Search results

1. Cosmos

Is it possible to have ONE favorite pair of speakers ?

Possible - sure. However, Speakers are ALWAYS a trade-off. you give up something to get something else. For instance, I don't think you'll hear a clearer, smoother sound than a good electrostatic speaker produces, but they lack dynamics. Listening to Norah Jones at a modest volume level and she...
  2. Cosmos

New tweeters for L200B

Honestly, the best method of upgrading an L200 isn't to just add a Tweeter. That may sound like bs, but while the compression driver is a great driver, the horn used on the mid/Tweeter is at least 60 year old technology. A much better choice would be to add a modern wide dispersion constant...
  3. Cosmos

Anyone recognize these speakers???

Well, they aren't "vintage". To me, they look like a bass cabinet with a modern horn enclosure up top... DIY I'd guess. Can you say Econo-Wave?
  4. Cosmos

JBL 4367 Am I crazy or stupid?

The concept of a two way with a 15" (or good 12") and medium size horn with good driver is a great combination that punches way above its pay grade. Take a look at some of the better Zilch Econo-wave projects, Wayne Parham's Pi Speakers, JBL's 4430/4435 series or TAD studio monitors (and many...
  5. Cosmos

Big Heathkit speakers?

Hey Mark (Ski), I still have them. I replaced the woofers with a special JBL frankenwoofers that @GordonW built. The Focal tweeter and midrange are probably worth the cost of the Heathkits.. (I saw them listed too..). I think they sound fantastic. Honestly, I think in their final configuration...
  6. Cosmos

Looking for information on some Tannoy Speakers

Kwingylee: I have owned a wide array of speakers from JBL 250Ti/4430/4425/4315, B&W, KLH Nines, Yamaha NS1000, Martin Logan Odyssey, etc. etc.. However, for several years now, my main system has been a 2 way with Acoustic Elegance Lambda TD-15X drivers, JBL 2445 with Truextent diaphragms on a...
  7. Cosmos

Looking for information on some Tannoy Speakers

Not sure what the sovereign name means. I had a pair of monitor 1000.. I thought they sounded pretty good, but I didn't feel they were keepers imo. I could not find much info or interest in them, so I sold the drivers and I moved on. However, now I am wondering if there was something wrong with...
  8. Cosmos

JBL L200T3 OR L 166

I'd jump on the L200t3, but would enjoy either.
  9. Cosmos

Bose or What!?

Kent nailed it. If you fly often or want good noise cancellation, Bose are great and they do sound good. Maybe not state of the art, but good. I fly often and own QC-25 and QC-30..Either are really great for that purpose. For long flights, the QC25/35 are more comfortable than the in ear QC20 or...
  10. Cosmos

Poll: JBL L100 grill options

Of course, it depends upon the room. Orange is really cool in a Mid Century Modern room, but Blue is safer for more rooms.. One can always spray paint, them as desired. I have two pair that I would like to get the square cut foam for.. Who sells the best foam inserts?
  11. Cosmos

Help in San Jose with B&O 6002

Across the net, I met a widow with a pair of speakers for sale that her recently deceased husband owned. I will likely purchase the speakers. However, in talking with her, she has a B&O 6002 that lights up but the platter is not spinning. She would like to get it working. Does anyone know a...
  12. Cosmos

KLH Nine in the house, or, “my strange electrostat addiction”!

Good luck with the Quads and the KLH Nines. Both very worthy projects.
  13. Cosmos

KLH Nine in the house, or, “my strange electrostat addiction”!

Crestwood23, Were you able to get the power supplies rebuilt?
  14. Cosmos

KLH Model 9

WMassGasMan, from experience, I have 6 pair of KLH Nines, I can tell you they like some muscle. It is also common for their tweeter panels to fail. Further, there is a diode ladder in the potted power supplies that age and should likely be replaced. However, when fully working correctly, they...
  15. Cosmos

Advice needed- new power source for KLH Nines

Hey Goober, I have too many pair of KLH Nines.. I believe that the best mine ever sounded we with a pair of Rogue Audio Magnum 120 monoblocks. They also sounded stellar on a SAE 2400, but I never compared the two in the same room.. They definitely like some muscle.. I had two pair at one of the...
  16. Cosmos

Sonos connect amp

Sonos is simply awesome. Get it running and I'd bet you will love it. However, in my mind, it's best benefit beyond actually being able to access virtually any music instantly, is its ability to play in multiple zones from so many sources. Set one unit up with a preamp feeding the auxiliary...
  17. Cosmos

I have a pair of Sennheiser's 650 and I don't like them.

I find the HD650 a little bass heavy.. some call it warm.. Personally, I like the Sennheiser HD600 and HD800, AKG K701 and Audeze LCD2 much better..
  18. Cosmos

Yamaha NS-1000 Cabinet question

They do look like factory cabinets that someone thought they could "improve".. and failed. If they were cheap enough, I'd jump on them and refinish, but if the seller is thinking of getting more than $500 or so, I'd pass.. God only knows what else they tried to "improve"..
  19. Cosmos

Give Oskar a Wedgie and Heil Smooth Out and Won't Be Such a Dip!

Hey Dennis, are those Acoustic Elegance Lambda TD-15" woofers?
  20. Cosmos

Understood.. Thanks for the reply. I am having a pair redone by Millersound in Philadelphia, but...

Understood.. Thanks for the reply. I am having a pair redone by Millersound in Philadelphia, but thought about getting a second pair as well.. I know there is a Dale Harder down here that does great work with Ohm F and Ohm A, but he is way out of my price range.. Did you ever come across my...
  21. Cosmos

Hi Dennis! Hope you're doing well.. The band was Culver City Dub Collective on their DOS album track 10: Mr. W
  22. Cosmos

Hey Andy, Hope you are doing well. I read that you picked up a pair of Ohm Fs a couple years...

Hey Andy, Hope you are doing well. I read that you picked up a pair of Ohm Fs a couple years ago.. any interest in selling them, if you still have them? Di you ever rebuild them?
  23. Cosmos

Toddalin, Really nice approach.. and a great look! Hope you're doing well.
  24. Cosmos

Original Advent: to Econowave or not

I agree with Pio1980. You are going to end up with a much better speaker that OLA.
Back
Top Bottom