Search results

1. M

That Will Do Pig

Pigtopia calls.
  2. M

Sudden rise in prices for used cd players?

Buy them while you can. I doubt the price and selection of CD's will stay this cheap forever.
  3. M

Jbl 250ti vs Infinity kappa 8

No such thing as high end Class D amps? You might want to look at what Atmasphere is doing. Ralph Karateen is building custom in house Class D modules, not off the shelf components from Purefi, NCore, or Hypex. On Audiogon Ralph writes that the class D a.ps have replaced his OTL monoblocks for...
  4. M

Ordered a Phone from the Samsung Store

I liked my LG phone, it's a shame they are gone. Have a One Note and it's OK but I liked the LG better.
  5. M

Cell Phones 2023..... What do you recommend?

Hard to go wrong with a Samsung for an affordable Android.
  6. M

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

A set of WireWorld Gold Eclipse XLR interconnects.
  7. M

Have you cleaned your cartridge body lately?

Sometimes the underside of a cartridge gets a bit dusty. I use a cosmetics brush that is dampened with a shot of glass cleaner to tidy things up.
  8. M

Had A Friend Over Listening To Cartridges

Had a good friend over listening to the stereo, actually we were going through speaker set up parameters. But we took a break to listen to some vinyl. Took out Sade King of Sorrow from her box set and decided to play it on all three cartridge combinations I have. Now each is on a different arm...
  9. M

Jbl 250ti vs Infinity kappa 8

My suspicions is that you will get different, but not significantly better. Of course, better depends on many things, such as set up of speakers in the room, the associated equipment, and complementary pairings. Finally, personal preference.
  10. M

Advice on buying used active studio monitors

I would search out your local service centers for Focal speakers and find out what the history is for that speakers internal amps are. Also find out if they rebuild them, or if you have to order replacement ones. Find out the cost and availability. As someone else said you are balancing risk of...
  11. M

The Reason My Heart Races When I See 1970s Gear: Anyone Else?

Gear can be silver without being your Grandpa's audio.
  12. M

Stereo gear was everywhere when I was growing up, much the same as it was for you. Department stores had it like JC Pennys, Jafco, and K Mart. Radio Shacks were everywhere then, kind of like convenience stores. There was independent audio stores that had consumer gear, like The Stereo Shoppe or...
  13. M

AK Member Binkman has Passed.

Prayers for his family. RIP Jeff.
  14. M

Not many 1970's pieces interest me. An iconic turntable, or a couple of tonearms maybe. Otherwise I cannot think of many compelling pieces to have. Now some tube amps from the 1960s could be of interest. Or a couple of idler drive turntables.
  15. M

My Sonic Labs cartridge and Einstein The Perfect Match phono preamp

On this site? Someone buying a My Sonic Labs cartridge? I don't think you are going to find any owners of a current top end offering. These are Denon 103 and Nagaoka MP200 people. They aren't going to be owning any Einstein Audio pieces either.
  16. M

Karcher window cleaner vs my dirty albums?

Well you can see the concept works. I wonder if the machine and attachment can generate enough strength of suction to get the liquid and contaminants from deep in the groove. It certainly sounds like a cost effective solution for you since you already have the machine.
  17. M

Questioning Folklore

Riled up. Right on cue.
  18. M

Coffee ring?

No one ever said it had to be the same album, we are just looking for a viable explanation of why there was a coffee ring. Now an alternate explanation is the album cover could have been out of sight, perhaps below the turntable on a side counter. Everyone has coffee with their cigarette...
  19. M

Coffee ring?

Because he just went gunnin for the man who stole his water, and he didn't have time to put the coffee cup in the sink?
  20. M

Questioning Folklore

Just wait till we start talking about silver fuses with a ceramic coating, power cords, and cryogenic treatment of wires and cables. People get all riled up!
  21. M

Questioning Folklore

That's another forum. You will have to go over by here to discuss their surrender.
  22. M

Questioning Folklore

Maybe because what is presented as technological breakthroughs have not always delivered as promised? The main example trotted out is the first CD players, and digital as a format. It has taken 40 over 40 years, and improvements are still being teased out of the format. The first machines were...
  23. M

Eminent technology 2 VTA adjustment

This is the manual. Haven't found the two CES awards yet. https://www.dynavector.com/etechnical/501manual.html
  24. M

Eminent technology 2 VTA adjustment

Yet on the Dynavector arms they are built with high horizontal mass and light vertical mass. No one has ever documented problems with that arm, and it was considered to be a positive attribute. It won multiple engineering awards in it's lifetime.
  25. M

Apparently I Am Collecting Interesting Out Of Production Cartridges

Eh it will all work out at the beginning of the week. I got enough cartridges as is, 6 moving coils. Plenty to keep me playing when one goes out for a retip. If I wanted one more I would.lime.to try a.stone bodies Kiseki, or even a Koetsu. Otherwise I got everything I need. I am having a bit...
Back
Top Bottom