 songs (50/45RPM Records) and was...
  13. R

Greetings from Dunstable, Mass.

Hi All, I have been an Audio nut all of my adult life. My love affair with vintage audio equipment started around 1974 when I bought a non functioning 1953 Seeburg G Jukebox. I became hooked. My current inventory includes: 1953 Seeburg G JukeBox fully restored (yup, same one) 1962 Dynaco...
Back
Top Bottom