Search results

1. M

Pioneer VSX-35tx. Tuner not working

Cd, phono, tape loops good. Tuner changes channel but no audio and doesn’t seem to get stereo. Reciever was filthy on the outside, no idea of inside yet, But any idea what I should look for?
  2. M

Sony DAT , tape loading arms moving freely

So is it fixable or at a junk point?
  3. M

Yamaha RX-496. Weird issue

Funny I have a Sony with a similar issue. It turns on, and does the relay click. Then only left channel comes on till I turn volume up or turn the balance knob. The right was also playing a bit lower , but cleaning up the speaker wire end. Monster cable , blacken for some reason...
  4. M

Kenwood audio timer hums

An AT52b. When plugs in , it gives a power hum. So transformer going or something else? Thanks in advance
  5. M

sL-B3. Worth putting money into?

Have a working SL-B22 , keep that in mind. So far I need a belt, a new start/ stop button and a better dust cover. So do I keep going or sell for parts?
  6. M

Improving?

Beaten Technics SL-6 , three feet, marks on top, sticks a bit at times, sounded good. Good enough I can't remember what turntable came before. Paid about $10 Technics SL-BD22. Near mint, missing front logo, edge of dust covers has nicks. Sounds a bit less forced then the linear. Nothing...
  7. M

Skipping advice

Have. Beaten technics SL-6, that does ok with the floor. But have a better condition SL-bd22 that sounds a bit sweeter. But skips quite a bit with the floor. It's newer construction with wood I-beams. So some bounce. Any suggestions on how to calm it a bit? The rack is perdicalur to...
  8. M

Technics SL-Q6. Won't start

Lights up cue up and light by arm. Lid switch is clicking fine. Ideas? Could the arm need work? Slight rough shape. But decent. Also where do I get a grounding wire, it's not the same as my belt driven technics. Thanks Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  9. M

Ok to put turntable on speakers

Dumb question I think I know the answer but it skips less on the mach 3 speaker than on the top of rack. It a floor bounce issue. Ideas ? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  10. M

Technics sa-dx930 worth fixing

Everything works except speaker a. Speaker b is fine and so are the center and surrounds. Easy fix or take it back to the thift? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. M

Good find?

Pioneer ct-f1000. It sounds good. Found it In working condition for $20 A little motor noise. But sounds good, have to see how it does against the Nak BX-100 I love. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  12. M

Opinion wanted : would Mach 3 s be an improvement on CV RE30s

Generally happy with the Cerwin Vega's. But I have a chance at some Mach 3 cheap but need a reform of the woofers. Any opinions if they are worth picking up given what I have. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  13. M

Pioneer ct-s99wr. Second deck bay does not work

The motor on that side that lowers and raises the transport does not move like the working side. The motor stays at a constant 4vdc. The other side stays at zero , then goes -4vdc or 4vdc depending on what is pushed. So given the one motor stays at 4 CDC ,but does nothing, I think I have a...
  14. M

Sony v-35 issues

Don't seem to be winning. Yamaha R-500, dented and sometimes loses right channel. But love the tuner and tuner controls. But so beaten, missing a knob. Pioneer sx450. Sound great, but static in phono stage , doesn't fit I my stereo rack. Sounds great, but only one tape loop. Did the...
  15. M

R500 drops right channel or both channels after being turned on at times

Never when playing. This receiver was dropped on the left upper corner, chassis not quite straight. I can fix it sometimes by turning on and off or by doing a Fronze (hitting) on the upper left corner. Any ideas,I want to run this receiver till I can find a cheap good looking rack that can...
  16. M

So any ideas where to get end caps for a pioneer pd-m77?

Got this at a thrift, six disc changer. Same problem as the first one laser lens fell out , just needed to glue in. Anyway, this is a very clean elite model, sounds very good , but is missing the end caps off the sides. Any idea where I might find them? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  17. M

Pioneer sx-450 love the sound, but tuner weak

A beaten yamaha r-500 and a 1981 panasonic boombox can beat the tuning capability of it. I can come close with bunny ears on the sx-450. It does beat either of my home theater recievers. So is a sx-650 better? It looks like one of the steps up is the tuner. So is it an issue? Or would...
  18. M

Pioneer SX-450 questions and issues?

Just got a SX-450. Good sound for turntable, cassette. Tuner works, but not as sensitive or quiet as the tuner in the beaten Yamaha r-500 I got before this. Seem normal or adjustment needed? Also power light and stereo light does not work, easy fix? LED available? And funny enough...
  19. M

Silver sound in a multi channel receiver ?

So I pick up a worn yamaha r500 at a thift and the sound has a certain warmth that neither my sony 845 or yamaha 463 can quite match. And neither of those can touch the FM of the R500. I listen mainly to stereo sources but I do listen to multi channel sacd. So any x.1 receivers that match...
  20. M

Sony ps-lx520. Sticking arm

A great thrift store score. But it was very dusty. Needle intact though. But the arm sticks at points , but the controls can move it past. So I am thinking , clean and/or clean the rod the arm travels on. So any suggestions on best way to do it? Thanks everyone. Sent from my iPad...
  21. M

Cerwin vega re 30s vs Optimus pro-lx10

Just got a pair of RE 30s, And while they are a bit bass heavy, at first listen they seem to work fine. Super tramp, Beatles and Donald Fagen play we'll on them. Temped to crank them:) But am I nuts they seem better at least now to the LX 10 s? They always seemed to lack something. Like...
  22. M

Am I stacking too much?

Probably need new rack. But i am thinking this will work. Silver pioneer, minidisc, cassette deck , DVD changer on one shelf. Or am I asking for trouble? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  23. M

Sony tc-355 not recording

Only paid $25. So the take up reel, is more in than the source reel, so I had it open several times today to try to fix that ( no luck). I currently have a piece of cardboard making up the difference. But since then I tried recording. I hear in on source, but not on tape while recording...
  24. M

Sony tc-355 tape squeaks on take up reel

Hope I have the rights terms, it's my first reel to reel. It's an old tape that the seller said to get rid of. So is a squeak as this tape hits the take up reel, which is plastic. Normal? Also a bit of noise from the metal caspin pulley. ideas on that? Thanks for any and all help...
  25. M

Stanton 500 mk II. Worth getting stylus for

It came with a pioneer pl-s30 turntable. How good of a cartridge is this. I have an Audio Technica 1001 cart and an Ortofon omega currently Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Back
Top Bottom