Search results

1. Gridslayer

Anybody have a Polyurea floor installed, and what did it cost?

Curious about getting a polyurea floor put in in my garage. Have any of you had this done and what are your thoughts, cost per sq. foot, etc? I'm reading that poyurea is a much better choice than epoxy these days.... Thanks in advance
  2. Gridslayer

Looking for Thoughts Cizek Model 1's

WOW WOW WOW WOW A few years back, I acquired a nice pair of Cizek Model 1 speakers that needed reconed. I sent them of to AKer GordonW in Georgia and he masterfully rebuilt the woofers. I installed them, and (I may have recapped them, I don't remember). I gave them to my son to play in...
  3. Gridslayer

Anyone still running a Juicy music blueberry?

Wow, thanks for this information! It will serve all of us Blueberry owners well!
  4. Gridslayer

Demo Song: One Shot to Demo Your System!

Zero 7: "When it Falls"
  5. Gridslayer

Recapped SX-1280 value??

On eBay it could go for upwards of $4000 plus if you present it well, very clear pictures of each board recapped, and take nice pictures. The quality of components matters... A lot of times, it's how you present it. If you're willing to ship overseas that helps, I've used the Global shipping...
  6. Gridslayer

Unknown speakers

Or it could be tannoy reds... only one way to find out...
  7. Gridslayer

Kahler is great to deal with

Got a nice record from Kahler. Shipped quickly, very well packed, and as described. thanks again!
  8. Gridslayer

Value for VPI Classic 4?

Does a cartridge come with it? Don't forget about that aspect...
  9. Gridslayer

Nothing's selling, no one's buying, value's dropped !

Another thing I've noticed is that Craigslist has a LOT less users than it used to. Facebook Marketplace seems to be the most popular way to sell locally, as well as Instagram and maybe some of the other apps. Set up a Facebook Marketplace profile and see if things improve...
  10. Gridslayer

Recommended Modern Speakers

Tannoy XT8F... not much better for $1500 if you can find them...
  11. Gridslayer

ironic inflation trends and consequences

staying home and listening to records is cheaper than vacations so people are more apt to drop $500 on a piece of equipment than $3000-$5000 on a beach trip. I don't see a slow down in sales
  12. Gridslayer

Weird drivers in a Dynaco A25

The backs look like any other Dynaco A25
  13. Gridslayer

So can they still be characterized as Dynaco A25 VW
  14. Gridslayer

Hmmm so maybe that’s what these are!? What’s the difference?
  15. Gridslayer

A friend has a pair of what he thought were Dynaco A25, but the drivers are different than what is usually seen. Can anyone verify if these are original Dynaco drivers or something else? Thanks
  16. Gridslayer

Help getting a JA Mitchelll Gyro Dec up and runnning

Ah thank you. I will continue to investigate. I greatly appreciate it
  17. Gridslayer

Here it is. Says Pabst . So… any 24v ac transformer should work?
  18. Gridslayer

I will a picture of the underside tomorrow
  19. Gridslayer

Here is a picture of the motor
  20. Gridslayer

Good idea. I will wait until the folks at Analogue Seduction get back to work and see if they might ship to the USA... their website says they don't. Anybody know of a stateside operation that makes armplates? If not, we may be able to have the one we have modified...
  21. Gridslayer

Ok I will get over there on Thursday and snap a few pictures of the motor. Thank you!
  22. Gridslayer

JA Michel is not accepting orders at this time. Can anyone recommend an alternative power supply that would work for the Gyro Dec?
  23. Gridslayer

Thanks for that link dcmfan, I’ll look into that
  24. Gridslayer

Ah that’s a start…. Didn’t know what that was
  25. Gridslayer

Hi all, A friend acquired a JA Mitchell Gyro Dec that came from an estate without a tonearm or power supply. He has a spare SME V that could be used. Pictures I’ve seen of a V on a Gyro Dec have what look like an adapter at the bottom. There are only three holes on the silver disc tonearm...
Back
Top Bottom