Search results

1. thedelihaus

Hello friends, it's been a while...

Hello to many old friends and hopefully some new ones. Not really an introduction, but a re-introduction. Pardon my extended absence- things come up. Hopefully I'll have the time to check in more regularly as I miss the site and the interaction with many of you, I've been idle in my listening...
  2. thedelihaus

Pondering Two ST70 Kits - Bob Latino vs DynaKit Parts

Hello Mr. Creek and fellow AKers, Pardon my long extended absence. I look forward to posting more as circumstances allow. But back to the topic on hand... I currently have a fully restored ST-70 with a replacement board like The DynakitParts unit. Done by a very close friend and AKer...
  3. thedelihaus

Happy 60th Birthday to audiodon!

Link to other birthday thread- http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/happy-birthday-to-audiodon.776448/
  4. thedelihaus

Happy 60th Birthday to audiodon!

Don, As noted in the other birthday thread to you (I'll send you a link), A little bird (perhaps the Fisher logo) told me it was the birthday today of one of the greatest to walk the planet. I tip my hat to you, good sir- you have touched my soul with your presence and I am forever grateful...
  5. thedelihaus

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

Thank you Frank for all the years of generous hosting. Thank you Jim for your years of dedication and efforts to keep these local events so well organized and executed. I arrived on the late side- I missed a bunch of friends this round- but grateful for catching up with those who were still...
  6. thedelihaus

Happy Birthday to audiodon!

A little bird (perhaps the Fisher logo) told me it was the birthday today of one of the greatest to walk the planet. I tip my hat to you, good sir- you have touched my soul with your presence and I am forever grateful for this.
  7. thedelihaus

Vacuum Tube Medical Equipment

Hello Mr Hardy! Adam- I've been digging through my tubes and have a Cornell University Lab Tested 6u8 and a few fancy shmancy Hewlett Packard branded G.E. & RCA 6u8s in the mix as well. There's some Honeywell and other brand names I've come across at various times that aren't typically...
  8. thedelihaus

Vacuum Tube Medical Equipment

Vacuum Tube Medical Equipment - see image below
  9. thedelihaus

B&K EX-442 Rehab

I really respect these amps and am surprised the 442s haven't climbed in value compared to some other amps that are comparable in build quality and sound. While I'm downsizing my collection (hoard), and the 442s at 200+ wpc are very much overkill for my personal needs, I find it extremely hard...
  10. thedelihaus

Audio Technica AT-15SS beryllium cantilever assembly repair: success!

I'd love to see a few photos. I have one that ams apart too, given to me by a fellow AK member, and didn't realize there was a filament attached to the rubber donut- I put it in a drawer for later repair, and have never gotten around to it. I had assumed the rubber grommet was held in place only...
  11. thedelihaus

Proof of Concept On SP 10 Started

Nope. But found the keys to the '59 Buick. And a Reggie Bar.
  12. thedelihaus

Restoring a set of EPI 50 speakers.

Great work on these! Kudos to you.
  13. thedelihaus

EPI M50- Rebuilding to relive the past!

Beautiful! So happy to see these returned to their former glory- and then some. Your veneering skills are enviable.
  14. thedelihaus

I fell between the sofa cushions for an extended period...
  15. thedelihaus

Ps- thoughts about running a metal platter mat on the 10, vs a custom platter? I've had nice results with a solid copper mat and an SAEC alloy (gunmetal?) mat.
  16. thedelihaus

Nice to see this outcome. Looking forward to seeing the final setup.
  17. thedelihaus

Fix it or junk it? Luxman DC-113 CD player

Oh- and motor/laser assembies do pop up for these on eBay- I think I ordered mine from Europe- but some assemblies are becoming scarce.
  18. thedelihaus

Fix it or junk it? Luxman DC-113 CD player

Unfortunately I passed the Luxman along- I combined a handful of units to make a working couple. Best of luck with your efforts!
  19. thedelihaus

Tried and true crossover upgrade: Tobin Mods for Bozak B302a

Brian, I've just re-drawn a schematic for this crossover and will be starting a thread on it shortly- I'm rebuilding a set for my pal Tom. There's an update to this mod- before his passing, Tobin put the T-101 to rest and started championing the T-104. Give me a day or two (maybe three) and...
  20. thedelihaus

R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

Sorry to hear of this. George was a straight-up, no-nonsense, kindhearted fella. This is a notable loss for humanity.
  21. thedelihaus

Yay - 2016 Winter FrankenFest time - Saturday Febraury 27th in Clinton, MA

Such a great time- so many long-standing members, and a nice turnout of new faces too. My only regret is I missed out on Brian's Holt Hill Audio reveal. The buzz was all very VERY positive.
  22. thedelihaus

Todd- I'll call Victor and let him know about the event (if he's not already aware).
  23. thedelihaus

Hoping to attend, awaiting funeral arrangement scheduling for a relative. I do hope to see you all there. Parking looks like it won't be as strenuous as some of the snowier winters we've dealt with.
  24. thedelihaus

I also have the monitor version, the Renaissance Audio Duet, and some of Bobby Palcovich's...

I also have the monitor version, the Renaissance Audio Duet, and some of Bobby Palcovich's Merlin monitors. Have you ever heard Merlins? They are every bit as good as the hifi rags claim, and likely better. Younger always welcome to stop by for a listen.
Back
Top Bottom