Search results

1. timblade68

Interesting experiment

cool stuff there....
  2. timblade68

Hearing Aids, general discussion

I just joined the hearing aids world, local VA clinic prescribed and set up a pair of Starky AI 4 and I have been wearing them about 2 weeks. The 1st few days spent getting my brain used to the sounds that were otherwise muted or lower than normal. Was a real 'ear' opener for sure. I have really...
  3. timblade68

most creative album covers

ASIA - Astra
  4. timblade68

Yamaha M-40 amp-Replace broken speaker lug.

Yes, a full recap including the very large one's. Over the years it developed quite a few ring cracks on the solders, I used a magnifier\light combo to find them all and reflow the baddies.
  5. timblade68

Yamaha M-40 amp-Replace broken speaker lug.

Gr8t amp, still run my M40 purchased in the mid 80's.
  6. timblade68

Yamaha AS501 Feet Upgrade

I've always been a leg man myself, but, oh those feet, nice!
  7. timblade68

KEF 105/3 Tweeter Ferrofluid Replacement - NT25 SP1240

The most amazing part of this for me was watching the fluid stream perfectly into the gap.
  8. timblade68

Best kind of resistor to use in signal path?

I can't vouch for the best but, I am super satisfied using vishay-dale on the preamp tone board.
  9. timblade68

$2,000 speaker cables

Do not forget the 'cast-pio-Cu/Ag hybrid ECap'.
  10. timblade68

Free PC Based Sinewave Generator Software

I found this one at sourceforge: AUDio MEasurement System download | SourceForge.net I wish I knew more about how to use it.
  11. timblade68

Calibration using Software program AudMES

Can anyone advise if the following would be possible to do using the 'AUDMES' software program using the sinewave output? (& how would you set it correctly) thanx! AUDio MEasurement System download | SourceForge.net input the sine wave signal of 1kHz +5dBm (1.378Vrms) to input jack.
  12. timblade68

What tv show are you currently binging?

I've been cycling through Disney+....Iron Fist - Jessica Jones - Luke Cage - Dare Devil, when done, I will move over to Agents of Shield - Moon Night. Also Star Trek Discovery - Picard - Halo on Paramount+
  13. timblade68

Yamaha CDX-1030 Where is the belt?

:beerchug:
  14. timblade68

Here ya go. (you may want to take out the screw that attaches the white wire (top right side on pic) also.
  15. timblade68

You have to remove the screws that secure the drive (it also helps to have the drawer open at this point), then push the entire drive forward (the door will slide thru the front opening but not completely out of the front panel). The belt will be seen under the drive assembly, just tilt it up a...
  16. timblade68

NAD 7240PE Recap

Agreed, the oem vr's are garbage as they age, and +1 on the cerafine caps, my ears like how they sound.
  17. timblade68

DBX / Dyanamic Range Expanders with low-res digital audio (e.g. Pandora)?

I use my dbx 4bx every time I listen to Pandora, it is perfect.
  18. timblade68

DIY Television repair

Darn Samkon & Sampo caps.....
  19. timblade68

Yamaha DSP-A3090 in the House

For the spots - try cleaning with 'invisible glass' and a soft cloth, then polish with something like 'Turtle Wax 2001', not perfect results but it will be a bit better.
  20. timblade68

Why I'm finding myself appreciating the CD format (again)

++CD's for me (and streaming)
  21. timblade68

What's the big deal with Black Gate Caps?

:music: using KAISEI in a Yamaha M40 amp here :music:
  22. timblade68

Yamaha c4 problems.

Hard to tell for sure by the pic, you may have a solder ring crack - move your finger up 1 solder tab then left along the trace - look closer at that one.
  23. timblade68

Anyone using Equalizer APO?

Equalizer APO is very good indeed - also check out Viper for Windows, another amazing piece of audio software.
  24. timblade68

Capacitor sound?

They will bring your Yamaha amps back to within a hairs width of the original sonics, they sound really sweet and are worth the $$$. My M40 amp loves it. *honorable 2d runner up is the Nichicon Super Through cap they sound very nice and rank just a shade or so below the Kaisei IMHO.
  25. timblade68

Capacitor sound?

Use audio note Kaisei caps in place of the BG's.
Back
Top Bottom