Search results

1. DCrews

Technics SA-300 Question

Nevermind, figured it out. If anyone's wondering, the cabinet on the receiver I have doesn't lift off in one piece. There are two screws on the back that you can remove which allow just the top of the cabinet to slide out.
  2. DCrews

Sansui 5500 Popping in right channel

Thanks, I will give this a try!
  3. DCrews

Technics SA-300 Question

I'm trying to set up a Technics SA-300 receiver while my other receiver is being serviced. Before I do that, I need to clean the switches. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to remove the cabinet on this thing. The manual says that there are two screws on each side of the cabinet...
  4. DCrews

Ok, I finally had time to try this tonight. The result: the popping sound moved to the left channel.
  5. DCrews

Thank you! I'll let you know what happens.
  6. DCrews

I'm in desperate need of some help with my Sansui 5500 receiver. I'm getting an intermittent and sometimes very loud popping sound in my right speaker (I say intermittent, but it's fairly consistent. I can't run it for more than a minute or so without hearing the popping). I feel that I've...
  7. DCrews

Non-obvious album you'd like to see rereleased from the masters

Caravan - The Land of Pink and Grey
  8. DCrews

I need a foot for a Sansui SR-333......

I have Herbie's Iso Balls on my Sanusi SR-636.
  9. DCrews

Sansui SR-222 'Mk 1' Today

Nice!
  10. DCrews

Need a Sansui SR-838 tonearm

That's going to be a tough find. I would keep an eye out at sansui-parts-shop.com. Otherwise, you might be able to find a parts table on eBay if you check regularly.
  11. DCrews

Which ones do you consider truly great studio double albums?

Chicago - Chicago II Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile Bob Dylan - Blond on Blond
  12. DCrews

Rare (?) Sansui XR-Q11 turntable with a big problem

I sure would like to find one of these at a thrift store!
  13. DCrews

Record shop in Greensboro N.C.?

There is one called Remember When Records. They have a really large selection and everything is graded. They're a little on the pricey side, but not too bad. I've heard that the man who owns the store can be rude, but I've never had a problem with him. Definitely worth your time to visit...
  14. DCrews

good cartridge for a Sansui SR-919?

I can second the Nagaoka MP-200. I have had one on my SR-929 for the past year or so.
  15. DCrews

Can I replace the cord on these headphones?

I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones. I've had them for about a year. About a week ago, I started having a problem with the left channel dropping out if I moved the cord around. I thought it might be bad connection with the plug. Well, tonight I got a new plug and replaced the...
  16. DCrews

Static in left channel - phono only

Transmaster - I had thought about getting an external phono preamp like you mentioned. I was using both Phono inputs on the Sansui. Would there be any way to run two turntables through a seperate preamp or would I need to buy two? I took a look at the solder joints but didn't see anything...
  17. DCrews

Top side:
  18. DCrews

I gave the cleaning with Deoxit another try, but still nothing. I'm pretty well convinced it's something with the phono stage. I talked with someone else who suggested it might be a bad capacitor. Just now I flipped the connected/separated switch to separated and the static went out. If I...
  19. DCrews

Thanks. I will give that another look. The static actually went away for a little while this morning, but it came back after about 20 minutes.
  20. DCrews

Well, I tried cleaning the volume and function selector. It didn't have any effect on it. Could any of the other switches have anything to do with this? It seems like if the switches were to blame, the static would be present in FM, AM and Aux as well?
  21. DCrews

Thanks. I didn't try another receiver, but I did try two different turntables and got the same result with both. Not sure when it was last cleaned. I've had it for about two years. I have never cleaned it. Not sure about before that. I will take a look inside and give it a good cleaning...
  22. DCrews

Hi everyone: I have a Sansui 5500 receiver and I'm getting constant static/popping in the left channel. This happens when it is switched to Phono 1 and Phono 2, but not FM, AM, or AUX. It gets louder depending on how the volume is adjusted, and it happens whether there is music playing or...
  23. DCrews

Banded for Radio Airplay?

Gotcha! That makes sense.
  24. DCrews

Banded for Radio Airplay?

Hi: I picked up a promo copy of Rick Wakeman's No Earthly Connection today. On the cover there is a sticker that says it is banded for radio airplay. What does that mean? This is the first time I've come across it.
  25. DCrews

Brand New Vinyl!!!

New Green Day release out today - Uno! 22.95 from Amazon
Back
Top Bottom