Search results

1. quadklipsh

Is the kenwood supreme 600 so good as to let go all my others ?

Hi all. I luckily got a model 600 supreme recently. This amp sounded a bit more balanced in the bass and highs , although it was all original and not molested or upgraded at all. Even though one side was running slighly more warmer . I compared a sansui 717 and the combo of baf1 / C2102 , but...
  2. quadklipsh

How to fix a dead fostex orthodynamic/planar magnetic thing , T20RP .

Hi guys , i am counting this is start of 3rd year of my fostex lying dead (one side driver took 17v surge from a bad tube headphone amp ). So i have opened up the headphone today yet again. And this time I put one Philips conventional driver ( 32ohms with somewhat similar sensitivity) and made...
  3. quadklipsh

which CDP is better for under 100 bucks , PHILIPS 850 II cdp or SONY X33ES .

Hi all, I need to decide in a few days, if the Sony X33ES is more musical or this Philips 850 mk2. Both were old cd players and much respected, but now ??? I have a Cambridge Dacmagic100 , not much in use as I went for convenience and use a cheapo blue tooth device with my android phone. but...
  4. quadklipsh

Post your sansui au 777A amps , I didnt have the wood case with mine

Hi Sansuians , Its my 5th year with lovely Sansui AU-777d , and its been done again and revamped now by an AKer . He is impressed aplenty. but it just occurred to me after reading a post here that my sansui has a white metallic top with marblization and not wooden . some members have said they...
  5. quadklipsh

Pioneer A 07 or Pioneer 8500 II, which one is superior ?

Hi folks , im writing in the pioneer thread hoping to get a quick responce as i have the oppertunity here to get one pioneer amp out of the two . but dont know which of the two is the sweeter and mellower amp. I dont want brash highs and boosted upper mids . i want More musicality and pleasure...
  6. quadklipsh

C-2102 : Is this pre amp a good box to go with my newly recapped BA-F1 or better use 717 pre amp ???

Hi folks . Id like to ask if this C2102 is a worthy candidate to go with the refreshened BAF1, as I havent found the matching caf1 so far. I have been using the pre amps from either of my un-recapped 717 or a fully upgraded NAD 3020 series 20 , This pre amp C2102 would have the price I paid...
  7. quadklipsh

Marantz 1250 or sansui 919

Which of the two amps is considered to have a better sound quality. Although Both are quite tour de force models .,
  8. quadklipsh

Volume dial a deal breaker ??? Sansui aud 907x

How would you deal with the situation where the aud907x , has been recapped and gone through by a competent tech , but doesnot have the volume dial charisma . Its loose , almost free . Due to lube abuse from the past owners. Finding the proper dial maybe tough here . But what are the options . Plz
  9. quadklipsh

JUST paid for a rare Victor A X 9 ..... am i going in for a surprise sound ?

Hi all . This is my 2nd victor. The first one was AXZ-911 , 15 years ago. Its not working right now , some pre amp or driver stage components are desolded but my reliable seller told me the output transistors are all original and working. and the amp was in generally working state with no...
  10. quadklipsh

would you care to buy an AUD907 limited (1989), if you have 5 other Sansuis.

Hi folks, yesterday I was called by the HiFi seller here to checkout an amplifier( if I wanted to buy it or not). I went there and found a Sansui AUD907 limited (Its a 919 ) SOUND The amp was running Audiotechnica headphones. And while mp3s from cell phone were played, the sound was pretty...
  11. quadklipsh

Kenwood ka 907, vs kenwood supreme 600 ?

Which amp is better sound quality wise ?
  12. quadklipsh

Is the price vs Sound of trio7100 and ka 9300 or 600 supreme justifiable ?

