Search results

1. HomerJSimpson

Mystery vintage corner speaker Klipsch-ish? Lincoln 1200 18

Well a quick test reveals that both the woofer and tweeter work! Gotta get it into a corner for critical listening.
  2. HomerJSimpson

Mystery vintage corner speaker Klipsch-ish? Lincoln 1200 18

Ok since this is literally in my backyard, I put in a bid to see what the mystery driver will be!
  3. HomerJSimpson

Has anyone here heard of or have DB100 speakers?

Try searching db plus speakers.
  4. HomerJSimpson

CV LS-12 ISSUE

It could be the cabinet. Loose boards? Bad glue joints?
  5. HomerJSimpson

Happy Birthday HomerJSimpson !

Thank you everyone!
  6. HomerJSimpson

Ideas on Acoustic Research Classic 26 speaker fix

Question, are these rear ported?
  7. HomerJSimpson

Do this, play them loud at the level you would listen to them in the kitchen, stand in front of the speakers, and slowly walk backwards to the kitchen. Look for changes in the bass response. As you get further away does the bass weaken?
  8. HomerJSimpson

I'd say it's room acoustics. How far away is the kitchen from where the speakers are?
  9. HomerJSimpson

Avalon Acoustics Eclipse with notes......

You are correct that are the Nextel finish. Not sure what that means. There is life beneath whatever the coating is.
  10. HomerJSimpson

Avalon Acoustics Eclipse with notes......

I've bought a lot of speakers in my time, but never a set as cool as this with a hardcover book far a manual. Get this it has tons of notes. The cabinets need work as the clear coat has given up the ghost. Good news is all drivers work and sound great! 95 lbs each! I can't make much sense of the...
  11. HomerJSimpson

Custom Altec's $800 Conway SC

I was able to pick these up today, for less than asking price to boot! The tops were separate from the buttons so I was able to squeeze everything in my SUV!
  12. HomerJSimpson

Custom Altec's $800 Conway SC

Looks like 19's bit in a k-horn cabinet! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2896488320497469/
  13. HomerJSimpson

Todays Score.... 4 AR3a's in box...

Yeah, they weren't in my area per say, I was traveling for work and was able to make a pit stop on my way home!
  14. HomerJSimpson

Only bad thing about these is the original owner took off the paperwork off the backs.
  15. HomerJSimpson

And more...
  16. HomerJSimpson

More pics...
  17. HomerJSimpson

Ok so today I was able to score 2 pair of Acoustic Research AR3a's in box! It was a journey for sure, but it all worked out. I got them from the brother of the original owner. Seem very well kept for many years. All are in MINT condition. They seem to have been bought from a military base. One...
  18. HomerJSimpson

Tweeter ID needed.

Are these JBL 075?
  19. HomerJSimpson

Happy Birthday HomerJSimpson!

THANKS everyone, glad to still be here after all these years!
Back
Top Bottom