Search results

1. tnmike1

Why do print magazines push way-early renewals?

I would suspect they want to know the number of subscribers before going to print. Getting a more accurate gage of total numbers
  2. tnmike1

Coolest book you've seen thus far?

No country for old men. The book is more graphic than the movie
  3. tnmike1

Musk bails on Twitter....

Not much of a genius? Take a look at Tesla or better yet Space Ex. Average brains couldn't begin to figure that out. I know he doesn't do all the engineering but hires the best and brightest and pays top dollars. Maybe that's why he's the richest man in the world. And I bought Tesla stock a...
  4. tnmike1

What four people would you love to have dinner with

I've been thinking of this so here's mine. These are around the same dinner table Thomas Sowell Donald Trump Jean Paul Sartre Dorothy Parker
  5. tnmike1

Please help me name my boat…

I'm told it is bad luck to change the name of a boat
  6. tnmike1

Another hobby is starting to take shape.

And you can't fly over most state parks and every national park
  7. tnmike1

Childhood Books you remember reading?

Uncle Remus and Tarzan
  8. tnmike1

Words that were once common, now gone extinct

Type writer....one who types on a typewriter.
  9. tnmike1

Use credit or debit card?

Still use paper checks occasionally
  10. tnmike1

Use credit or debit card?

Listened to a financial guru who said he never would use a debit card but relies totally on credit cards. His reasoning is using a debit card is using your money. Use a credit card is using the bank's money. This assumes you pay the card off each month. Makes total sense to me. What do you think?
  11. tnmike1

Prices.... Going Up!!!

The coils of the units rust. Flagler County is noted for its salt laden atmosphere. Everything metal left outside tends to rust. Rinses won't help
  12. tnmike1

Prices.... Going Up!!!

here in Palm Coast FL close to the ocean air conditioning units last about 10 yrs before they need to be replaced. Have to do it this year. 10 yrs ago price was $3500. Today got the quote for $5500. Has to be done so doing it. Living in a salt air environment means rust that takes a toll on...
  13. tnmike1

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

My son is captain on a container ship. He said the main problem with ships like the Evergreen line is they build huge ships but keep the same old rudder assembly Which is one of the reasons the Evergiven got sideways in the Suez. Wind combined with the inability to steer properly due to small...
  14. tnmike1

What did you get for Christmas?

100% goose down comforter with duvet cover
  15. tnmike1

Commercials You Hate

All the ads for drugs for diseases I never knew existed....like TED, thyroid eye disease
  16. tnmike1

Things you don't see anymore.

Yes. Use whiffle all the time
  17. tnmike1

Hot sauces & anything spicy.

I like some heat in my sauce but not so much that it overpowers other flavors in the recipe. Tabasco has some interesting varieties that are hot but not overpowering
  18. tnmike1

For all you from California moving to East Tennessee

On the news we hear many companies are moving their headquarters to East Tennessee. So welcome. But you have to know some basic stuff about the South 1. Here college football isn't just a game played on Saturdays. It's a religion. Grown adults dress in their college colors...here it's...
  19. tnmike1

Kyle Jones is dead

For those of you who don't know he was a professional bull rider in his late 20s. He was featured in Relief Factor commercials. Supposedly one of the great up and comers on the rodeo circuit
  20. tnmike1

Army worms here now!

Tru Green charged 95 bux. Been a customer for years
  21. tnmike1

Army worms here now!

Our local Home Depot and Lowes totally out of all the chemicals used to kill them. Knoxville and east Tennessee really hit hard
  22. tnmike1

Army worms here now!

Neighbors had them. 10,000 Sq ft lawn gone in three days. Called our lawn service Tru Green. Came same day and sprayed. Guy told me the worms are being blown in by winds and rain from the hurricanes. Meanwhile lawns will not grow back once worms eat the grass roots. How can you tell if you...
  23. tnmike1

What Do You Like on Your Hotdog?

Sauerkraut, mustard pickle relish
  24. tnmike1

Return of the Countach

Love creature comfort too much. Will stick to the Bentley Flying Spur.
  25. tnmike1

Worst or most dated hotel/motel you've ever stayed in?

Every time we drive from Knoxville to our Florida home we stay in macon ga overnight to avoid the 12 hr drive. I prefer to stay at either a Marriott Courtyard or Fairfield Inn even though they're a little pricey. Wife wants to know why we can't stay somewhere cheaper. After she read this thread...
Back
Top Bottom