A quicky question here please bear me , Can i go about a cheap trio 7100 and be in a similar sound quality close to the bigger models . Or is it laughable to have asked that.
  13. quadklipsh

pm84 or pm80 : which marantz sound more neutral and natural?

hi marantz folks. im mostly into sansui integrated and power amps but came by an oppertunity to own a marantz . i have a receiver by Harman Kardon to exchange with any of the above marantz . These both might need some TLC and work. one had a broken pcb the other has some outputs replaced . But...
  14. quadklipsh

would you trade an Adcom 555 for a sansui 8080db ?

Im in confusion. Though I haven't enjoyed the Adcom probably due to ageing caps.
  15. quadklipsh

Sennheiser HD580 wow, but not enough treble after wire change.

Hi folks. I had waited 2 months for this headphones and finally received it with broken original wire. The headset was used by the friend who suggested to have the cable changed. I made use of a low quality 3.5mm- RCA cable lying around to make this DIY headphone cable, just to hear how these...
  16. quadklipsh

How does a 1st and 3rd order would sound different to eachother if set for 3000hz.

Hi all . I want to know before i go out shopping for more capacitors and inductors. I'm using a simple crossover (4.7uf capacitor) with my tweeters in my diy KLS-9 speakers. They have sounded good to me for 8 years. But i keep doing changes. Can someone tell if i replace this 1st order XO with...
  17. quadklipsh

Have you compared sansui integrateds to Hegels?

My cousin grabbed a Hegel H1 SE amp for a month and fell in love. The amp, as I sat back and checked out sounded flawless. It had clarity and detail. What else would one ask for? The background experience of years of owning vintage amplifiers in shabby states made the Hegel a clear winner. But...
  18. quadklipsh

Aud 907x .... After a thorough refurb , develops weak bass

Im forced to toss this query here at the AK forum to trouble shoot this issue with the sansi au d 907x having a weak bass . The amp was recalled and refurbed by my tech who after the job compared it to the best integrated amps and found it better than the competition in many aspects during the...
  19. quadklipsh

Sansui 707

hi all, I have a Sansui that works fine but is 43 years old . Should it be recapped. It sounds very good as it is . but If recapped , will the vintage sound be affected. As there is possibility of amps to go linear and dry . Thanks.
  20. quadklipsh

Your favourite dual mono integrated models ?

Hi folks... Mi)ions of integrated amps out there But models like the kenwood supreme 600 have made it to the top just being dual mono topology. Can u say which models have been your favourite ???? Thanks alot.
  21. quadklipsh

New to post here! This Kenwood trio nomenclature is confusing

Hi all. Hope all kenny boys are enjoying their amps... I recently came across a trio 7100 in the market. Googled it. But found its innards to be completely different. Later found that the one in shop was trio 7100 and the one i googled was Kenwood 7100. Prices are also variable. How do i know...
  22. quadklipsh

marantz SM7-SC7 or would you get the sansui BAF1-CAF1?

please put your vote for the favourite one! would it be the Sansui ca-f1 ba-f1 or the Marantz sm7 sc7 models. both will need complete recap and restoration to specs before audition. here are the pictures from net . id prefer for the one with better musicality , spacious unfatiguing sound...
  23. quadklipsh

AU-707, one channel silent.

Hi folks, Yesterday, I took my beloved AU-707 with its "one channel -no sound issue", to the audio market and gave the amp to the tech .I left for some amp shopping, when I returned, he had it all working again .He had used a piece of wire between two points on the supply board .. and gave me...
  24. quadklipsh

An Alpha 999DG is home .

Hi folks. I just got a sansui alpha 999 DG from the market. Im excited. Its right here next to my AU 707 and BAF1 . Any one expecting superior performance?
  25. quadklipsh

aux1 compared to aux111 mos vintage ? any one ?

Hi folks I have seen a lot of AUX-1 reviews over the web and many lovers. but for AUX-111-MOS Vintage the data is scarce. There's not much ownership outside japan too. Are there any lucky folks who own both of these big amps and have any comments on the sound quality differences of the two ...
Back
Top Bottom