Search results

1. electrohifi

Dynaco ST-70 mod poll

I have purchased the Bob Latino board, it was well designed but did not work out for me. I did not like the sound and reverted back to the original but new design with new 7199 tubes. I also upgraded all the resistors with Takman 2%CF resistors and all the caps with silver mica and NOS Russian...
  2. electrohifi

Dynaco ST70 Original? Or not...

A trained hand can feel it coming, observant people will notice hair standing up and that sweet itch in your fingers before it bites ya. I also work with neon bulbs attached to any probe they will light up when near high voltage.
  3. electrohifi

Mattes SSP-200

The problem was solved with emitter resistance, the original circuit had none on paper anyway or visible ie; resistors. By design Hometaxial transistors have small values of emitter resistance built into the device.....if the original designers did not pass this onto the new designers I can see...
  4. electrohifi

Mattes SSP-200

It is important to remember the output devices must be hometaxial design, these devices have internal emitter resistance that is crucial for these amps to perform correctly. If you try any old 2n3055 they will oscillate, you can make circuit changes with low value caps and tiny value resistors...
  5. electrohifi

Mattes SSP-200

Hello all, it has been awhile since I stepped in the forums as I was making some very serious life changes over the last couple years. I still indeed do have this amplifier and if anyone would like some repair tips please post your questions in the forum here I will check in frequently. This...
  6. electrohifi

Electrohome Crescendo Imperial Schematic

I know it has been awhile, however would you mind putting some decent pics of the underside up in the thread here? I lost my comp to a dead HD and lost all my original before rebuild pics.
  7. electrohifi

Electrohome Crescendo Imperial Schematic

eekkkk I got one of these exact consoles a year ago and gutted it for the amp alone, just recently stripped the chassis and am doing a complete refurb paint and all. I notice some guys restore these entire units glad to see they don't all hit the landfill
  8. electrohifi

Please check my work......

My advice is look up user echowars and mark the fixer these guys seem to be the authority for subbing transistors. I make a point of keeping all good transistors on anything I scrap and it has paid off hundreds of times.
  9. electrohifi

FM3 Zone

yeah I found that one too, only problem he has hardly nothing listed. I will order the small kit he has for now, lets hope he puts more of his offerings up on the bay as I can't get him on his site:thumbsdn:
  10. electrohifi

FM3 Zone

thank-you, if you can please forward a user name that would be great.
  11. electrohifi

FM3 Zone

Has anyone here actually been able to get anything from this site? http://home.comcast.net/~netminer/FM3ZONE.html I have on several occasions tried to place orders from this site but never get a response, I wish i could, if anyone knows the status of this site please post.....thanks so...
  12. electrohifi

Any SS Dynaco experts? What do do about ST-120 caps?

This is why I love this old amp so much, a perfect introduction to DIY at a rock bottom pricepoint. Buy them broken on Eprey and have at it folks, the site listed above is loaded with great ideas that DO make some improvements. The st80 is another great amp to tweak up, even though it sounds...
  13. electrohifi

Check this booboo out sansui

amen to that brother, seems they all fail from the same issue during this era...other than the glue the units are very well built and IMO better than any marantz as far as build quality, not light years better just better. The AU series is a perfect example of this, marantz just could not keep...
  14. electrohifi

Tube rolling the 6BQ5?

I stuck with the original chassis design, and have the individual bias adjust board from dynakitparts I believe? it dials the tubes in very tight with separate 20 turn pots. I did try a choke first on the outside and the resistor, noticed absolutely no difference in sound to be honest. I have...
  15. electrohifi

Tube rolling the 6BQ5?

I like the 6p14p-ev myself and they sound great in my dynaco st-35 amplifier. This is a new build amp just the transformers are original, I bought a new chassis at dynakit parts, new boards and put the rest together. I do use el84 in it too, I used a 50watt 400 ohm resistor off the first...
  16. electrohifi

well finished up the service, great results I am amazed at the headroom this series has. I can't believe I wired one of the main filters wrong lol well things have been busy lately here another Sansui is due this weekend the AU-D9 that has the death glue syndrome. I think I will keep my eyes...
  17. electrohifi

Hi guys, I was reading your post ghazzer on the 6700 nice post, not to worry about the cap Masterdraco it did not see a reversed polarity the connections to it were reversed no cap damage. The negative feed was hooked to the positive terminals, I checked the caps out fully with a esr meter and...
  18. electrohifi

well buttoned it all back together and it worked perfectly, enough for today will finish the re-cap tomorrow lol
  19. electrohifi

haha yeah you would figure i would have that down pat now, so your though on possible damage from the lack of b- downstream? I am guessing not much chance I wrecked the fuse due to cap being wired wrong it looks like.
  20. electrohifi

so no that I had the negative side of the rail backwards, I have been unable to find any damage to the circuit other than the fuse time to button it back up and check again and again to make sure I do that right geez man rookie mistake. I wonder if anything could have been messed up other than...
  21. electrohifi

ccheath yes I did lol, 100% backwards and I just found it. never work on stuff when you are tired and bored this was a 2am mess up
  22. electrohifi

bump
  23. electrohifi

your talking the main filters poss and neg leads? by removing these leads it would take them right out of the circuit? it is a g6700 receiver
  24. electrohifi

Ok so I was changing the main filters on a amplifier and it was late, I was not paying attention and I hooked both rails to the positive side, needless to say after a few seconds the fuse let go with no negative voltage. So I then fixed my wiring mistake and replaced the MAIN fuse with a lower...
  25. electrohifi

Any SS Dynaco experts? What do do about ST-120 caps?

The ST120 is what got me seriously into amplifier work 15 years ago, I just loved the look of it. I will never part with mine even though they sound well about as good as a table top radio with some balls. For the learning DIY type it is a great foolin with amplifier, very little can be done...
Back
Top Bottom