Search results

1. V

Acoustic Research M5 holographic imaging speakers

I am not familiar with your Yamaha speakers, but if they are in a classic front-facing box configuration, then your soundstage with the replacement with the M-5's will blossom from 2 very discrete sound sources to a high, wide and deep wall of sound, that makes the speakers disappear, according...
  2. V

Marantz 2230 Receiver Michigan Pat's wonderful experience with his 2230 driving his M-5's rang a bell for me. There was an article in either the Stereophile or The Absolute Sound in the last year about the decreasing quality of amplification in receivers these days. They are being packed with...
  3. V

WATT's in You M-5/M6?! A lot of the perception that the M5's bass is too polite stems from the quantity and quality of watts you feed them, in my experience. Since I first got my first set of M5's I have upgraded from an inexpensive JVC 5-channel AVR, to a 6.1 Marantz SR 7200, then to a 7.2...
  4. V

Question ??Acoustic Research M6 Holographic Image speakers

I have to agree with Michigan Pat in his description of the M5's. They do have very respectable and deep bass response. They sound thin only in comparison to lower-quality speakers that have a mid-bass boom built into their response to give the impression of "strong" bass and cover up for their...
  5. V

AR M6 Sonic Holography Speakers

Unfortunately, I know for a fact that the internal bandpass woofers in the M series have a foam surround. I am buying a pair from a genteleman in E-bay that temporarily pulled his from selling because he found out that the foam surrounds had rotted, and is repairing them.
  6. V

Almost finished! I got a Marantz SR 7200 AV receiver since my last post. 105 wp(6)c's rms. Big improvement sound wise over previous JVC. Accidentally won a mint condition Acoustic Research Performance AR-S112PS - Subwoofer - 120 Watt for $25 plus shipping. Knew in the first 5 minutes what I...
  7. V

How about something like this T-Shirt next year

I love the T-shirt design. I used to live in West Bloomfield Township!! had cousins that used to live in Novi.
  8. V

AR M1/M2/M3 M3 Holographic Imaging monitors?

Acoustic Research Holographic Imaging M6 Speakers I know it's been a long time, but if you still have those M6's I would be interested in buying them. Are they still available?
  9. V

M Series surround material Got the MC1 center channel and M4 pair I bid on in E-Bay. I was able to verify that the surround material on the woofer in the M4 is rubber, not foam. I am going to assume that that is the same for the M5's and the M6's now. Installed the MC1 into the system, and...
  10. V

More is better!! After my last post, i finally located a reasonably-priced, good condition MC1 on E-bay. Best news is it was part of a set that included similar condition M4's at @ $200 for the set. Didn't really need the M4's. For the time being, I'm moving the M3's into a smaller system in my...
  11. V

M3 & M5's After reading posts on this and other speakers in the series, I bought a pair of M3's on E-Bay for $76 in like-new condition. Previous my best sounding system had Acoustic Research AR5 and AR6 speakers. While these do not have quite the low bass output of the AR5's, in every other way...
  12. V

AR M3 speakers value

Acoustic Research Holographic Imaging M3 & M5 Speakers After reading posts on this and other speakers in the series, I bought a pair of M3's on E-Bay for $76 in like-new condition. Previous my best sounding system had Acoustic Research AR5 and AR6 speakers. While these do not have quite the...
Back
Top Bottom