Search results

1. DVjorge

Denon POA-2200 question ?

Hi everyone, My Denon POA-2200 power amp has two set of RCA jack inputs, however, it doesn't have any front panel input selector. I want to connect two different sources to it, one is a tube preamp and the other a ss preamp. Can I do it ?? Does the amp work not matter if I use any of these...
  2. DVjorge

Removing the AM-FM circuit from main board AV-receiver improve the sound??

Hi all, Just reading some Denon 3802 AV-receiver reviews, I found one guy who removed the AM-FM circuit from the main board claiming a huge improve in sound quality ?? I really can not find any technical explanation for this and would like to know what do you think. Thanks Here is the review...
  3. DVjorge

Receivers vs Integrated

Hello Pioneer Lovers, I am looking for some opinions about Vintage Pioneer units. What do you think sound better receivers or integrated ? Some people say Pioneer receivers sound different than their integrated amplifiers, so I would like to know what do you like more. Thanks.!
  4. DVjorge

NO KIDDING.! Thrift Store find...!! $49.00

Sansui AU-919 AND TU-919 Mint condition.. $49.00
  5. DVjorge

Pick of the day.! Monitor Audio Bronze B2

Hi all, things still happen in Thrift Stores. I found these Monitor Audio Bronze B2 $8.00 each. There also were a pair of Mission 700 I left there. $8.00 each too. Both pair mint condition.! I couldn't left the MA, even having 5 pair already.
  6. DVjorge

A 2018 gift for JBL lovers.!

http://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/jbl-releases-updated-iconic-jbl-l100-speakers
  7. DVjorge

Exotic speakers!

I don't know why but many of us like speakers more than any other component. This happens to me and many of my friends in this hobby. I can see a cd player, an amplifier, a pre-amp, etc, and admire and value them but nothing steal more my love that a good set of speakers. I found some pictures I...
  8. DVjorge

Audio groups or society.!

Hi everyone, I have been looking for one Audio Society in Miami area but so far, nothing.! I know there are places where the fans met and can share opinions and have a great time listening friend systems. I don't have any idea if Facebook has a page for the audio fans or a closed group. Anyway...
  9. DVjorge

Why most women don't like the audio hobby ??

I had tried hard to attract my wife to our beloved hobby without success. I don't see women posting in audio forums and it makes me think this is a masculine entertainment. Does your wife or any other woman you know is attracted by the audio gear or hi-fi sound ?? Just my curiosity.! I will love...
  10. DVjorge

Is there any use for a DAT ??

Hi all, First, Happy New Year for everyone in this wonderful community. I would like to know if some of you still use a DAT. I was given one and I don't know what to do with it. I have heard some people record vinyl using DAT to avoid playing records many times. It is a Sony DTC-790. Thanks.
  11. DVjorge

DeoxIT Gold D5

Hi everyone, I would like to know if is it safe to clean potentiometers using Deoxit Gold D5 ?? Thanks.!
  12. DVjorge

Cd player problem...

Hi everyone, I appreciate if someone knows what could be the problem one of my cd players is having and gives me a clue. The cd player reads the discs if I open the tray and load it but if I left a disc inside the tray and turn off the player, next time I turn it on, it doesn't read the disc...
  13. DVjorge

SACD vs HDCD vs CD ??

Hi all, I have heard contradictory statement and opinions about it. I am sure, since the amount of members this community has, I will get a better idea about what of these formats do really sound better. I don't know if technically one of these win, or if it is really possible to notice a big...
  14. DVjorge

Best headphones without spending a fortune.!

Hi all, I want to leave a testimony for those interested. A couple of months ago I wanted to buy a headphone for music. I didn't want to spend too much money on it, in fact, I wanted to be lower than $50. So, you may realize how hard is to get something really good at that price range. I began...
  15. DVjorge

What wake up your love for Hi-Fi audio ??

I was inactive for some years but my passion for Hi-Fi has never ended. I don't know if this is something that happens to all us. I mean I have periods where I am more "connected" to the hobby and other times, I am more indifferent, but the passion is always there. Anyway, before I go to bed, I...
  16. DVjorge

Do you think this hobby is dying ??

Hi everyone, Every single day, I see less and less Hi-Fi stores and equipment. At least, in Miami, where I live, most of the dedicated stores are closing. Hi-Fi equipment manufacturers are presenting less lines, less models, and many of them are switching to commercial electronic or other...
  17. DVjorge

I have ended with a bedroom and a HT system.!

Bedroom system is very simple. Sansui AU-517 integrated, NAD 521 cd player, Technic SL-5000 turntable with Shure cartridge, and Monitor Audio Silver S2 speakers, cables are Straight Wire. There is also a Monster Power supply.! HT system is a Denon AVR-3802, Denon POA-2200 power amplifier, DVD...
  18. DVjorge

15 years of Thirf Stores finding.!

Hi all, I can say I have been fortunate of finding interesting audio gear during my visits to Thirf stores. I began around 2003 ( at least, one time a week visits ) and occasionally the last 4 or 5 years. Anyway, here is a list of my most relevant finding (I have sold most of them) 1-...
  19. DVjorge

THX certification.! Does it say something ??

Hi all, Since this community is so passionate about sound quality, I am bringing this question. Is really a THX certification something to consider when we value an equipment or is it an scam ?? I have read THX certification is a rigorous process where the equipment has to pass many sound and...
  20. DVjorge

DVD player as a dedicated CD player.!

Hi all, I have seen many good quality DVD players going for almost nothing since the blue ray era began. However, good CD players are still expensive, including the old ones. For instance, Pioneer Elite, Marantz, Arcam, etc, dvd players ??? Some of them are THX certified. What do you think...
  21. DVjorge

Adding a Power Amp to my AU-517

Hi all, I have a question and I am sure some of you already have experimented it. What gonna be the value of adding a power amp to my AU-517 ?? I mean using the 517 as a pre-amp only plus a dedicated power amp. I don't know if the classic Sansui sound (we all know about it) belongs...
  22. DVjorge

Denon AVR rear speakers.

Hi guys, I own a Denon 3802 that I love. The receiver has a great sound in my opinion. However, I have noticed that Denon receivers don't send too much sound to the rears. I listen the rears weak and no too much sound coming from them. Unlikely than Yamaha or Pioneer Elite that move the rear...
  23. DVjorge

Denon POA 2200 to drive Paradigm Studio 100 V2

Hi all, After reading the other post about what power amp to run the Paradigm Studio 100, I am wondering if my Denon POA 2200 is able to do the job well. Denon 2200 1985/1990 245 watts x channel at 8 ohms. Dual Mono Block design. Massive Toroidal Transformer. High Damping Factor. 8000 mf...
  24. DVjorge

What do you think of these ??

Hi all, I paid $16.00 the pair in my local GoodWill. What do you think about them ?? Thanks.
  25. DVjorge

Best speakers drivers in the market ??

Hi all, What are the best speaker drivers in the market in your opinion ?? Scan Speak, Peerles, Vifa, Morel, Seas, Dynaudio, Focal, Usher, ?? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom