Search results

1. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

AR-4Xa has 10µF caps in cross over,so different as AR-4X, a polypropilene cap of same value will do the job. Thanks, One of my favorite speakers.Indeed ,treatement with waterproof sandpaper between layers Danisch oil gives a nice fininsh.:)
  2. robbe_15

Pionner SX-626 Output coupling caps

I have recently recapped a SX-3000. This is a SX-626 but sold in American army stores in Europe I believe. Changed the stock 2200µF 35V by 3300µF 35V Nichicon KS. KS is similar to Nichicon KG but smaller , so better to put it on the the board. and they fit exactly...
  3. robbe_15

Kenwood KX-2060 cassette deck belts

The 2060 fits wunderfull with Marantz 22xx, Enjoy :)
  4. robbe_15

Kenwood KX-2060 cassette deck belts

Hi, Long ago but if I remember correct I loosened the plastic screw that holds the fly weel just enough to put belt over the wheel ,then screwed plastic screw back until speed slows down then loosen it very little again. Don't forget to clean first:music: These are nice decks indeed, have 2...
  5. robbe_15

AR-2X My first refoam attempt

Thanks ra.ra. What is so special at these "FNM fuses" ? Where I live there is a electronic shop where I can get every (normal) fuse (fast or slow, every value but no FNM fuses). Searched around and seems that a lot of people protect there precious speakerdrivers. About the AR-2X: Listened a...
  6. robbe_15

Finished the cabinet: 3 layers Danisch oil. Picture with flash..gives a red color Without flash...more natural,closer to reality Sound is good..deep strong, but controled bass, deeper than my AR-4Xa. High tones are OK but here is the AR-4Xa the winner. Is there much difference in sound...
  7. robbe_15

Thanks ! Your cabinets like a lot like mine so I guess walnut. First layer with Danisch oil, diluted with 20% white spirit.
  8. robbe_15

Have not ordered these but site where I ordered described surround as "extra flexible for acoustic suspension design". Asked info about Filled Filet surrounds but they don't know it. So , maybe I order next time just surround for a Boston acoustic speaker ,wich they have instead of AR surrounds...
  9. robbe_15

Thanks, Will test speakers with original caps first. In the mean while alignment and glued surround to gasket. Fixation,God thanks it rains so my wife does not need clothes. :banana: Thanks for info about caps.Seems nice but I,m living in Europe so hope I find something in Europe if...
  10. robbe_15

After succesfull restoration of a pair AR-4Xa I decided to take a pair Ar-2X under my hands and do (or try )my first refoam. It is something different as a recap (I have here some Marantzes recapped.) This pair was saved from dumpster…shame :whip: Cabinets in faire state, except top...
  11. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

. Thanks stupidhead. Question will be asked :)
  12. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Yes indeed I was very suprised...damn good tweeters.Even before recap. Now listening to some modern techno music with some heavy, deep bass on this more than 40 year old speaker. Good bass and sparkling high frequenties .. nice sound:music:
  13. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Thanks ! After more listenig moments : High tones are stronger present then before recap. Have to decreese potmeter slightly because high clarity of the tweeters. Bass is good for this size of cabinet..clearly better than B&W DM4. Original foam ring was removerd after taking the pictures. Only...
  14. robbe_15

AR 4X Score!!

Nice find, I just have restored a pair of AR-4Xa speakers myself, this is my first AR and I'm verry impressed. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/acoustic-research-ar-4xa.692558/ They will never leave.
  15. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

No worry, thanks for the effort. Ordered foam from site mentioned. In the mean while: Put insulation tape beneath woofers: Looks nice, What about surroundings, seems to be OK ? Finished cabinet. After third application of Danish oil gently rubbed it with waterproofed sandpaper n° 600 and...
  16. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Dont have much choise here in Europe This is the one (Dutch) http://www.repairyourspeakers.com/index.php?item=1-x-foamrand-ar-2ax_-5_-8_-12_-14_-38_-48_-90---erg-soepel&action=article&group_id=10000023&aid=63&lang=NL
  17. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Thanks ra.ra. So , I have a 10 inch foam surrounded woofer in my AR-2X (4 bolts).When I order foam surroundingsnfor 2AX, these are the same as the 2X ? ken 4Xa is finished will post foto. OK, I will leave them for the moment being. They look OK to me. What exactly is that black stuff...
  18. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

OK, thanks for all info At request...here we go :banana: cabinet and grill cloth. Grill cloth was loosening , untieing at the edges so I want to do a little fixation before front end became loose. I applied “wallpaper glue” (cellulosis). This hardened and made the edges of grill cloth glued...
  19. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

OK , I'm living in Europe so Parts Express no option. But I have done some searching. What about nomal insulation( we call it isolation tape) tape used for doors and windows... picture (thickness: left 10mm , right 5mm). Is it a good alternative ? Opinions please because I'm trilling to...
  20. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Resistor is 10 Ohms I have still original foam rings beneath all speakers but sound is good, good bass. In the meanwhile replaced other speakers cap by WIMA MKP4. Sound is more clear and detailed now on high tones, but very subtile. Do I need to replace foam rings ? Sound is good. What about...
  21. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Update with pictures Crossover AR-4Xa Cleaned pot, used very fine abrasive paper and afterwards contact pray. While I was in I decided to replace original cap by WIMA MKP polypropilene of same value and removed old cap. Now I'm listening to them, one with new cap , one with old cap...
  22. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

OK, Pictures will follow this WE, only thing I can say now is that there is a big yellow block capacitor, sort of film or wax that I would replace by a WIMA MKP polyprop of same value... 10 µF.
  23. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Thanks for the reply guys Indeed connection is written on paper backside. Serial numbers 02588 and 02580 or 02560 (number unclear) Presume European because bought here by a friend in the seventies and inspection done in Amersfoort Holland according paper on backside. Unfinished cabinets, I...
  24. robbe_15

Acoustic Research AR-4Xa

Scored a nice pair of Acoustic research AR4Xa speakers. I was surprised of the good,sound. It is a keeper ! Already cleaned potmeters for tweeters and now I’m going to do cabinets (bare wood) with “Danish oil”. Now I have some questions: Connections to amplifier are numbered 1 and two...
  25. robbe_15

2226B signal strenght meter

Have this unit,plays well but stereo not always turns on.If stereo, sound is OK but turns frequently back in mono.Signal strenght meter comes just at the middle of scale.Is it possible to get signal strengt meter higher by adjusting a trimpot so stereo in triggered. can't find it in service...
Back
Top Bottom