Search results

1. B

Shanling cd S-100MKii connection to a DACHi gang

I have not bought the DAC as yet, hence the question for help. The Shanling has 2 rcas and 1 spdif outputs. I am looking for a good DAC that's affordable between $200-$300 CAD price range new or used. I will not be using head phones. I may want to use the DAC exclusively for WMA, or FLAC...
  2. B

Shanling cd S-100MKii connection to a DACHi gang

Hi gang, I have a Shanling S-100MKii cd-sacd player and it ias rca outputs and one digital output. Can I use this player connected to a DAC and if so how? I have a preamp that has 3 inputs but I am at a lost as to what the steps are to accomplish this. Thanks very much for your anticipated...
  3. B

What is the correct setting for the gain pots on front of Bryston 4B-Pro?

I have a Bryston 4B-Pro that has the gain adjustments on the front. At what level do I set the gains when using my tube preamplifier. (Yaqin MS-12b) Thanks
  4. B

Forte Model 6 Amp

Just picked a beautiful immaculate Forte Model 6 Amp. Can't wait to give her a whirl this weekend. Only problem can't find a manual user's or otherwise. baje55
  5. B

My Sony PS-X4 has unstable speed on 45 rpm

Sony PS-X4 Do I have to plug it in after disengaging the x-tal to check the speed? Thanks
  6. B

My Sony PS-X4 has unstable speed on 45 rpm

fixing unstable speed on my sony ps-x4 turntable Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks guys.
  7. B

Deoxit and other contact cleaners

For those In Ontario Canada or close by in the GTA looking for a good contact cleaner, Sayal Electronics sells Deoxit, MGchemicals Electrosolve which is as good as Deoxit, and safe on plastics. I bought a 5oz can for $7.95 of electroslve. They have stores in Toronto, Markham, Vaughan...
  8. B

Where to buy electronics contact cleaner

Hi there if you live in the Toronto GTA, Canada, there are a few places that sell various kinds of electronic contact cleaners that is safe with plastics. Here is the link: http://www.sayal.com/mobile/index.asp Hope this helps someone.:tresbon:
  9. B

Dual 1229

thanks guys
  10. B

Dual 1229

Hi guys, I don't know if you remembered my reply that I got my Dual 1229 serviced and is in pristine condition this is after all your comments, post and support on this site. Well I have a dilemna/challenge that I have never encountered before and need your support/opinions once again. Not...
  11. B

Technics SL-1310

Ortofon VMS20E MKII Hi there, sold the headshell. Thanks. I am looking for a good but not expensive replacement stylus for my Ortofon VMS20E MKII cartridge. I am very confused with all the ones on ebay as to which one is the correct one. Can you point me in the right direction...
  12. B

Spectrum SC-95/II Stylus...FOUND

My good friends I have spent 24 hours searching and have found the elusive and enigmatic Spectrum SC-95/II stylus. It belongs to a Denon, NEC, Piezo to name a few. See links: http://www.turntableneedles.com/Piezo-YM-123-type-Stylus-our-Needle-Ton-834_p_4106.html...
  13. B

Technics SL-1310

Thanks to all you guys as usual. baje55
  14. B

Technics SL-1310

Spectrum SC-95.II Cartridge I took some detailed pics of this enigmatic and strange cartridge. Now maybe it's easier to identify in terms of a replacement stylus? Thanks baje55
  15. B

Technics SL-1310

Technics headshell yeah? how desirable?
  16. B

Technics SL-1310

Need help identifying this cartridge and stylus on a Technics SL-1310 I bought yesterday for $75. The letters on it is D.M is olde english type. Please see photos attached. Thanks baje55 :music:
  17. B

Technics SL-1310 MKI

Technics SL-1310 Thanks for your help guys. baje55
  18. B

Technics SL-1310 MKI

Happy New Year everyone. Anyone has or can get hold of a copy of the Owner's manual for the Technics SL-1310 MKI turntable? I would appreciate it. Thanks baje55
  19. B

Dual 1229 TT

Dual 1229 TT phono cables I am using it with a tube preamplifier and power amp. Does this make a difference? baje55
  20. B

Dual 1229 TT

Dual 1229 TT Spinning when plugged in Hi there gang. Thought I shud update you all about my Dual 1229 that some of you were kind to offer me advice. Well I took it into a shop here in Toronto, called American Electronics which has been in business for 50 years. They repair anything electronic...
  21. B

Dual 1229 motor switch box

Yes, I have the service manual thanks. No, I haven't disassembled anything baje55
  22. B

Thanks
  23. B

You guys are awesome. To eliminate the switch, I'll change the cap and see if this stops the free spinning. If it doesn't, then I'll disassemble and clean and reassemble and report back to the gang. Nice exercise for a senior citizen retired old goat baje55:thmbsp:
  24. B

Hi gang, I am trying to find out why my platter spins as soon as it is plugged in. I have done everything else that I read from this forum and also on the highly respected forum vinylengine, but alas it still spins. I have attached 2 images and will share them on this forum and vinylengine...
Back
Top Bottom