Search results

1. G

Show us your Technics stuff

Any potential problems running this 220v equipment direct on a 240v Oz Supply?
  2. G

Techniques CD player

Your CDP model is actually an SL-PJ1 which is a more compact, less wide version of the SL-P1, SL-P2 and SL-P3. All the players contain two belts, one being the main loading motor belt for the CD tray, and the other a worm gear belt for the laser assembly. I was previously able to acquire both...
  3. G

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Hitachi HA-330 Right 152mV down to 124mV after 30 minutes Left 104mV down to 81mV after 30 minutes The service manual says "ADJUSTMENT, IDLE CURRENT, Adjust VR701 so that the voltage of both terminals of the emitter resistor R720 (0.22 ohms) of the output transistor Q707 become 8mV +- 4mV...
  4. G

Technics SU-3200, ST-3200, SL-P500 Matching amplifier/tuner set from the mid 1970's. SL-7 turntable off to the left hand side. Many many thanks to Baily (SVI2004A) for bringing the SL-P500 CD player back to life!! This setup is in one of our main rooms and pushes a set of Mordaunt-Short Pageant...
  5. G

Technics SU-7700, ST-7300, SL-P2 with Wharfedale Linton 3XP's Current little setup in the bedroom. Unfortunately no Technics speakers here, British speakers rule the roost!
  6. G

Altec Lansing Model Three help

Haven't heard of ewave until now - That sticky is heading towards 1000 pages! Might try and fix these up first for the experience and see if ewave might be a fun/economical thing to do.... have attached pictures of the mess.
  7. G

Well, opened up the cabinets, woofers are south-east asian replacements and the crossovers have been butchered to convert the 2 independent binding posts into one single 3.5mm jack. Guess I'll leave this for a rainy day and try to work out the original correct wiring. Schematic might help though.
  8. G

Thanks Zonker, Will clear some bench space and have a look inside. Hopefully it won't take too much to put in new bindings and reattach the wires. I originally thought the bindings were an integrated part of the internal board but it looks by your pic that they are made so can be dealt with...
  9. G

Hi, I found a pair of Altec Lansing Model Three's at an Op Shop today for $12. I think they are Oak veneer and the overall condition appears quite good with the woofer foam all intact. However, the rear speaker connections are all broken/missing and expect they were never tested. I haven't...
  10. G

JVC R-S77-Guts, Your observations please (PICS)

Nice contrast between clean and dirty! What was your cleaning process? Might need to give some of my stuff some attention... Would a leaking capacitor look similar to this or are there more distinct tell-tail signs?
  11. G

80's Technics Integrated Amps

Wow that was a detailed history SVI2004A! I imagine during this period there was an explosion of ideas with the dawn of digitally encoded music and accelerated adoption of integrated circuit technologies. No doubt there were some duds left in the wake, and also assume that mainstream...
  12. G

80's Technics Integrated Amps

There seems to be heaps of different SU-V... model amps issued by Technics from the start of the 80's. Does anyone know in which way they are generally grouped? Perhaps either by type, high end/low end? Having enjoyed 70's amps, would like to know a little bit more about this era and perhaps...
Back
Top Bottom