Search results

1. GeraldB

My Spare slight pop once in a while.

I ran these two amps about 4 hours last night. They both sound beautiful but my spare the top amp has a slight hum when you first turn it on. This goes away but after some play time there is a occasional slight pop in the right channel. It only does it one time occasionally maybe 10 minutes...
  2. GeraldB

BOSE 1801 Revisited

I finally got started on my 1801 rebuild.Just sent off for a parts order from Digikey. My amp is an early model 1801 with Rev 4 boards.Looks like only some minor repair work has ever been done. I just pulled the original Bose 102433 T03 transistors out.Very cool BOSE logo stamped into the case...
  3. GeraldB

Bose 901 series 2 equalizer recap

I replaced only the electrolytic caps in my equalizer today. Still looking for a parts list for the series 2 equalizer. I know I need to order some coupling and bypass caps for a full rebuild.Should I also replace the resistors or is this not necessary?
  4. GeraldB

Klipsch Hershey one year made

Having problems identifying year of mfg. The rear stickers are both missing. Stamped into the wood on the top rear one says 125W855, the other 125W856? Any ideas?
  5. GeraldB

Klipsch Hershey Ones & Subs

Klipsch Hershey Ones driven with a clean 250 wpc. Are subs still needed? If so what would you buy or build as additions.
  6. GeraldB

Bose 1801 Output Transistors ?

So what replacement transistors have you used in the 1801? I'm looking for cost effective yet quality replacements for the Bose outputs stamped 102433's. Thinking about my winter projects.
  7. GeraldB

Pink Floyd U.S. Tour 1973

The Wife brought home a Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon Tee Shirt remembering the 1973 USA tour. Dam that shirt brings back some teenage memories of my first HiFi System and spinning Pink Floyd Vinyl.:music:
  8. GeraldB

Oldest bose 1801

Just curious as to who has the oldest 1801. My serial number is 000272. These early production models had some circuit issues that caused some meltdowns. I remember my buddy came back from the Navy in 72 with a New 1801,901's, and a New Chevy Nova Super Sport. He wrapped his Nova around a tree...
  9. GeraldB

Getting Old is Hell

Enjoy this video. :thmbsp: http://dalesdesigns.net/rock-on.htm
  10. GeraldB

Size does matter

SOME AMPS LIKE IT BIG!!! SO WHERE CAN I FIND REPLACEMENTS FOR THIS 40 YEAR OLD FILTER. I NEED TWO. WOULD LIKE TO INCREASE MFD'S TO ABOUT 47000 IN THIS SIZE CANISTER?
  11. GeraldB

BOSE 1801 Rebuild Begins

I tore into my 1801 to start a rebuild. The amp works fine.Notice the BOSE writing on the output transistors. How cool is that? Also one board has the BOSE logo and transistor part number reversed on two of the transistors. Is this just a misprint? The amp works fine I'm just giving it an...
  12. GeraldB

Turntable Foundation

I remember in the late 70's working part time at a local Radio Station tech dept. The turntable pedestals were filled with sand to add stability eliminating vibration,skipping,etc from all the busy activity in the studio while spinning vinyl. Anybody got any thoughts,pictures,ideas for a home...
  13. GeraldB

Bose powerplant 1800

Check out the new member of the family another Bose 1800. Both my 1800 series 1's have the reduced weight 2KVA transformers 20 lbs compared to the 1801 41 lb transformer. These amps still produce equal specs to the 1801 at a underated 250 wpc at 8 ohms and 400 wpc at 4 ohms. All three amps work...
  14. GeraldB

Bose 4401 upgrade

My BOSE 4401 preamp upgrade has begun. Before I recap the unit I wanted to change out the RCA 4136's Op Amps with new LM4562's using the Brown Dog Adapters. The results are incredible! A major unexpected WOW factor. I feel like I should be paying somebody $1000 bucks about now for this kind of...
  15. GeraldB

Gerald's Mancave at the Camp

Gerald's BOSE Mancave Were fixing up our weekend camp. This Bose Super System is still a work in progress.
  16. GeraldB

Bose 1800 SCORE

I just closed the deal on a third vintage Bose Amp. This one is a late 70's model 1800. The seller says it has performed flawlessly over the past 15 years. I know one thing with a little maintenance these things are bullet proof.Now my 1801 can be taken out of service for some upgrades. I'll be...
  17. GeraldB

Bose super system

OK I'm done buying gear for a while. The bose super system is up and running. The Mancave is about 14 x 16ft. My Bose 901 series V's are stacked about 22 inches off the floor and 10 inches from the back wall and 24 inches from the corners along the 14 ft wall. The 4 901 series V's are driven by...
  18. GeraldB

Panick though I blew an amp!

I was at the Mancave last night giving my Bose 1800 a workout while waiting for the wife to come home. All of a sudden I starting hearing an occasional short burst of static from the left channel.This was about 1 minute between noise burst and then it changed pitch and went to a loud screeching...
  19. GeraldB

Handtruck needed at mancave

OK so the Mancave is my 150 year old camp.I sneak down here for some cold ones and tunes. NO water or facilities but I got Electric,Cell Phone,Satellite TV,and another BOSE AMP. This is my 1801. I have had it for 3 months in storage.It's a 1 owner and shipped in the original factory box it came...
  20. GeraldB

Kenwood Tuner

Looks like I won the bid on a wooden case KT-7500 tuner.This is my first Kenwood piece and I'm interested in doing some mods to see what it's potential is?
  21. GeraldB

Bose 1801,4401 and what Tuner?

For you Bose 1801/4401 combo owners I was wondering what tuner would compliment the looks and performance of that system? Not sure if the Bose spatial receivers would work as a tuner? I like the looks of the Marantz gear and I'm sure some others would work. Living in the Country where signal...
  22. GeraldB

Rotel RB 991 Amp

Anybody have any experience with this Amp? I've heard some good things about it and have a opportunity to buy a used one just not sure how much to offer. Specs says it's 200 wpc and some reviews say it's very clean sounding. Thought it might work with my Rotel preamp.
  23. GeraldB

Pioneer VSXD503S

Is a VSX-D503S worth anything? I bought one unseen for $27.00 last night. Stereo mode is rated at 110 Watt per Channel.I think it's about 20 years old but still works OK. I should have it in a few days.
  24. GeraldB

Carvin 973's Loudspeakers

I bought a set of 973's new along with a FX1244 mixer back in 1990. For a PA speaker system, and they don't sound have bad as a HI FI speaker. Probably somewhere between a PA and Studio Monitor grade. Anyway they use a PS15C woofer,PS 6.5C midrange driver, and a PS1021 tweeter. The specs are...
  25. GeraldB

Bose 4401 education $$$

I have been looking for 3 months for a Bose 4401 preamp to mate up with my 1801. Actually I would like to have 2 as I also have an 1800 amp now in service with a Rotel preamp driving it. The plan is to restore both the 4401 and my Bose amps. After looking Nationwide on craigslist for months one...
Back
Top Bottom