Search results

1. tonyk

My Auto Repair Shop Messed Up, (Big Time)

If he installed the belt wrong the car most likely never ran, and the damage occurred while trying to start it.
  2. tonyk

B&K Reference 2220?

I have a chance to pick one up for $350, maybe a bit less. Is this a good price? It’s in nice cosmetic shape as well. Thanks
  3. tonyk

Yamaha NS-670 - lack of bass

The volume on the sub should rise in concert with the volume of the amplifier. In most active subs I think what your referring to as volume control is the level control, referring to the level at which it plays in relation to the volume. I would also make sure you don’t have one of the woofers...
  4. tonyk

JBL L65 Goodwill find , woofer foam.

Wow! Nice grab
  5. tonyk

What's your latest audio purchase?

Picked up this Mitsubishi DA-F10 tuner today.
  6. tonyk

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

My Jack Russel, Copper. Today was grooming day so he’s pooped.
  7. tonyk

Playing 4ohm AND 8ohm speakers

Don’t do it.
  8. tonyk

Mystery speakers from the 1970s

I get a diy vibe as well, though they might sound good also, as someone put some thought into them
  9. tonyk

Realistic Optimus X-30 speakers with built-in VU meters - cool!

Interesting, I thought I’d seen them all as well
  10. tonyk

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I picked these ADS 400’s up from the local antique mall the other day. I’m gonna sand the cabinets down and go for a little bit lighter finish. Mismatched tweeters but surprisingly the foam is good.
  11. tonyk

Maximus Model 300 - good looking receiver

That is a really cool looking receiver
  12. tonyk

EV Interface C series II

That foam for the outer ring is correct for diffraction, but the inner ring physically attenuates the distortion from the extra large dome tweeter Armacell foam for like copper pipes works perfectly, the tweeter will go from very brash sounding to very refined. I’d buy another pair in a...
  13. tonyk

EV Interface C series II

They are a very good speaker, I owned pair for about a year. I only sold them because my living room is rather small. The bigger issue is the foam around tweeters, they don’t sell it. It’s a must in order to tame that inch and half dome. I did a write up here on AK on how to make your own...
  14. tonyk

Capacitor value

Are you sure it’s not a resistor?
  15. tonyk

Cap question

Thank you
  16. tonyk

Cap question

Is this cap 50uf?
  17. tonyk

CD Player Thoughts?

I’ve had goods luck with my Sony super audio cd players as well, I have one in the living room and one in the garage that just work.
  18. tonyk

Studio Monitors

I’ve been using the bigger LSR308’s for a few years now, when paired with a sub they’re downright impressive.
  19. tonyk

AK Member Binkman has Passed.

R.I.P His posts will be missed
  20. tonyk

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I picked up a pair of very clean EPI 100v’s from restore habitat for $10, they need new foam but I’ve done several EPI speakers over the years, they’re an easy refoam.
  21. tonyk

What did i just buy estate sale

That very well could be as well
  22. tonyk

What did i just buy estate sale

The big ones look triamp capable, interesting
  23. tonyk

Recapping Martin Logan SL3, is this concerning?

They look like resisters to me, most likely just a slightly different style with the same value. The residue I can’t speak to.
  24. tonyk

Stayed in a hotel with an in-room turntable!

Billionaire Diane Hendricks, the owner of ABC supply company, which is headquartered in Beloit, has spent millions refurbishing the downtown area. Lots of nice places to eat including the Merrill and Houston’s steak house located in the Iron Works Hotel which is very good. As a matter of fact i...
  25. tonyk

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Picked up a pair of Clements 105di speakers today for $20
Back
Top Bottom