Search results

1. tonebells

Model 18 MPX Oscillator Question

I am working on an 18. The stereo light would not come on. I tried adjusting the threshold but no joy. I could tell someone had adjusted L501 as the bees wax was gone. I tweaked it a bit and the stereo lamp came on. Being a tuner noob I don't know what L501 is doing. Is there anything critical...
  2. tonebells

Marantz 250 meter repair or replacement!

I have one that the coil has gone high resistance. Has anyone had luck with repair service or replacement? Tony
  3. tonebells

LuxmanRX-102 FM issues

I am having issues with a Luxman RX-102 tuner. No FM without mute off, no signal meter or stereo indicator. So far I can see that I have voltage for signal strength to the input of R726. It is basically 0 at the out of R726. It does change when adjusting VR702. The FM shares the same signal...
  4. tonebells

1200B tantalum polarity?

Cap 527 is a tantalum. The first picture is of two boards from different amps. It looks to me that the blue one is plus to the left and the tan one the dot says the plus is to the right from what I read. The board layout shows the plus going to the signal shield and the schematic shows the...
  5. tonebells

Marantz 18 Relay?

Has anyone ever replaced them with modern? Original is a Sigma 6 Volt DC 1 amp. Coil is 400Ω. Pulls in at around 5.1 volts and draws .015amps. Tony
  6. tonebells

Marantz Model Twenty Eight outputs?

Has anyone come up with a good sub for 2sc830 outputs? Type Designator: 2SC830 Material of Transistor: Si Polarity: NPN Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 25 W Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 50 V Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 50 V Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage...
  7. tonebells

Ray Gianelli is great to deal with!

I bought an HP 8903 Audio Analyzer from Ray Gianelli. Vary easy deal. It was great to finally meet. Tony
  8. tonebells

Sencore SG165 Need parts help.

Dose anyone know a replacement for L308. I think it is a .15uh variable choke. The one in my unit had something all up in it. I cleaned it up and I can almost get the tuning adjusted but it freaks out when I get it almost dialed in. Any help would be appreciated. Tony
  9. tonebells

Tinman Does It Again!

Tinman came through with a great HP 334A. Well packaged and shipped quickly. Thanks Tinman. Tony
  10. tonebells

Marantz model twenty six outputs

I have a 26 with blown 2SD257s. KSC2334Y look like they should work. Has anyone tried them? Any other ideas? Tony
  11. tonebells

Model 1200/240/250 Differential Pair & Balance Pot Repair

I am working on a 1200 that had both amps at the rail voltage. Little Diode is the only place I can find 2N5961s at about $40.00 for ten. I read a post from 2009 by EchoWars stating that ZTX694B was also a good sub. I did not see anyone report the successful use of the ZTX694B. If anyone knows...
  12. tonebells

Marantz Model 19 Service Manual

Does anyone know where I can find a clean copy. The free copy is hard to make out the board pictures. Tony
  13. tonebells

Ray Gianelli is a Great Seller

Ray is great to deal with. Does a fantastic job with packing as well. Thanks Ray Tony
  14. tonebells

RS Steve Great Seller

I pickup a pair of DQ-10s from Steve a fews ago. As alway easy to deal with and he is happy to show all of his cool collection. Thanks Steve Tony
  15. tonebells

Model 15 not quite right

I started working on this 15 sometime ago http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-model-fifteen-repair.645700/. I ordered some parts then never got back to it. Well I got it back together and it plays music and runs cool. However the bias will not come up and I have ~+6 volts...
  16. tonebells

ryanward84 has got the goods

I bought some Sylvania 6L6GC from Ryan. I am very pleased with the tubes. Shipping was fast and well packed. Tony
  17. tonebells

New power switch for old 18

Marantz Model 18 SN# 18-5591 Before It takes some modification but I think this switch https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/979-100.1201 worked out pretty well. First I tweaked the terminals and trimmed the bakelite to make it fit so that on and off were in the correct position. Then I...
  18. tonebells

Sunfire True Subwoofer MKII Repair

I have a shorted MC34004BP looking for opinions on a substitute. link to data sheet https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/12068/ONSEMI/MC34004BP.html Thanks Tony
  19. tonebells

AssUMe

Don't assume that because Marantz boards have the same numbers that Marantz used the same voltage to feed that board in all units. Some one gave me a 2010 that looked like the house it was in had a fire. Black all over the boards and the plastic inside some of the knobs had melted. The tuner was...
  20. tonebells

ccheath best packing ever!

I bought a Marantz 2325 from ccheath. It was a very smooth transaction. It was also the very best packing job I have see. Do not hesitate in dealing with ccheath. Tony
  21. tonebells

Marantz 18 Amp Issue

I am at a standstill and don't know where to look next. The issue is when the unit is turned on there is a hum for a few second. Then the relay opens closes and then it plays fine. The voltage on the right channel goes up until the relay opens then goes near zero and plays well. Driver board...
  22. tonebells

Rob Gillum, former dir of manufacturing for Thiel, launches firm to service Thiel speakers

Just an FYI. https://www.cepro.com/article/thiel_closes_speakers_coherent_source_service?utm_source=CEPWeekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content&eid=343805877&bid=2004633 Tony
  23. tonebells

Marantz 18 Transformer Rewind. Any Success Stories?

I picked up an 18 with no transformer. I have a shorted transformer from a parts unit that I would like to have rewound. I was hoping to hear from someone that had a rewind turn out well. Tony
  24. tonebells

Thanks Tinman

I picked up a new to me Hameg HM203-6 Oscilloscope from Tinman. It is great, very clean. It took a lot of work to get the unit out of the packing but it made the trip in perfect shape. Thanks Tinman Tony
  25. tonebells

Marantz Model 18

I picked up an 18 (18-3012) from @nolasally and it needs some work. What I know so far Scope is dead Voltages to the scope board are good One of the fets Q1201/4 had been replaced with a depletion mode mosfet. Scope driver board done. Found bad vertical trim pot. Scope is now working...
Back
Top Bottom