Search results

1. Coytee

a better 2" mid driver?

The following could not be any more off topic so my apologies for that and you can throw me off the thread. I had to say a giant Amen to above. I'm the (State recognized) retirement guy for State and Local Government (County and city) employees for 13 counties. Probably have 25,000 people...
  2. Coytee

A question for Klipschorn owners with collared top hats

Bunch of friggin PHD's running around this place lol :thumbsup:
  3. Coytee

Best practices re: gain setting throughout the signal chain?

Back when I was early in biamping, I had a Peach tube preamp and some various power amps but was using a dbx BX-3, later some Crown K2's which had variable gains on them (the Peach also had some variable gains) I discovered the Peach had the lowest noise if set essentially in the middle of the...
  4. Coytee

Best practices re: gain setting throughout the signal chain?

This gets a ditto from me.
  5. Coytee

Klipsch New LaScala

Well, my presumption was going to make them 2-way and slap a K510 in there. I wonder why he kept it three way unless that was to keep it within the larger spirit of how PWK designed it? I recall hearing that Roy wanted to keep all of Heritage as PWK designed them so changing horn combo's might...
  6. Coytee

Aquired pair of Bose 901 series1. Home made or real?

pictures can be worth 1,000 words
  7. Coytee

My first Super Heresy build... Help!!

Ohhhhhhhhh, Biatch slap! :thumbsup:
  8. Coytee

My first Super Heresy build... Help!!

Doctor, I can't quite put my finger on it but, I think I have a problem....
  9. Coytee

La Scala?

Not necessarily. My understanding is Roy Delgado (chief engineer at Klipsch) got the idea one day.... about a year later had done all the work to make it doable. So I think it's fair to say, this is a Klipsch approved combination. The original idea for this was for those who had the (what...
  10. Coytee

La Scala?

Here is the large K402 and the smaller K510 Both sound very good.... bigger is more expensive BUT controls the sound better than the (a) smaller horn. Losing a crossover point is not an insignificant improvement on its own.
  11. Coytee

La Scala?

could be a blessing if price is right id chuck the top, put a K402 on top, go 2-way active crossover and have a much better sounding speaker
  12. Coytee

Single Klipsch Cornwall 3

Seems, back in the day, mono ruled.... Look at it this way.... in part, stereo gives you that stero sound.... a cool thing. That said, it also might introduce some destructive interference to the sound. Going mono would get rid of that and allow you to maybe hear more of the 'sound' rather...
  13. Coytee

daym, i hate you!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  14. Coytee

unless its trashed and smashed, why are you wasting time here typing when you should already be loading it up?!! :whip:
  15. Coytee

Road Trip

Dave, you've got some awesome stuff. Makes me regret a bit, letting those I had, move on.
  16. Coytee

Road Trip

I knew I had one of you two..... seems I went after the butt shot. :idea:
  17. Coytee

Zener Diode Direction Question

My EV Interface D's, had the bulb. I didn't know exactly how they worked at the time (while I was living in a dorm) but, trust me.... you don't want the bulb to come on. :crazy:
  18. Coytee

Zener Diode Direction Question

<shrugs shoulders> Maybe life is good at home and he needs something to stress about? (me, I haven't a clue on this stuff so pay no attention to me) :beerchug:
  19. Coytee

Season’s Greetings!

Bah Humbug! You are all nothing but a bunch of horny guys! That said, Happy New Years to boot and may your horns blow.
  20. Coytee

Crown K2 Question(s) (muted, then scratchy, then working variable gain knob)

Opened the service manual.... looks like there is a common circuit board that these mount to. Might it be as easy as putting a new board in? I don't recall seeing this page last time I did this. This is now getting more interesting.
  21. Coytee

Crown K2 Question(s) (muted, then scratchy, then working variable gain knob)

I have three K2's. Bought all used so no real idea how old they are. I've had them for....guessing up to 10 years? I use two of them to vertically biamp. As a general rule, I never touch the gains on them since things are pretty well set. Today, notice right speaker is totally dead...
  22. Coytee

Klipsch Cornwalls followed me home

I'll soon be at 45 years with laScalas! Original drivers, I did put a new crossover in them (extreme slope..... so now that they're no longer Klipsch, I suppose I should retract my comments) :idea:
  23. Coytee

Does anyone listen to 5 chan stereo?

f i recall, Pink Floyd Division Bell tour (Pulse DVD), circa 1994 had a surround system. I saw the show in nashville and remained in awe for the next two years. It was outdoors and at Vanderbilts football stadium.
  24. Coytee

ClaudeJ1's "Greatest Hits" System

Add on bracing for LaScalas has nothing on this! Kudo's. :rockon:
  25. Coytee

Upgraded/redesigned crossovers - back in the day..

Since you've not yet sent me my 10% extortion cut.... I do not approve. I will happily turn my frown, upside down, after you send me all your proceeds plus an exorbitant amount of interest. :thumbsup:
Back
Top Bottom