Search results

1. byoungman1

Fair price for ElectroVoice EV Georgians?

I have a line on a mismatched pair of EV Georgians and really have no idea what a fair price would be to pay for them, aside from the value of the components. Help? LOL
  2. byoungman1

++ for "amb3cog"

Very positive experiences with Andy; always pays promptly and provides feedback about how the tubes sound, which is good to know. Thanks!
  3. byoungman1

Big praise for Lilwing

Long overdue ++ feedback for Del; a wonderful guy who I have met several times during the 7+ years that we've "known" each other here on AK. Always pays swiftly, great communication, he even sent me a Christmas present a few months ago :D Congrats on retiring!
  4. byoungman1

Telefunken 12AX7s - Transition from Ribbed Plate to Smooth Plate

Being the tube nerd that I am, I have always wondered when Telefunken switched from the earlier ribbed plate iteration to smooth plates. After encountering a smooth plate 12AX7 with the early style graphics (a "transitional" tube, if you will), I got even more curious. I'll go through all my...
  5. byoungman1

Audio Research LS-16 Mk. II - 7119 Tube Adapter Sockets

Recently picked up a LS-16 mark 2...the original tubes are pretty well used. The good 6H30's are very expensive; was wondering if anyone has tried the 6H30 -> 7119 adapter sockets in one of these. Thanx~
  6. byoungman1

HH Scott LC21 Preamp - Power Supply Question

I just "inherited" a fine Scott LC21, and the only obstacle I see in rebuilding it is the selenium rectifier. More specifically, I have not been able to find any info on what silicon part(s) folks use to replace the selenium, and what value the "new" resistor connected to the diode would need to...
  7. byoungman1

HH Scott LK-150

No affiliation, stumbled across this whilst searching for a schematic...good luck! https://www.radiolaguy.com/Showcase/Audio/Scott%20LK-150.htm
  8. byoungman1

Harman-Kardon Citation Preamp... Caps

I have an original/unmodified Citation 1 preamp that I'm going to start restoring soon. Looking for opinions re: leaving the original bumblebee coupling caps intact, or replacing them with Russian PIO's I have on hand. These look good...usually they're cracked/splitting...I always struggle with...
  9. byoungman1

"HBTim" ~ A+ AK'er

I dropped off his shiny "new" :D Fisher SA300 during my vacation trip and scheduling/meeting up was a breeze. Really nice guy to deal with, and I'm glad the amp went to a good home. Thanks again!
  10. byoungman1

BAD_Example - a Bad Example (Avoid)

Committed to buy an item from me on Jan. 9...sporadic communication...then backs out 3 weeks later, blaming me? Definitely not someone I'd want to deal with again. Bummer.
  11. byoungman1

FISHER SA-100 Restoration

I just finished rebuilding a very pretty SA-100 for a friend and thought I'd share photos. Coupling caps are Russian military PIO's. I'm really happy with the Authenticap cans vs. CE's. Definitely worth the extra ~ $20. Manual specifies 0.4 mV for DC balance...the amp was already at 0.2, and...
  12. byoungman1

New Tube Console in da House!

Not what y'all were expecting, I suspect ;) I couldn't resist; the thought of running my "sources" through an old broadcast board was just too much. I have no schematics (anybody got one?...please PM me!!), but I'll sort this thing out eventually. Lots of EF86's and input transformers! I did...
  13. byoungman1

"Greg Nal"...long overdue kudos

I'm getting caught up on feedback and wanted to post a positive review for Greg. He is one of few AK'ers I have met face to face, and is a genuinely nice person. His passion for tube gear is admirable (and is winding up with all my stuff!). Anyway, thanks Greg; looking forward to seeing you in a...
  14. byoungman1

MRL_Audio...A man of his word!

Mike has been buying from me for years now and its nice to know that when he says "I'll take it", I'll get paid. Good communication too, its great to have a buyer report that the item arrived. People like him make AK such a great "community".
  15. byoungman1

Negative for "Jeanmarie" *NO PAYMENT*

A very disappointing experience with Jeanmarie...Jean committed to buy a set of tubes on April 16th and asked if I'd be OK with waiting until May 1st for payment to be sent. I PM'ed on Thursday (5/2) and still haven't heard anything (5/7). A jeanmarie post as recent as 3 AM this morning tells...
Back
Top Bottom