Search results

1. capt.chaos

Anyone sell their CD player and CDs???

I still have all my CDs and SACDs. I don’t plan on selling them. I recently sold my cd/sacd player and bought a new transport. I still have my LPs, Turntable and R2R. And yes I have a streamer too. I enjoy them all. The only thing I have abandoned is cassettes. I sold my player and gave all my...
  2. capt.chaos

McIntosh MC462 or McIntosh MC-1000 or McIntosh MC-601

I would get the MC462. It has plenty of power. It’s the latest technology and will have a warranty.
  3. capt.chaos

Most Attractive Turntable?

The finish is very cool. I wish VPI teamed up with Fender instead of MOFI. That finish would look badass on a VPI Prime.
  4. capt.chaos

Most Attractive Turntable?

The most attractive turntable I ever owned was a Micro Seiki BL 91. I wish I would have kept it. There is no harm in having multiple tables. The picture is not my actual table. However my table was exactly the same. My VPI Classic 3 was an attractive table. But I don’t think it was as...
  5. capt.chaos

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Cannonball Adderley Something’ Else
  6. capt.chaos

Today's JAZZ playlist

Something’ Else Cannonball Adderley
  7. capt.chaos

Today's JAZZ playlist

Lee Morgan Live At The Lighthouse
  8. capt.chaos

Today's JAZZ playlist

Gerry Mulligan meets Ben Webster
  9. capt.chaos

Gerry Mulligan meets Ben Webster
  10. capt.chaos

Lee Morgan Live At The Lighthouse
  11. capt.chaos

Bill Evans Trio 64
  12. capt.chaos

Today's JAZZ playlist

Bill Evans Trio 64
  13. capt.chaos

Are Cornwall IV's Too Good?

I had a pair of 1988 Cornwalls for several years. Last year I had a pair of Cornwall IV’s. I though the IV’s were way smoother and more open.
  14. capt.chaos

Klipsch raising prices again 15 pct

That’s crazy! They just had a large price increase in June. That’s two large increases in less than six months. I have been saving for a pair of the new Jubilees. I was hoping to get them by the first of the year. But they are raising prices faster than I can save.
  15. capt.chaos

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

I am using a pair of Klipsch La Scala AL5 speakers.
  16. capt.chaos

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

My latest purchase is a McIntosh MC2152 power amplifier.
  17. capt.chaos

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

I power my La Scalas with a McIntosh C2600 tube Pre and MC2152 tube amp.
  18. capt.chaos

Khorn tube amp suggestion

I think a SET is a good option for some people. Especially those who listen at a moderate level. I tried a SET amp with modern Khorns and it didn’t work for me. It sounded great at lower volume. But it ran out of steam when turned up. It also lacked drive and bottom end. I sometimes like to...
  19. capt.chaos

Klipsch LaScala care

This is what I use on my La Scalas.
  20. capt.chaos

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I currently have the following McIntosh gear. MC2152 Power amplifier C2600 Pre amplifier MP100 Phono stage
  21. capt.chaos

new Klipsch Jubilee

I know they are coming out with the 75th Anniversary Jubilee, but I hope they make it a part of the standard Heritage line up. I sold my 70th Anniversary Khorns and My Cornwall IV’s so I can buy the Jubilee. I would like to buy a standard pair and not pay the additional cost for the anniversary...
  22. capt.chaos

Recommendations for tube amps to complement Klipsch

I do often. I used a transcendent sound mini beast with my Khorns. It sounded great at low listening levels. The problem is I rarely listen at low volume. At 4 watts per channel it quickly ran out of steam at moderate listening levels. I now use a McIntosh MC275 and am very happy. Not only can...
  23. capt.chaos

Do you play most of your collection...or mainly collect with little play?

Every thing I collect I use and enjoy. Besides when I am gone my wife will probably sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
  24. capt.chaos

Do you play most of your collection...or mainly collect with little play?

That is very cool. I hope you use and enjoy your trains.
Back
Top Bottom