Search results

1. Wolfwood

Vintage Jensen DIY open baffle towers

The horn/midrange/cabinet woofer are very quiet through their original crossovers. I recently purchased a non-tarred a645 crossover in hopes of reverse engineering the original crossover design to update with modern capacitor and inducter. The Jensen Coaxials sound absolutely amazing on their...
  2. Wolfwood

Vintage Jensen DIY open baffle towers

Been working on these for the last month. Cabinet and baffles made from 3/4 inch MDF. Each tower has - 2 H223f Coaxial units 1 RP 103b Horn 1 P8UM Midrange 1 C12NF Low Range Woofer in cabinet. Sorry, lighting is crap in listening space.
  3. Wolfwood

Miller & Kreisel MX-150 The Guts & The Glory

I am troubleshooting a no-sound issue on a Miller & Kreisel MX150 mkII. Before anything I checked the motion of the front woofer to find that the voice coil was stuck. Not rubbing but darn STUCK. ( figuring it was just a shifted plate issue ) I removed the magnets and plate, voice coil looked...
  4. Wolfwood

Vintage Jensen coaxial question. What the heck is this thingy?

I've had a pair of Jensen Coaxials (model h223f) for a decade now. They've mostly just sat around, not making much of a fuss. Minding their own business. These speakers sound quite good for their age and technology. The woofer is Jensen's 12" FLEXAIR woofer. Apparently these "flexair"...
  5. Wolfwood

Polk SDA/SRS 3.1TL First session

Purchased this set last week from a fella on Offerup out of San Tan Valley AZ. Tweeters needed replacing, just attached a new pair today. Sound pretty good.
  6. Wolfwood

My ceiling speakers have 4 binding posts. (RIN) (LIN) How to wire them ?

Oh I see. So 1 pair of wire, jump the positive and negative of each coil for series. Jump the positives together and negatives together for parallel. Give a man a fish... feed him for a day. Teach a man basic electrical theory, and he'll install fish for a lifetime. ty sensei *bows...
  7. Wolfwood

Im glad that is an option here. This has been a nice beginning lesson in dual voice coils. Thank you again opnly. I was so bafld. ;)
  8. Wolfwood

I had originally intended on powering 4 maybe 5 speakers through a Yamaha RX-v2400 home theatre receiver, but she wont be able to run 2 pairs of wires to each. I don't think the amplifiers on the 7.1 Rx-v2400 can handle these in parallel. At the moment I think I'm restricted to a single pair of...
  9. Wolfwood

OH! I do remember the online brochure I found mentioning dual voice coils. ok so woah. I may not have enough amplification for all these speakers. Thank you so much for the info.
  10. Wolfwood

Thinking about it now, there are Outputs and Inputs here... Positive is in, Negative is out. Right? Have I answered my own question? lol This is a setup for parallel and/or series wiring, right? That's gotta be it... >.>
  11. Wolfwood

Howdy AK. It's been a while. Too long :) I recently purchased x10 of these in-ceiling speakers for install in my brother's place. ( MM 650d ) Elan in-ceiling speakers. There is very little installation instruction online regarding these units. ( Plenty of instruction on mounting them but not...
  12. Wolfwood

Go BIG or Go Home....

You know vinyl is back when they are printing How To Train Your Dragon soundtracks ! Btw: you cant drive those woofers with ambition alone ! ;) You must have a beefy power source in mind. Good score
  13. Wolfwood

Phoenix ALERT - KEF 105 II on craigslist

I have no affiliation with the posting. Just giving AK a heads up. Ya dont see a pair of those come up for sale often; at a decent price even. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/4888703283.html
  14. Wolfwood

Headphones in the $200 - $300 range ?

Ive been searching around for my options in this price range. As of right now, I have come up with a short list. - Beyerdynamic dt 880 premium @ 250 ohm - Akg k701 @ 32 ohm ? - Sennheiser HD 598 @ 32 ohm ? - Hifiman HE 400 @ 32 ohm ? I guess what I am asking is, are there other good...
  15. Wolfwood

New trying to look Vintage

... you know its worth it when the speakers are mirrored ! hehe
  16. Wolfwood

Awesome Denon Deal near San Francisco

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/eld/4741468630.html This is not my posting. Trust me ! These Denon PMA - 777's are truly awesome amps, and if they are in good shape... If only I lived near there. No lies, I would purchase every one ! Too greedy ? sorry ! Anywho, if you live near...
  17. Wolfwood

Welcome home SARA st-100s

They are very close in grain and color. They are from the same era I believe. ( mid to late 70's ) Not quite sure what wood veneer was used. I would like to know though, and I need to look up more info on refurbishing old cabinets. As you most likely noticed, there is (or what I think may...
  18. Wolfwood

I tried plugging the ports and they did reduce the bass. Almost too much ! After some back and forth and playing with placement, I have come to the decision that I need to rethink all speaker placement throughout my home ! Getting closer to the " golden ratio " really opens up while tightening...
  19. Wolfwood

Mad Max 4 - Fury Road Boom Truck

Yeah, I knew as I was typing that last comment up... " say they did make a new mad max movie " ( it would probably fall well short of fan's expetations ! ) ( no mel ? )
  20. Wolfwood

Mad Max 4 - Fury Road Boom Truck

You had me all excited for a new mad max movie that doesnt exist ! great pic though :D
  21. Wolfwood

Just did a quick binding post upgrade. Pulled a couple posts from an unused pair of crossovers I had lying around. While I was looking for an entry point... voila ! Found the crossovers conveniently located under the bottom panel of the cabs. Not really sure what is what in there but it looks...
  22. Wolfwood

Welcome home SARAS st-100s Came across them on Craigslist. Seller recently inherited a great many things, part of which were these SARAS of America ST-100s. The fella did not have a price listed for them so called and chatted with him for a while. Instead of coming up with a number himself, he...
  23. Wolfwood

What track do you use to test a speaker's bass responce? (post youtube link!)

I really admire the resonance Kamal presents in " Tides of time " from the Quiet Earth Album. Though it's not your BOOM BOOM bass. More like rolling thunder or the low resonating of a giant yet precise machine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ4U0vZ7ERA ( you may have to click on a...
  24. Wolfwood

Wiring the new warehouse, or, cement ceilings are tough !

I thought of some sort of epoxy or glue but I didnt think of hot glue. It could work, but it would have to harden fast, and have to hold up the weight of over 50' of 14 awg cable. Do you think the hot glue method can hold that sort of weight ? I fear the mess I would make trying to smother the...
  25. Wolfwood

Wiring the new warehouse, or, cement ceilings are tough !

I was thinking something along the same line, but the plastic anchor bit is a better idea than my own. I was just going to drill some holes and anchor the straps straight into the cement like ive been doing for conduits. I jsut didnt want to lug that hammer drill around... not after this...
Back
Top Bottom