Search results

1. J

Upgrading an Audio Technica ATLP120, advice & recommendations please.

Sorry, I got it confused with another table I was looking at. I came across another table by AT / Drop Carbon VTA that I really like. Right now I'm stuck between the Carbon VTA, Music Hall MMF 1.5, and the AT-LPW50PB
  2. J

Thanks for all the replies. I already sold my ATLP120. I have my choices narrowed down to the AT-LPW50PB or a Fluance. I did check out the Music Hall table, but don't want a table with the DJ features like the ATLP120 had.
  3. J

Hello guys. I started out with a silver Audio Technica ATLP120 & was happy with it for many years but the anti-skate was completely non-functioning. When the gloss black version came out, I upgraded because I liked color much more & assumed the anti-skate would work thinking I just had bad luck...
  4. J

newbie questions about anti-skate (Audio-Technica AT-PL120)

So you're saying it's normal for DJ turntables to have a non working anti-skate? Are you an AT rep?
  5. J

BTW, Technics must know that the 1200's are considered one of the best turntables ever made & the high price they sell for even for a used one. As far as I know Technics are still producing electronics so why not make more of these tables?
  6. J

That is what I assumed. AT is basically saying it is common knowledge that all DJ Turntables are supposed to have an extremely weak anti-skate. It's nothing but an excuse for a poorly made anstti-skate.
  7. J

I really wouldnt call it a 'cheap knockoff'. Did a lot of research before I purchased it & it got great reviews everywhere. Other than the anti-skate, it really is a good table. I did have an issue with a warped platter with one of them, but they sent me a new one. The anti-skate issue really...
  8. J

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I recently contacted AT about this problem and they actually told me if I wanted a turntable with working anti skate to buy their $500 turntable. Hi James, Thanks for the inquiry and contacting Audio-Technica U.S., Inc (ATUS.) The AT-LP120-USB...
  9. J

The antiskate pretty much does nothing at all. This is the first real turntable Ive owned and to me it sounds fine, to someone who is educated on them might have a different opinion. I dont really know what I'm supposed to be listening for.
  10. J

Ive had this turntable now for over a year and I don't think the anti skate even works. I use the green AT95E cartridge it came with and no matter where I set the antiskate the tonearm will always swing back towards the resting position when floating. Another problem I have is with balancing...
  11. J

Show us your Technics stuff

I have a black pair of SB-A33's in mint condition I need to sell off. They are the only black set I've seen. If interested send me a PM. I'm in Long Island.
  12. J

Replace NEW Pioneer receiver with an OLD Technics ??

So I'm hoping you guys can help me make a decision... I have 2 systems. 1-My main home theater (Pioneer 1019AH receiver, Sony SA-WM40 subwoofer, Definitive Technology ProMonitor/ProCenter1000's). Video equip doesnt matter here). 2-System dedicated just to audio (SU-G91 Integrated Amp...
  13. J

How do you guys take such nice pictures with no glare? Anyway, Just sold off my 5 disc changer and replaced it with the 110 disc mega-changer...
  14. J

I just picked up the Technics 110 CD changer so I no longer need my SL-PD827. Would anyone be interested in it?
  15. J

You have a nice setup.. your living room reminds me of something from A Clockwork Orange though!
  16. J

Technics SU-G91

I have been using the speaker B inputs as someone suggested which works good. I would however like to fix the soeaker a inputs but I dont know what "dry joint" means. They just need to be re soldered?
  17. J

some more pics...
  18. J

Thanks. Even though the turntable is grounded, I am getting a hum when playing at high volume. Might have to move the speakers further away.
  19. J

Technics SB-A32 info

I just picked up a pair of SB-A33's that I found on Craigslist for $90. The specs are identical to what you have listed. I have seen this model in wood color, but mine are black. Very nice speakers.
  20. J

Just completed this system today with a pair of SB-A33's. SU-G91 Integrated Amp ST-K50 Tuner SH-GE70 EQ SL-PD827 5 Disc Changer SL-BD20D Turntable SB-A33 Speakers
  21. J

Help me choose a pair of speakers...

I found a pair of Technics SBA-33's on Craigslist. Negotiated down to $90. Picking them up saturday. Thanks for all the input.
  22. J

I took everyones advice and have been looking on craigslist also and found a set of Technics SB A33's. Sent the guy a couple of messages but havent gotten a response yet. BTW, I wouldnt really call it a "starter system"... and it's already setup. SU-G91 Integrated Amp ST-K50 Tuner SH-GE70 EQ...
  23. J

Thanks for the input. Any particular reason why?
  24. J

Damn man, sometimes getting a simple answer to a simple question is close to impossible on these forums. First of all, the 6000's are $119. The 5000's are $100, so you exaggerate by $100. As I said twice already, these speakers will be used with a secondary system and I do not need anything even...
  25. J

OK please. If you HAD to choose either model which one and why??
Back
Top Bottom