Search results

1. peggyinlax

Klownschool rules

The latest purchase from Mr. K has arrived and sounds fantastic. Lps look and play like new. Thank you.
  2. peggyinlax

EastPoint is a thoughful seller

I just purchased a Technics turntable from EastPoint. His packing was superb, the delivery was super quick and he was gracious enough to answer a few questions via telephone after the arrival of said TT. Thank you.
  3. peggyinlax

A Musical Continuity game

Track 1288: Voices In My Head - Bob Mould
  4. peggyinlax

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

400+ pages of everything from a smile to tears of laughter. Thank you, onwardjames for getting the party started!
  5. peggyinlax

R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

It is very sad to read of George's passing. He was a kind and thoughtful man who knew how well he was respected in this community. My thoughts and well wishes go to his family and a donation will be made in his memory to the Githens Center.
  6. peggyinlax

jhildred Lp purchase

Good doing business with jhildred again. Good music at a good price. Thank you.
  7. peggyinlax

Peggyinlax +1 Karma!

It was a pleasure doing business with RJ. AK is the best.
  8. peggyinlax

Love the new flags ...

I deleted a FS listing yesterday for an item that sold (BT equipment) because I didn't see the report button. Oops. Who should I contact in order to have it restored in the proper thread? Thanks.
  9. peggyinlax

What CD Player Do You Use?

Onkyo DX-C390 - fairly low end but sounds good to my ears. :) Pros: very quiet operation, 6 disc capacity, controls above the tray, dimmable lighting (the white sliver in the middle of the player) allows for low light disc exchange. Cons: the control buttons are small and hard to see/read...
  10. peggyinlax

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

As others have said, so many of the pictured setups are astounding! I found these older IKEA office filing cabinets a few years ago for $20 each. After removing the hardware and adapting one of the doors for a shelf, these fit the bill for my modest stereo system. As an aside, my system is...
  11. peggyinlax

Anyone here not own a TV?

To the original question, I haven't owned a television for 11+ years. With so much TV programming available online, I don't see the point of owning one. Heck, even the Superbowl is now live-streamed. And yes, for the first couple of years of being TV-less, I was 'one of those people' who...
  12. peggyinlax

Toasted Almond

Toasted Almond is one of the AK greats. As always, it's a pleasure doing business with you, kind sir. All of our musical lives will be poorer when the final albums are sold and The Sounds Grand Vinyl Emporium closes its doors. Cheers!
  13. peggyinlax

schmikka does good

I had a pleasant and easy transaction with Ed, purchasing his EPI 100 speakers. Once the busyness of the holidays had passed, shipping was fast and affordable. It was a pleasure doing business with him.
  14. peggyinlax

receiver and speaker repair needed - LaCrosse, WI area

Hi, I've been a member of AK for a number of years but do not post much. I'm not sure if this post is in the appropriate place - please let me know if it is not or move it if necessary. I'm looking for someone in the La Crosse, WI area that is able and willing to do some repair work on a...
  15. peggyinlax

WWI 100 years on

My apollogies if this has been offered already or if this is not the apropriate place to post this. For those of you interested in WWI history the Guardian newspaper (London) has produced an excellent interactive documentary. Film footage, photographs, maps, statistical analysis, and...
  16. peggyinlax

Rare sound tube speakers...ya gotta see this!

Danger, Will Robinson!
  17. peggyinlax

New Headphones

The transaction from kahnyad to AK was fast and seemless; a great buyer and a great cause.
Back
Top Bottom