Search results

1. zeDoktor

My Play Room/Office

I love the symmetry.
  2. zeDoktor

First System

That Sansui is purty, I can't wait to see what else you rescue.
  3. zeDoktor

Mancave

Is that Cougartown? Do they allow that in a mancave? J/K ;) I really wish I had space for a bar and arcade cabinet. A MAME cab would do me wonders.
  4. zeDoktor

Greatest AMERICAN Band?

IIRC the eagles are the highest selling band in the U.S. I only like ~3 of their songs, though.
  5. zeDoktor

Vinyl only spin list

Deftones Diamond Eyes I'm very impressed with this pressing and the white vinyl is beautiful.
  6. zeDoktor

First Setup

In trying to sort out my table the left channel on my JVC seemed to give up the ghost. I hooked up all the stuff I had in boxes for my other room as well as the Denon cassette deck I just picked up. Amusingly enough after switching CDs in my Sansui player the motor no longer wants to spin the...
  7. zeDoktor

Weird Record "Wobble"

So I picked up a new stylus and made sure to ground to the chassis of my JVC and the TT sounds pretty good but I noticed that, even with new records, there is one point in the rotation that seems uneven. I did a search and found others with DD tables (I have a Dual 606) that were having similar...
  8. zeDoktor

How old, make that "YOUNG", are you guys?

26 in a few weeks
  9. zeDoktor

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Worst movie made with modern technology: The Room. By far.
  10. zeDoktor

"Thor", Who's Planning On Seeing It?

I thought Thor was pretty good. It wasn't too serious but not too goofy, either. I also have a massive crush on Natalie Portman so that might have helped. You don't know how accurate you are :)
  11. zeDoktor

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Weirded me out when I first heard that saying but "back door man" and stuff like that is meant to mean a guy involved with a married woman. Definite gay reference in contemporary vernacular, though.
  12. zeDoktor

Dual 606 Stylus Question

I picked up a 97HE for it even though I really think the one with the brush is cool. Thank you, everyone for your input. Now the waiting game.
  13. zeDoktor

Dual 606 Stylus Question

Pretty genius! The service manual for this thing is amazing but completely in German :dammit: When I get home later tonight I'll see if the interconnects are easily replaceable but I'm worried that it might be my receiver. Update I hooked the 606 up to an newer Onkyo reciever and took a quick...
  14. zeDoktor

Dual 606 Stylus Question

Thanks, David. I hesitated in ordering the stylus because I get a significant amount of hum from the turn table whenever it is connected and am unsure as to whether or not this can come from the damaged stylus or if the table's internals got knocked around during shipping. I did connect the...
  15. zeDoktor

Dual 606 Stylus Question

I found it is a Shure RXT-4 cart. Any suggestions on the stylus?
  16. zeDoktor

Dual 606 Stylus Question

I just got a Dual 606 in the mail today but the stylus seems to have gotten knocked off in the shipping and looks like it's damaged. The cartridge that it has on it right now is a Shure and it says Realistic on it. I'm trying some Google Fu but it seems to be failing a bit this late at night...
  17. zeDoktor

Did some work today

Nice! I'm in the process of rearranging my junk and getting it off the floor. Too bad I'm not functional at the moment like you are. I like the really subdued lighting. Dimmer switch or just a general lack of it?
  18. zeDoktor

PICS.....World's Ugliest Headphone Amplifier

I might try to make myself one in the coming weeks. I just picked up a set of 595's so I'll be in need.
  19. zeDoktor

PICS.....World's Ugliest Headphone Amplifier

I can dig it
  20. zeDoktor

First Setup

I got a bit antsy waiting for my TT to come in and remembered that I had my parents' old CD player from years ago (they ditched it to save space when the door stopped opening and I connected the DVD player to the receiver in the living room plus the DVD is a changer and they dig that kinda thing...
  21. zeDoktor

Thought some of y'all would find this interesting

I believe there's two companies that do this. One is http://www.holosonics.com/ I found this a few weeks ago while searching for 'hypersonic sound' by which I meant sound just above our range of hearing but they call this tech 'hypersonic sound' as well. and I think they don't make use of it...
  22. zeDoktor

Your latest additions (CD)

Last full-length album I bought was Animals As Leaders self-titles at their show in Ft. Lauderdale. I got the disc signed by Tosin and Javier so, needless to say, I haven't actually run that one through the player. Last CD I bought period was the Isis/Aereogramme split called In the Fishtank
  23. zeDoktor

Slayer

I like Reign In Blood quite a bit. Conversely I also like God Hates Us All quite a bit. The middle albums have some songs that do it for me, like Dead Skin Mask, but then other songs that don't but they're worth a listen at the very least.
  24. zeDoktor

New AKer from SoFla

Hey everyone, I'm a grad student/IT Pro from South Florida new to audio. I just pieced together my first setup which you can see here. I'm interested in quadraphonic audio and have started an LP collection based mostly on post-rock but features a little blues, jazz, classic rock, prog rock...
Back
Top Bottom