Search results

1. Sunny61

Pics of your listening space

I'm full of Schiit now. Was running the Freya+ with the Rega Exon3 monoblocks pictured on bottom shelf driving the Magnepan LRS's and it sounded very good. Had one Vidar running in stereo for a few weeks, very nice as well. Added the second yesterday, now fully balanced and am thrilled with...
  2. Sunny61

Pics of your listening space

3. Sunny61

What TT's do you folks have

Micro Seiki BL21 Dynavector DV 20X Rega RB300
  4. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

I have the OB Sigmas and am very satisfied with them. I also have a pair of OB 4.5's and had a pair of OB 6.5's. The 6.5's were the first and I got hooked. I also have a pair of Hawthorne Audio Sterling Silver Iris open baffle speakers. I've pretty much sold all my box speakers in favor of the...
  5. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

I have heard the Lore Reference and for the size and price, they are hard to beat.
  6. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

Eric didn't suggest the OB Sigmas? Jazz is at least 50% of my listening and they just kill it!
  7. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

Eric has been a gigging drummer, I believe in the rock genre. My Sigmas definitely do jazz and acoustic based music better than rock. That's not to say that they're not good with rock, just better with jazz. I have them over three feet from back and side walls and about seven feet apart. Great...
  8. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

Nice. Also nice that you're getting great performance with them as close together as they are. Another Tekton bonus.
  9. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

What is your upstream gear?
  10. Sunny61

Any Portland Oregon clubs?

Nice! I spent all of June 2015 somewhere on the river, mostly Last Chance and the Ranch. I'm on the road April 3rd and will bounce around the Puget Sound area and Portland before I head over around the first of May. I missed most of the stonefly hatch last time but am stoked for the big bugs...
  11. Sunny61

It's been a few years, but I know there were very long wait times and final bills considerably over quoted price. I've had a couple of email conversations with him and they always seemed to end up a bit contentious, he can get an attitude when you are just asking questions. I found a guy in...
  12. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

Currently running a Rega system with Cursa3 preamp and Exon3 mono blocks with my OB Sigmas. Very nice!
  13. Sunny61

Lots of opinions and reviews both good and bad. I would think twice about dealing with him. Definitely do some research.
  14. Sunny61

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Climax Blues Band "FM/Live"
  15. Sunny61

U2 "The Best of 1990-2000"
  16. Sunny61

Tekton Owners Thread

What do you currently have for amplification?
  17. Sunny61

"Cookin" with the Miles Davis Quintet
  18. Sunny61

Now I'll have to queue up the Style Council!
  19. Sunny61

Wes Montgomery "Talkin' Verve: Roots of Acid Jazz"
  20. Sunny61

Jay Farrar and Benjamin Gibbard "One Fast Move or I'm Gone" Music from Kerouac's Big Sur
  21. Sunny61

I do. What a lucky shot, huh? That was on the Henry's Fork in Idaho two summers ago. I'm heading back for the months of May and June. Fishing every day for two months, I will miss my audio gear but can't wait!
  22. Sunny61

Remember I told you my chocolate is 14 and if not what she once was, she certainly has many more years left :-) Definitely no people food, some owners kill their pets with kindness. Exercise is the key, for both of us!
  23. Sunny61

Taylor Eigsti "Lucky to be Me"
  24. Sunny61

Tuners?

I also have the Sansui TU and AU 717. Listen to them every night at bedtime. Luckily, we have a good, public jazz station here in the Puget Sound region. I have a Scott 350 to go with my 299 integrated as well.
Back
Top Bottom