Search results

1. ToneAlive

Alternate tweeter recommendation for Paradigm CC-350

Or anyone know what would be a price range that have a few quality options?
  2. ToneAlive

Alternate tweeter recommendation for Paradigm CC-350

Hey everyone, I have a blown tweeter in my Paradigm CC-350 and it seems the exact replacements are hard to find and expensive. Does anyone know how to find specs on the tweeter so that I can buy a comporable replacement from Parts Express or sonething? ..or just know of one that would work...
  3. ToneAlive

Need receiver with 1/3 Octave eq and fully adjustabe crossover

It does have a specific sub output, you might be looking at the 821-k manual, that is the only 821 version Pioneer has on their site. the sub is a diy box with a driver from a polk dsw 500. the amp running it is a bgw systems vintage pro audio amp.
  4. ToneAlive

Subwoofer is just a passive box, so I think i need a receiver with the previously stated capabilities. any one have any suggesstions?
  5. ToneAlive

Any one have any suggestions in the mid level receiver price range? I currently have a Pioneer VSX-821, and I like it just fine, the room eq wizard is helpful, but it still can't get the frequency curve close enough for me, and the subwoofer crossover set frequencies go from 50hz to 80; not...
  6. ToneAlive

Which of these amps for ns10m?

Hey guys, I'm currently runnng my ns10m's on a crown ps400 in my recording studio. I'm planning on using that amp for some subs I'm going to build for a dfferent speaker setup, so I need another amp for the ns10's. The ns10 setup uses an active subwoofer so this amp will only be handling above...
  7. ToneAlive

Jbl 4410a driver swap questions

Thanks Craig, I won't give up on them. They do have a good amount of bass, but I can't get what I want out of them without a sub. Everything acoustically is good, and they are in phase, its just taste buds. You said you have an extra pair, are they for sale? Let me know how if goes with...
  8. ToneAlive

Thanks everyone, that is all great advise that is pretty consistent, making my next moves pretty obvious. I'll go ahead and pick up the 127-h1's when I see them for a good deal, add my subwoofers, and use a bit of eq to make it all suit my taste. I listened to them again today, they aren't...
  9. ToneAlive

Hey guys! I have a pair of 4410a's that are flush mounted in my recording studio. I have a whole bunch of questions here because I am unsatisfied with the sound Im getting right now. However, replacing the whole speaker is out for now, and I want to try a few things with the specific drivers...
  10. ToneAlive

AR312 HO woofers vs a good aftermarket woofer for DIY sub

Hey, I started another thread in the DIY forum asking for suggestions for a driver for some DIY subs I am making. Got a lot of great feedback, but I wanted to see if anyone knew how the sub drivers in the AR312HO might compare to an after market driver in the $150 range. I have a pair of those...
  11. ToneAlive

DIY subwoofer

Thanks for the file! I'm not that worried about the bass response in the room because it will be heavily treated. There is quite a lot of absorbtion and bass traps that I have built. BUT, that doesnt mean I should not make the right choice about the best sub setup scenerio. Honestly, I...
  12. ToneAlive

DIY subwoofer

Have a crossover
  13. ToneAlive

DIY subwoofer

Thanks Doors, my room is 12' wide, 6'10 tall, and 21 feet deep. I think I want 12" drivers, but I am not dead set on that either..seems like 12's should sound more solid. And I really only need it for lower than 90 hz. I don't want the whole sub with box to be bigger than 1"10" or taller an...
  14. ToneAlive

DIY subwoofer

I definitely want high spl capability. How do you determine that though, just by wattage? I was thinking 400 watts was perfect.. didn't want any less. It will be able to be eq'ed as well as put through a crossover. As far as the max output, do you mean how the LAB 12 is described as "400...
  15. ToneAlive

DIY subwoofer

maybe, if I decide to go with two of them, I would probably look for something a little cheaper. How important is the quality of a subwoofer? Are they going to sound that different? As long as it is able to handle enough wattage and it doesn't malfunction...:scratch2: I would probably...
  16. ToneAlive

DIY subwoofer

Hey guys, I want to build a box for a subwoofer and I need some good suggestions for the subwoofer driver. Want to keep the speaker itself under $150. I will be using them in a recording studio.. I think I want one for the right side and one for the left. I'm all about finding stuff used if it...
  17. ToneAlive

JBL 4410A - vertical or horizontal orientation?

"Vertical position will have smoothest horizontal dispersion." Right, that makes sense. Better to have a bigger horizontal dispersion area than a vertical one. Thanks, vertical it is.
  18. ToneAlive

JBL 4410A - vertical or horizontal orientation?

So I will be soffit mounting these monitors as my mains, midfield, in my studio.. Looking at the speaker construction - woofer, then the midrange driver above it, and the tweeter above that, it would seem that they are intended to be positioned vertically. But it might be better for my soffit...
  19. ToneAlive

JBL 4410 vs 4412 vs 4410a vs 4412a

Right on. The DIY thing might be cool, but I've never built any kind of circuit before. Does someone sell a kit? If I wanted to purchase one already made, is it simple enought that they are all close in quality or are there some brands to stay away from? ..right now, I can't think of why I...
  20. ToneAlive

Speaker wire - $100 - 150'?

Yeah, it has both. http://www.google.com/search?q=crown+ps400&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=IQPPT6TrEOaM2gWwvKXHDA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CEUQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672
  21. ToneAlive

Great, just got 250' of it for $131.00 including shipping - covers the live room run too. And don't know why I forgot this, but my amp has binding posts for outputs as well.. solves the broken terminal problem. Thanks everyone! I learned a lot and now know that I will have everything...
  22. ToneAlive

yeah, it would.. but I have done that in the past and there was a pretty big drop in signal strength.. Want to avoid that.
  23. ToneAlive

I like the idea of running the subs wide open. And as far as being able to bypass the subs when I want to, that would just be a matter of turning their amp off, because they would be running off their own amp. Yeah, the part that is going to require an additional step here though is the fact...
  24. ToneAlive

you are saying banana plugs are not an acceptable way for "professionals" to make speaker connections? Also, on the "improper" amplifier repair.. I wouldn't call it a repair by soldering the speaker wire in, I would call it solving a problem. Got a witty response for what you would call it...
Back
Top Bottom