Search results

1. patfont

KLH model 30 component compatibility with Model 6 (not the earliest version)?

I have a set of the 30's. One difference is it has an RCA speaker connector in the back and I had to upgrade to banana's. They were sold with systems, so they came with the easy hook up above. Warehouse Sound Company used to sell them in one of their systems: Marantz 1060 KLH 30's and either...
  2. patfont

Kenwood C2 basic rebuild/refresh

See Leestereo C1 rebuild: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kenwood-basic-c1-preamplifier-restoration-upgrade.609337/ see post #5
  3. patfont

Help with resistor band ID

Does anyone know what the 5th black band means on this resistor? From what I can tell they are Corning Electrosil 1/4W 2% TR4 from the RL07 series. The thing is every other time I've seen Corning RL07s they have had a white 5th band, which I think just means it has military solderable leads...
  4. patfont

Can someone ID this resistor?

Thanks! It's not here, or else I would have pulled and measured. Pat
  5. patfont

Can someone ID this resistor?

Hi, Can anyone ID brand/value of this resistor. I am just too color blind challenged. Thanks! Pat
  6. patfont

Marantz 2385 PreAmp-Tone Board (PE00) Diagnose/Repair

I would remove and clean all these circled solder areas. Make sure all is well, add a jumper wire if needed. Then resolder and check.
  7. patfont

Marantz 2245 build thread

That may be a Euro version I see that fuse board in the pic?
  8. patfont

Marantz amp board trimmers? Is there an error?

Is that unit a Euro version? I see the fuse panel along side the heatsink/amp board. I thought it was usually on the bottom?
  9. patfont

2270 phono issue?

I would make sure the 1229 is checked complete. *check all wire connections bottom of deck. *Yes Dual muting switch is a known problem. *Many are now using 2SC1815 transistors to replace the 2SC458's on the phono board per the service bulletin. (may stop hum/motor boating) *In the past 1845's...
  10. patfont

Baxandall Diode and Vbe By-pass 2015 & 2230

I would still recommend keeping stock. (see post #3) Just my two cents. Makes for better proven long term reliability and future service work if required.
  11. patfont

Got it! Did you replace any onboard transistors on that unit? That at times can put the trimmer out of range. (Actually usually)
  12. patfont

I will add another caveat: If your amplifier board/boards transistors or outputs have been changed this adds it's own twist to the situation. The trimmer will probably be out of range, and adding the mods will/can make matters worse.
  13. patfont

Marantz 2230 "Leaning tower of CAPZILLA." Show us your before and after large cap installs!

Nice, Not many of the 40mm with proper voltage around anymore.
  14. patfont

Marantz 1030 Diode Question

Any pics?
  15. patfont

Thanks Ben, I first saw this for a Sansui 2000X by @ConradH: https://conradhoffman.com/Sansui2000x_mods.htm Just a little worried about first time rebuilders adding this into the mix of a rebuild that sometimes may complicate the process. Just make sure that your receiver is able to be set...
  16. patfont

2230 - P750 Board - C760 Replacement

Randy thanks, that’s what I meant. Corrected my post.
  17. patfont

Marantz 2230 right amp board short - no volume

Lol, but then check Post #4.
  18. patfont

2230 - P750 Board - C760 Replacement

Hi, That cap is fine. Caps under 5uf will measure like that. I have measured that same value film from Marantz and it is usually 15-16 ohms.
  19. patfont

IMHO bad idea all the way around. Leave them stock! Pat
  20. patfont

Marantz 2230 right amp board short - no volume

Great job staying with it! Post #4 and post #6 by @petehall347 and @rBuckner mention this was probably the problem.
  21. patfont

Marantz 2230 "Leaning tower of CAPZILLA." Show us your before and after large cap installs!

I love bringing back each Marantz I work on to proper fit/function. The build quality on the 2230 is excellent, to get this today you would spend big $$$!!! Love the way these receivers bounce back! Here is the before and after large cap install. (The power cap was also "hot glued" in place.)...
  22. patfont

Marantz Tech In/Near Sarasota, Fl?

Which one?
  23. patfont

Marantz 1060 Restoration w/upgrades

Sweet, the 1060 looks awesome!
  24. patfont

Marantz 2215B: FM mono only issue...

Nice work, thanks for the detailed update!
Back
Top Bottom