Search results

1. D

Light bulb in a crossover??????

Hi all i have a Bose Acoustimass 5 series iii the sub has 3 or 4 light bulbs in it and i can light them up with my amp. You can see the light coming from the bass port. I just had to open them up to see where the light was coming from. Don
  2. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

kward I was thinking the same thing. i will try two 12au7 tubes. What would you change To run two 12au7 tubes? I like 12au7 tubs a lot. And i have a lot of them. Don
  3. D

Free Optmus 990

Hi All I bought some new PRV D230 Ti s drivers and got free small horn. they came in the mail today. i hooked them up, and they sound nice. i also add l-pads to let me adjust the tweeter driver's output. after installing the L-pads and some adjustments the tweeter really knocks me...
  4. D

magnavox Horns

Hi All i got a pair of PRV D230TI-S horns driver and horns today in the mail.. got some 8ohm L-pads in the mail two days ago. Is the mail man Santa Clause? he always brings me what i want. well i been doing some A~B Testing kinda. But i do like these PRV Horn Drivers. i have new...
  5. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

i found the right schematic. and i found one with voltages. it shows 150K Resister at R,10,11 not 300K. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ it all so shows the 100K pot at input. Don
  6. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

HI rothwellaudio you know i did not check, so i went and checked. The R Numbers, C Numbers are all wrong, but the circuit checked out with all the resistors are the right value and in the right places. the silk screen is right. this is a pre-amp. i will bring it up to test as is...
  7. D

magnavox Horns

HI All Update: after seeing a picture of a set of horns like i have on ebay, and seeing the word JAPAN cast in the metal horn i pulled my out Well look what we have here. JAPAN cast into the horn it self. i was looking for paint or sticker. It is a japan made horn. Foster then? i ordered...
  8. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

Hi All I built up the preamp pc board Sunday Night. it took me about an hour to assemble and a 45 min to make some changes. I moved the caps from the top of the pc board to the bottom. now i can use stand offs to mount the pc board and the top of the tube sockets will be level with chassis. I...
  9. D

magnavox Horns

You are probable right about these horns but it is best horns i have at this time. I do not detect any distortion in the horns or woofer so not that bad. unlike some of the high Dollar speakers i have had Back in the late 50's and early 60's the Magnavox consoles where $600 to over $1000 in...
  10. D

magnavox Horns

No. It seems to be glued on. i can't move it. I got the speaker cabinet for free to haul off, the Magnavox 15" woofer, horns and crossover came form a console setting by a dumpster Free. i gave $10 + $0.70 tax for the Bose passive sub woofer at GW. This the best $10.70 speaker i have owned...
  11. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

70's AUDIO that's ok with me. we are talking low voltage B+ preamps. My bad 12AX7 and 12AU7
  12. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

70"sAUDIO IT'S OK with me. thats what we were talking about low voltage B+ preamps My bad 12ax7 and 12au7.
  13. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

the transformer has 2 wires 115v input. 2 wires 6.3v NO ct and 3 B+ wires one is ct. no 5v. on the preamp pc board, pin 9 is locked to a common ground. so the question is with pin 9 tided to a common ground and no ct on 6.3v line. each filament will only see 3.15v . 6.3 volts has no...
  14. D

magnavox Horns

] No Japan anywhere. just Magnavox. after you put some speaker fill in them they sound nice. mine are 16 ohm. hear for your self. Bose passive sub, magnavox 15" woofer and horn and the Magnavox crossover. i took them out of a magnavox console. yes two way. camera mic used. tube amp only 9302...
  15. D

12volt dc tube preamp?

Hi me again. I got my $12.55 Preamp kit to day. on the filament they have pin 9 grounded to common ground. the transformer i am using has 6.3 v No Center Tap. with pin 9 grounded and no center tap. would it be best to switch to 6v dc ground 6v- and run 6v+ to pin 4 and 5 like the pictures...
  16. D

jbl l65 jubal vs. jbl l100

i had a pair of JBL L65 Jubal back in the late 1970'S. i let a friend talk me out of them. he gave me a fair price. but i would like to have them back. O Well.
  17. D

magnavox Horns

Hi All Who makes these horn's? no number just some kinda logo. not Jensen. Jensen makes a pair jest like them but Jensen stamps a number on theirs. i think i read a long time back that logo is fostex or foster speakers. i have a pair i have been using for a while now. these are good...
  18. D

cheap EV Speakers?

i guess i don't any EV speakers after all. i put a Magnavox 15" console speaker with the console horn tweeter and the Magnavox crossover. and what did get. MAGNAVOX IN A BOX! you be the judge . Don
  19. D

Free Optmus 990

here is a video. camera mic but is is Dolby Stereo. this my first time i have tried to make movie or record my stereo. so be kind. this a Frankenstein speaker system but it works. Don
  20. D

Free Optmus 990

Magnavox 15" woofer & horns - gem or junk? I have a pair of 15" Magnavox no 581519-1 and the matching horns tweeters. i did remove the crossover when i pulled the speakers. all for free. i have the woofers and tweeter and crossover in a old gutted optimus 990 speakers cabinets. the magnavox...
  21. D

cheap EV Speakers?

i have been seeing a lot of EV speakers on ebay lately. i was just wondering if any of the lower priced and newer 15" woofers have some of the stuff that made the high priced older speakers famous. what EV 15" woofer that is common on ebay that has these criteria. 1 highest spl 2...
  22. D

Vintage Mid-Century Bozak B300 Speakers - $250 (Pekin, IN)

just spotted these speakers http://bloomington.craigslist.org/ele/5792425200.html
  23. D

Old Console Stereo

if i had my EX-WIFE'S check book it would be mine. i would give 10 grand. not even knowing what kind of amp it has. lol Don
  24. D

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

how a bout a pair of 1957 Jensen P10R's in a $10 Hammond organ. ribbed and plan cone, these would make a tweed clone amp sing. there is some guitar player that's dreaming of these speakers. i going to find him. lol
  25. D

2 Hammond tube organ

EastPoint is this what you want. Don
Back
Top Bottom