Search results

1. C

Need some aid with a NAD 7400 and power switch info added!

Since this was put away in storage someone used it in some way, put it back, and now its a dead puppy. Hooked up to a DBT I have never seen a bulb go full bright then immediately black. I can hear the relay clik as that happens. Tried the DBT with the pre/main clips pulled, but no difference...
  2. C

Harman Kardon 330B lamp error?

I'm finishing up a 330B recap, but I only have one lamp out so I did not do a LED upgrade. I am wondering if there is an error in the lamp specs? The indicator for FM is out, all others work. I could change say the phono with the FM but the specs call for a 60v30ma for the indicators, whereas...
  3. C

HK 330B and 430 power switches?

The Sherwood receivers have the issue of a tab breaking within the combo volume/power switch. I have a recapped 430 in daily use, and working on a 330B rebuild. Are there any power switch issues with the HK receivers? Both of mine are firm and functioning correctly, but if necessary I would use...
  4. C

Garlic planting time again!!

I’m about a week or so away from garlic going in the ground. I’m waiting for soil test results to come back from the AG service. I always order early from my preferred supplier, and I also have saved some of the season harvest from back in June to carry over special types. What I mean by early...
  5. C

Dimbulb Timing?

Using a 60w bulb and getting an indication of a short, is there an amount of time allowable to do some quick measurements such as which channel may be problematic or voltage readings on specific points? Or is it better to follow up with trying to take each output channel out of circuit and then...
  6. C

Recording and tuning cable services?

I really don’t know where to post this, so I hope the title explains the premise? Our local cable service, internet and tv, is known for it’s generally poor return for the price, ergo, many of us have been chasing the fiber optic company that started advertising service “coming soon” to your...
  7. C

Leaving Ebay feedback?

When leaving feedback, whether positive or negative, does the seller automatically get that feedback, or do they have to look for it? Just curious
  8. C

MP3 and Flac playback from same source?

If I take my ITunes MP3 files, and add Flac files of new stuff, do the two playback ok together, such as using a random play mix? In this case, at 72 my hearing is fine, but the Flac side of the question more so relates to file size, not necessarily quality. Actually, thinking about this a bit...
  9. C

Let's face it, it's not Ebay's fault!

At least I don't think so. I bid on a new sealed in-box laptop 12/6, made an offer, accepted, and paid! Two emails to seller requesting tracking and shipping info so I can be around to get the package....crickets! 12/14 started an Ebay 'item not received' so Ebay contacted the...
  10. C

reading ma lamp values?

I need to switch out a 6v/30ma lamp which only lasted a couple weeks? This is for a stereo indicator lamp on a SX-434. I have various ma lamps acquired from dwojo in most cases. I plan on trying a 6.3v/50ma? OR 8v/50ma. I have both of these? now most of these are still in the package it came in...
  11. C

QX-8000A project? or another Pioneer frustration debacle?

OK, I can get around enough to both get in trouble and/or get enough help to usually avoid the magic smoke. This is a 4-channel unit, you remember those days? Background is I bought 7 pieces from a guy who just wanted to sell his house and didn't want them to go to salvage, so as nice and low as...
  12. C

Klipsch .5 speakers Last post for answers?

One horn tweeter is toast, measures 54 ohms, other one which works is 7.9 ohm I can order a pair of diaphragms from china, or is there a substitution available, perhaps from Parts Express that will work? Did these originally have Ferrofluid?
  13. C

Fedex Shipping debacle

I typically use Fedex, and thru the years only had one claim. Box arrived in perfect condition, but the amp packed inside, with appropriate foam and air wrap, was dropped so hard, perfectly on one end, that the transformer bent it's mount, and a large cap torqued so much it cracked the board...
  14. C

SX-434 blue Sanyo caps in tuner?

While laid up after knee surgery, I decided to do some work on a 434 I have. I am working on the recap list found in the threads and lists in the docs thread. I picked up on Larry’s 434recap list, as well as the info that the EOC is not avail so go to Wima films, easy enough to do. It appears...
  15. C

Chef's Knives! Quality Pays!

I've had an assortment of Knives for years, all selected for quality and a keeping a good edge! After running them thru the Chef's Sharpener, of which I have wore one out before this one, I thought i would see what others have! A good knife pays for itself over and over!!!
  16. C

Straighten a bent aluminum tuning shaft?

I did find some info on another thread about using a deep well socket to tweak a shaft back.....maybe. https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/help-with-a-bent-volume-pot-shaft-on-sx-850.184425/#post-2130539 But my thought is a variation on that, and I would like some opinions. See...
  17. C

G-6700 help!

I picked up some equipment from someone who simply wanted the stuff gone, so the house could go on the market. Nice enough old guy, like me! Except so far all the power equipment have issues! Old guy my as.! Anyway, G-6700, in fine cosmetic shape, so I looked around a bit under the hood, some...
  18. C

Need dust cover dimension for Miracord 50H

I’m working on a 50H and will be building a new plinth soon. I already have a dust over for my 770H, which is the larger dc for the 50H II and 770H, but need the out to out dimensions of the smaller 50H dust cover. Height isn’t necessary. I currently do not have a dc for the 50H, and could build...
  19. C

Miracord 770H back to life!

This doesn't belong in the Elac/Miracord thread, because it's more of a journey!! Most of us obsess about our restorations, some are incredible, some are ahh....but there are always the one that was a F..... PIA. No pics, just comment here. When I was in CT, I bought a 770H in the box from a...
  20. C

EBa. return shipping sign-up. WTH

I guess I’ve been pretty lucky with Amazon, because any return is a simple process. But, I received an item purchased on Eba. Wrong color, and not usable. So the seller says start a return for replacement so they can provide a shipping label. Seems ok, until you have to lock in your PP account...
  21. C

In-Rush Limiter?

I have used a couple of these in the past, and recently thought about size? I don’t remember how I sized my earlier use, but wondered if any in-rush limiter is better than no limiter, as well as too high a rating is still better than a full-bore power on?
  22. C

New Laptop. MAC?

A couple of my Thinkpads have died, and for their age they are toast. I have one Toshiba pentium laptop, which just runs and runs. Still not sure what to do with my 17" Sager AMD early IDE drive, that sob cost $2500 new, and now it's a boat anchor. Considering going to something like a MACBook...
  23. C

Miracord 770H arm not tracking? Pics included.

As time allows, I continue work on my 770H. Because it is my secondary TT, I seem to get sidetracked and eventually get back to it. I built a new plinth for it, in the 'Miracord tell all about it' thread. Anyway, I have a tonearm issue, and a 770H service manual is non-existant. The 50H II is...
  24. C

The impressive pricing of goods from Japan!

This may have been brought up before, but a quik search didn't show anything. Right now on eprey there are two listings for ZuAudio TT cables, both must have a gold-wire ground? Both are 1.2M, which is what 4.5' and listed at $799 and $650. AND FREE SHIPPING I'm so excited I can't accurately...
  25. C

Elac Miracord 770H Service Manual?

Does anyone have a 770H service manual? Although my table is up and running, and I figured out a minute adjustment, I need info for the neon lamp that illuminates the speed ring. The 50H II is damn close, and is a synchronous motor unit with a speed lamp, but it is not the same. In the pic is...
Back
Top Bottom