Search results

1. DKirk

Marantz 2230 problem

I get crackles and pops through the speakers whenever I turn the unit on or off. It does the same thing when plug it in or unplug it with the power switch on. What could be the problem? I don't recall it happening before I moved and it spent some time in a Pod.
  2. DKirk

TEAC A-2300SR Question

The TEAC 4070 will play continuously.
  3. DKirk

Teac 3300 SR

It no longer auto reverses after spending some time in a Pod when I moved. Any suggestions?
  4. DKirk

Onkyo tuning dial light

Thanks for the reply. I guess I can live with it. I like the way it unlocks when your hand gets near the tuning knob..
  5. DKirk

Onkyo tuning dial light

Does the T-9 have a lighted dial? My T-4 does not and I don't like it. Whoever heard of a tuner with an unlighted dial? I have to get a flashlight to to tune it. It's a nice tuner, otherwise.
  6. DKirk

My $5 Onkyo TA-2044

The Onkyo stuff flies under the radar of most collectors.. I put together a system with an A-5 amp, T-4 tuner and Integra TA-2800 deck for less than I've paid for a Marantz receiver.. The TA-2800 locked p one day. It just clicked and the cassette door wouldn't open. I had it on the bench for a...
  7. DKirk

Was 8 Track the 2 stroke of audio??

This thread brings back memories! I had a big chrome unit by Madman Muntz mounted under the dash of my '57 Ford 2 door Ranch Wagon. It had a switch that would allow it to play both four and eight tracks. There was no slot for the cartridge. It rode on the top of the player. There is a free...
  8. DKirk

The Teac r2r's: to S, SX or not to....

There was a conversion kit for the 3300SX that made it operate like a 3300SX2T. It included heads as well as an oversize flywheel. The capstan is normal sized, so you can't tell by looking. They will not play 3 3/4 ips. I have one, but I don't use it. Tape is expensive and a 2 track 15 ips...
  9. DKirk

TEAC 2300SD Smoke...

I think that the 2300SD is the most desirable of the 2300 series. I've read that they made other sonic improvements when they added Dolby to that model.
  10. DKirk

Marantz 5025B belt replacement

Nice tutorial! My straight and hook tools are reshaped paper clips.
  11. DKirk

Sansui 5000x won't power on - value?

Member Robisme specializes in Sansui. He did extensive work on my overheating 5000 and charged me only what he paid for the parts. It sounds wonderful! He may know where to get a replacement switch or how to repair yours. Nothing against blhagstrom. I don't know who he is.
  12. DKirk

Teac A-2300A reel to reel find and advice

You have an A-2300S. I have the later A-2300SX. There is also an SD with Dolby and an auto reverse SR. They're all wonderful machines that were built to last. The sticky pinch roller is a common problem with these TEACs. A greased shaft runs through a tube and the grease has turned to glue over...
  13. DKirk

What tuners look cool in the dark?

See what I mean?
  14. DKirk

What tuners look cool in the dark?

My T-4 has a dial that is completely dark, other than the pointer. The only other lights are the three colored indicators and the VU meters. I'm not good with schematics, but it looks to me like that;s all there is. I have to use a flashlight to tune it in the dark.
  15. DKirk

Sansui 5000x won't power on - value?

I've had to replace the power switches on all three of my Marantz receivers. It's no big deal because they're available. I've never seen replacement switches for Sansuis and I have a 5000 that I'm very fond of. I cross my fingers every time I push that button. A tag on the back shows that the...
  16. DKirk

Are tuners even relevant anymore?

I just bought an Onkyo T-4 tuner to go with my A-5 amp, but only because they look so good together. I don't expect to use it much. It's in beautiful condition and I only had to pay $11.35 for it.
  17. DKirk

2285 dubbing input jack

My 2285 has both the normally open and normally closed contact points. It's a completely different part, but it seems to work the same way. My post was more of a rant than a plea for help, but any suggestions are welcome!
  18. DKirk

2285 dubbing input jack

The old jack snapped off at the plastic threads. I replaced it with one from a 2270 that has metal threads. It cuts off the #2 tape input as it should when a plug is inserted, but it doesn't play. My wife likes to use it to play Pandora from her phone. There are only four connections. Where...
  19. DKirk

Miracord 50-H II find

I bought the plinth for my 770H in Stuttgart, but the box was labeled "made in Luxembourg". It's teak veneer on the outside and walnut on the inside. I made the one on the 760 from some old oak railing I acquired when they remodeled the government building I work in. Each side is a single piece...
  20. DKirk

Cable change on an Elac Miracord 50H

I can't remember the details, but I do remember thinking that the task required steadier hands and better eyesight than I possess. The 770H has gone into storage and been replaced in the rotation with this crazy thing:
  21. DKirk

Miracord 50-H II find

I just haven't got around to it. I have Nevrdull and Mother's as well as a buffer with a spiral-sewn cotton wheel and a selection of compounds which makes it much easier. Maybe I'll do it today since I'm home from work. I'll post a picture when I finish. Did you make that plinth?
  22. DKirk

Cable change on an Elac Miracord 50H

I did my 770H and you're right, it was daunting. I couldn't make sense of the circuits so I took macro pictures and made sure the connections were exactly as original. I would have preferred to add RCA jacks as some of them have, but I didn't want to push my luck.
  23. DKirk

Woodworking shop appropriate speaker??

You mean seal them with clear plastic wrap? They won't be able to move much air that way.
  24. DKirk

Miracord 50-H II find

I suspect that the Miracords with the hysteresis motors don't need ground wires. I have a 760 and a 770H. They're pretty much identical except for the strobe, pitch control and hysteresis motor on the 770H. The 760 came with a ground wire installed and it will hum if it's not connected to the...
  25. DKirk

ELAC Miracord TT -share all about 'em

I tried grounding my 770H and it caused a hum. My 760 will hum if it's not grounded to the amplifier and it came with a ground wire attached. It seems strange because they're so similar, but they do have different motors.
Back
Top Bottom