Search results

1. A

Yamaha AX-900 experiences?

@mufster just 90L?Really great price for Yamaha AX-900 :). Mine it was 250Eur.But is ok, in my opinion it is worth every penny.because is in excellent condition, is work perfectly and he look like new, without scracth, no other phisical defects- verry impresive even after 27 years. Gorgeous...
  2. A

What's British in your system?

British in my system is the amazing speakers Celestion SL6 and lovely CD Arcam Alpha 5Plus... wich is restored and moded with new op-amps, new Panasonic, Rubycon, Solens cap and Schottky diodes. The sound is lively, natural, and corse I love the british sound. In other hand I have an McIntosh...
  3. A

Celestion SL6 - pairing with amps

HK 655 is great to! :thmbsp: BTW, another important point for a good audition on Celestion SL6 is the position and the STANDS. Yes, need a good metal stand not higher at 18 inch. With this , a powerfull amplifier (..like my Yamy 900 ;) )and a good source (for ex. a good CD player) definitely...
  4. A

Celestion SL6 - pairing with amps

My Celestion SL6 run with Yamaha AX-900 amplifier that is a verry good synergy. But I had others few power amplifier like Onkyo integra A8870, Marantz PM68, Yamaha AX892 who managed to drive right. You need an amplifier at least 80-100 watt.better after 100 w.:thmbsp:
  5. A

...and I love my AX-900:music:. If you love the ax-700 sound try to find the AX900 and buy it! You'll be surprised by the powerfull, dynamic and clean sound... and corse the impresive construction of this amplifier.:thmbsp: Now I can confirm how this model is better like my previous yamaha...
  6. A

True, yamaha ax 900 ( and probably the little brother ax700) sound much better like other comercial equipment, much better like many newer and high class amplifiers.:tresbon: .The sound is not only open but has power, transparence, neutrality and I think Yamaha deserve the concept "Natural...
  7. A

Marantz CD-65DX

One of the most important element is the audio DAC inside of the CD player.This model have the one of the most famous DAC , the audio "legend " TDA1541A invented by Philips., and the robust , heavy, and strong transport CDM made by Philips. Mostly of Philips vintage player have this DAC and a...
  8. A

Yes, it is excellent :thmbsp: and is look like new. True "natural sound" :music:
  9. A

Yamaha AX-900 U opinions.......

I have one of this yamaha, and I can thell you is a real BEAST :plenty of power, huge trasformer, big caps- all very well built, and like new! Alps-original control volume, and "only"..18kg! And the sound?Oohh the sound is simply GREAT: very well balanced, with punch articulate bass, sweet and...
  10. A

Universal Crossover?

Hi Marcel, would I sugest you to search and replace the same original tweeters, or, like wmgwizard to repair them. I have the SL6 and only I can thell you is that speakers have very precise parameters and do not agree changes:nono: ,especially on drivers/tweeters section. Remember, changing...
  11. A

Sony SA3-ES tuner?

It is good this tuner? I have the opportunity to buy it, so anny recomandation please? thx.:thmbsp:
  12. A

Anybody own Vintage Celestions ??

Hi, happy to see how many people love Celestion:yes: I have the Celestion SL6 copper domes- excellent speakers! Great sound: beautifull highs, verry realistic midrange(...the human voices is verry present), dynamic bass. Take a look for my opinions about this rock speakers here...
  13. A

Curbside find. Yamaha AX-900.

Yes, finally I find the same Yamaha AX900, and I love this amp.Is a real beast, amazing sound with my Celestion SL6. This really sing! superior to many current equipment.:tresbon:
  14. A

Finally I have the Yamaha AX900 -is a real beast AND the sound is excellent with Celestion SL6. :tresbon: I recommend this combination!
  15. A

Celestion SL6 Speakers ( Copper Domes)

I think is true Celt. But I have good results with Solens in some B&W upgrade.
  16. A

..and mine the same :thmbsp: SL6Si is the next model after SL6, right? Btw, good verdict to on Hi-FiNews Magazine http://www.hifinews.co.uk/news/article/celestion-sl6--vintage/9405/ and is true: not boomy bass, just precisely with good power amplifier, and "You feel that inside this...
  17. A

excelent!:music: btw, which model do you have?
  18. A

is definitely worth :thmbsp:
  19. A

Great infos about Celestion SL6 sound philosophy here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/115879-capacitor-question-kef-speakers-4.html
  20. A

Why recap old crossovers?

Je suis parfaittement d'accord! :thmbsp: I agree your opinion Gordon, seems be true, I have experience with my Celestion SL6. In the past I tried to upgrade the old Elcap withe ones new like mundorf, bennic or solen. Even all of this is newer, superior polypropylene caps, was NOT a really good...
  21. A

Celestion SL6 Speaker Score!

Nice to meet you again tube-a-lou :yes: As you already know, I'm a fan of Celestion SL6 :D :great sound with a lot o details , very well balanced and amazing voices comming out from this little rock speakers- everbybody attempt to come forward. But like EMT930 I recomand you a litle more...
  22. A

GTA/Ontario - Celestion SL6 - $150 OBO (North York)

Celestion SL6 is my taste. With a powerfull amplifier make a great job: very clear voices, lot of details, verry well balanced and surprisingly holographic stereo image :tresbon:. So, is a great deal and take them :thmbsp:
  23. A

Telefunken TR 800 opinions

Is one of the best receiver maded by Telefunken. :tresbon: My parents had this machine.: innovative, lot of power, but today very rare.
  24. A

Thank's for your replay Keessie. Jamo s-606 is a nice speakers to :tresbon: other opinions?:scratch2: My model is a litle newer like AX900, is a Yamaha AX 892. That also It was Yamaha top model in '99-2000; Strong and very good sounding, neutral&detailed..but, i'm curious about AX900 in...
  25. A

any owners of Yami AX900?:scratch2: .. true is very rare in this day.
Back
Top Bottom