Search results

1. R

Little Feat?

Just my two cents, but "Waiting for Columbus" is my feel good, go-to album. Cranked through good equiptment, it's a religous experience. I mean, "Spanish Moon" with the Tower of Power in all it's glory. My, my my...........I mean........hoy,hoy hoy! I only wish I had seen them in the day.
  2. R

Ruger vs Browning

Sorry, gents, been "away" for a while. Got a question. Browning Buckmark vs Ruger Mark III? Looking to buy a .22LR Semi-auto. Never had a semi-auto in 22cal. Got a Ruger revolver (.22 LR), and a first generation P-85 and they're hard to beat, but the semi?? I've read all kinds of mixed reviews...
  3. R

Blue Rodeo

I heard a track from the new Blue Rodeo album yesterday on my local public radio station and I was intrigued. I was not familiar with the band. It sounded to me like if Neil Young and Jackson Brown had a musical baby, this is what it might sound like. I am aware that the band has been around...
  4. R

Broccoli Casserole anyone?

Frozen florets only, lots of butter, Velveeta, and sour cream. Ritz cracker top and shreded cheddar is optional.
  5. R

Leftover pork chops, what to do?

Finger food. I concur. Served cold, with cold beer and cole slaw. Bone gnawing is a must.
  6. R

Kegerators

Where I live, it's still easier to aquire plutonium than damn CO2. And that ain't no bull. I'm sure I'm on some damn NSA data base........like we all are.
  7. R

Kegerators

Your situation is a pain. You'll have to invest in at least two separate systems, because of the taps. Maybe more. Another thing I have learned, it's almost easier to obtain plutonium, than it is C02. The canisters are only "certified" for 5 years, and they don't like to fill them for home...
  8. R

Ruger firearms.

I have several. And dollar for dollar, damn good guns. The .22 MK's are sweet. You can drive nails with mine. And the BlackHawks are soild. You can spend more for bragging, but I give'um thumbs up!
  9. R

Greater Cincinnati Metro Area

Sorry, but don't seem to be much interest. Let's try to get the word or and twist some arms, and we'll schedule accordingly. Jeeeeszzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  10. R

Taurus "Judge"

OK, just a quick update. A friend of mine is a baliff for the local sheriff's department and actually has one. It is chambered for five .410 shotgun shells (or it will fire .45ACP). Neil said the most popular load was with the 00 buck shot. Nice close, personal protection weapon. Named because...
  11. R

Bubbacue

'Toze, your smoker sure looks clean.......mine don't look like that at all. Takes grunge to a whole new level :)
  12. R

Taurus "Judge"

Anyone have one? Thoughts and opinions?
  13. R

Baked Shrimp Scampi

Thanks Bog, wasn't sure about posting the actual recipe, because of the whole copyright thang. This is excellent, and fairly easy. By the way, I'm not much on "celebrity chefs", but this chick's recipes and cookbook's are consistanly good and simple to prepare.
  14. R

Baked Shrimp Scampi

Hey, just throwing this out. You can Google the actual recipe. It's a baked shrimp scampi by Ina Garten. My family loves it, and it is both simple enough for casual dinner or elegant enough for company. Pair it with a nice ceaser salad and a glass of wine and your good to go. The only...
  15. R

The Best American Rock and Roll Band

The BoDeans.
  16. R

MJ had a heart attack - RIP

I concurr with most everything already posted, so nothing new to add. But I will throw out that the real genius behind "Thriller" was Quincy Jones. The bones were there, but Q made it sparkle. JMHO.
  17. R

Greater Cincinnati Metro Area

Are there are any of us in the Cincinnati area who would want to try and gather sometime this summer? Say as far north as Dayton, and south to Lexington? I'm thinking Hoffbrau House on a Saturday afternoon? Any interest?
  18. R

Realistic Nova 5........

I bought a pair of 8's a couple of weeks ago. I see where the 5's are ported. The 8's are not. Question: Has anyone ported a originally non-ported speaker? I am not particularily impressed with the 8's, but they are in pristine condition. Thought porting them might do something for them. Bit...
  19. R

Densmore On "The Doors"

There's a book, maybe 20 years back, I think it's called "No One Here Gets Out Alive" about Morrison and the Doors. Good read.
  20. R

Sx-990

Stumbled across a mint SX-990 a week or so ago for $30. Had to order the weird speaker plugs. Fired it up yesterday. Worked great, all the lights worked, great tuner section. Then, after about an hour, I began playing with the knob that is labled "Rev, Stereo, L,R, L+R" and it began to sound...
  21. R

Barbecuing Season is HERE!!

Amen, Ed! Amen.
  22. R

Two questions

Thanks to all. They are AKM-003 speaker plugs. Seems every mfgr. tried them for a brief period of time, but just never caught on. I can see why.
  23. R

Two questions

Sorry, I am too technologically challanged to know how to post a picture. They appear to be AKM-003 speaker plugs, whatever that is.
  24. R

Sx-990

Went to an auction this weekend, and picked up a SX-990 in mint/mint condition. She looks like they just opened the box and sold it. I am completely unfamiliar with this model receiver. Any insight or opinions? Secondly, I have never ran into speaker posts like the ones on the back of this...
  25. R

Two questions

I'm going to save time and space. First, I bought a receiver Saturday at an auction, once I got it home it had speaker posts I have never seen before. Ever. Uses AKM-003 plugs? Can someone tell me what they are and how they connect?? Second, same auction, got a pair of RS Nova 8's that look like...
Back
Top Bottom