Search results

1. dnparadice

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Nice set up. Organization is key! Before itunes there was an art to keeping music organized.
  2. dnparadice

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

I had some scraps of trim wood lying around, I cut and framed them for each speaker. I used some grille cloth that I had left over form another project, It was from parts express. A few minutes with the hot glue gun and they were ready to go.
  3. dnparadice

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

You know I made it this winter and put it in place in the living room thinking I would stain and finish it in the summer but the longer it sits here the more I like the natural wood. I think I may just leave it the way it is. I almost want to stencil the crate number form Raiders of the Lost Ark...
  4. dnparadice

This is a pic from another angle. You can see that the finish came out shiny but I think I should have sanded the paint with a higher grit sand paper than 1000 before applying the polyurethane. You can still see texture in the paint and it makes the finish look kind of hazy. Next time it will be...
  5. dnparadice

The "Good Enough" Gear Threshold, Where Is Yours?

Full L acoustics K1 line array with about 40 sb28s turned up so loud you could hear it on the moon, even though that's physically not possible. The real question is what should be the opening track? I vote Rage - killing in the name - there is something about that song that just begs to be...
  6. dnparadice

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

liquin - time and space - on vinyl - technics 1200 to a UREI 1620 to dbx 231 to Event project studio 6s and it sounds fn sweet, if you like techno.
  7. dnparadice

I joined the club I made myself a pair and I could not be happier. They are my computer speakers but since I spend most of my waking hours sitting in front of the damn thing, I figured I should have a nice pair of speakers. I decided to give them the piano black treatment, they don't look bad...
  8. dnparadice

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

Living room This is my living room. I built the entertainment center and the chest. I don't care for visible cables so I wanted to hide all of that within the entertainment center. I also reworked the speakers. They used to be technics but the only thing left from the original speakers is the...
  9. dnparadice

Vinyl only spin list

mmmmmmmmetallica luck runs out!
  10. dnparadice

Vinyl to digital conversion in Denver

:( yea :(
  11. dnparadice

Vinyl to digital conversion in Denver

Hello, I am hoping to find someone in the greater Denver area that may be interested in doing some digital conversions of vinyl. I have some vinyl that I would like to convert and perhaps you do too. I have a nice recording set up: MOTU 192k PC interface, UREI 1620 phono preamps (the original...
  12. dnparadice

Need a good usb DAC to power V6s off macbook pro

It's too bad they did not make the sample rate up go to 192kHz as they do on their other products. I still got one, I carry it in my audio toolbox for work and it's so sweet. The audio calibration tools are worth the price alone. I have to admit I'm more midfi than hifi, I cant afford hifi.
  13. dnparadice

Opinions on Technics?

Thanks, I meant my post was off topic since it was not about Technics. I have the same speakers and use a crown micro tech 202 to power them. They sounded good but I blew the highs due to some clipping and need to get new diaphragms for them. What do you think about the 4412s are they worth...
  14. dnparadice

Need a good usb DAC to power V6s off macbook pro

Hello for the money the MOTU micro book is very nice. It's made to work with a mac, sounds great, and has an awesome set of testing tools for setting up a sound system: http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/microbook/analysis-diagnostics.html It is intended as a I/O for laptop recording and...
  15. dnparadice

Concert Prices.. .

I used ticketmaster to get tickets for Metallica a few years back. They signed me up for some obscure coupon service that deducted twenty dollars a month from my bank account. They never sent me any coupons or any information about the service. I noticed the reoccurring charge after three months...
  16. dnparadice

Pics of your listening space

Zimbo, that looks like a great place to catch some tunes, the room has a great vibe and I'm sure it has a great sound to go with it.
  17. dnparadice

Comment by 'dnparadice' in media 'Grills removed'

Wow, now that's a sony speaker.
  18. dnparadice

Comment by 'dnparadice' in media 'billfort's system with Altec corner cabinets'

It would be nice to see the whole listening space.
  19. dnparadice

Comment by 'dnparadice' in media 'Cone in fore'

I just listened to those B&Ws at a bust buy the other day.
  20. dnparadice

Comment by 'dnparadice' in media 'Urei 813A'

I like that speaker alot.
  21. dnparadice

Comment by 'dnparadice' in media 'Old Horns in our Hard Rock Cafe room'

This looks like a comfortable listening space.
  22. dnparadice

Comment by 'dnparadice' in media 'Front from left side'

Wow nice looking set up. I cant belive you let those few cables show at the bottom. I would tuck those up and away.
  23. dnparadice

What songs give you goosebumps?

Recently - airborne toxic event - sometime around midnight
  24. dnparadice

Hooking up Computer to Reciever

I have a bit of experience with this. You can put the itunes library on the external hard drive by pointing the location of saved music in itunes to the external hard drive then using the "consolidate library" function in the advanced menu This will move the entire library off the local computer...
  25. dnparadice

Opinions on Technics?

Hello Off topic but I noticed in your pictures that you have a pair of JBL 4412s. What amp do you use to drive them?
Back
Top Bottom